Turn Based Combat game breaking "bug"

GoldenDude

Question

I've encountered this "bug" a few time now, which made me reload my game every time it happend.

I don't think it's a bug, rather something that was overlooked at.

So, while at combat, if you get Frightened & Immobilized at the same time, you won't be able to advance/skip/take your turn.

Having no control over the charcter with the Frightened effect, all it does is trying to run away, making the Pass\End Turn button turn into > Waiting...

Because the character is also Immobilized (unable to move), the turn is just stuck, and you have to reload your save to start the encounter all over again, hoping not to get combo'ed like that again.

I've tried every button possible, nothing works. the turn is just stuck.

I hope I was clear enough. This issue should be easliy recreatable.

Thank you,

GoldenDude

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

Hello GoldenDude!

Thank you for letting us know about this issue with immobile characters and the frightened status effect in Turn-Based Mode.  Fortunately the team has already created a fix for this which is currently awaiting the next patch release before it is implemented into Deadfire.  Keep an eye on the forums for the patch notes.  If you notice that this is still occurring after being patched, please let us know so we can take another look at this.

Thanks again and sorry for the inconvenience this is causing your combat.

I'm now playing the fight against Neriscyrlas (most up to date game version as of today) and this just happened to me twice with Tekehu getting permastuck on "waiting" and no possible way to advance the fight. Absolutely devastating bug, as this fight takes FOREVER and I just have to abandon it and start all over again.

At this point, I'm not even sure it's possible for me to continue the game at all. Do I just give up and quit playing entirely? I'm not even sure how to get past this? Tekehu gets permanantly stuck and I can't do anything.

Anyone have any help? I don't want to give up, but ....... what else can I do?