What is the most cool processor

Draxicus

The one with the biggest after-market (bought separately) cooler on it. If a cpu comes with a factory cooler included it's typically not very good - I mean it'll work but it's not meant for high-stress cooling. Some cpu's don't even come with a minimal factory cooler and are just the cpu, now.

ac-freezerxtreme-1.jpg

....lol.  :) You can get smaller/shorter ones that work better than factory-included ones might, for basic, non-overclocked cooling. Those may keep a cpu 5-10C cooler than factory. Or go liquid cooling instead (which I barely know anything about technically).

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Liquid cooling isn't much cooler than air, but it takes longer to get warm, and you have more area to spread your fans over. If you're going overclock crazy you will want water generally speaking.

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Redacted, wrong thread, sorry

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

You can check this yourself. A CPU that has a high TDP (Thermal Design Profile) will be tougher to cool. Lower is better (in this case).

The AMD Ryzen 5 2600E is (up to) 4GHz under a 45W TDP. That will be pretty easy to cool.

The Intel Corei9-9990XE is also 4GHz (stock) but has a 255W TDP. It's a small super nova, impossible to cool.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The Intel Corei9-9990XE is also 4GHz (stock) but has a 255W TDP. It's a small super nova, impossible to cool.

And will happily suck up to 500W from the socket, with no manual overclock...

An industrial aquarium chiller ought to do the trick cooling wise, luckily Intel has one sitting around.

I want to build a PC from sratch but I live in a tropical country(Latin America), so heating is going to be an issue, I will deeply thank you if you can advice me

The one with the biggest after-market (bought separately) cooler on it. If a cpu comes with a factory cooler included it's typically not very good - I mean it'll work but it's not meant for high-stress cooling. Some cpu's don't even come with a minimal factory cooler and are just the cpu, now.

ac-freezerxtreme-1.jpg

....lol.  :) You can get smaller/shorter ones that work better than factory-included ones might, for basic, non-overclocked cooling. Those may keep a cpu 5-10C cooler than factory. Or go liquid cooling instead (which I barely know anything about technically).

Liquid cooling isn't much cooler than air, but it takes longer to get warm, and you have more area to spread your fans over. If you're going overclock crazy you will want water generally speaking.

Redacted, wrong thread, sorry

You can check this yourself. A CPU that has a high TDP (Thermal Design Profile) will be tougher to cool. Lower is better (in this case).

The AMD Ryzen 5 2600E is (up to) 4GHz under a 45W TDP. That will be pretty easy to cool.

And will happily suck up to 500W from the socket, with no manual overclock...

An industrial aquarium chiller ought to do the trick cooling wise, luckily Intel has one sitting around.

Thank you all for your advices, I am thinking on the Coolermaster Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler, is cheap and the reviews I have seen are quite good. Thanks once again

• 4 weeks later...

Liquid cooling isn't much cooler than air...

That's generally true if you're talking about AIO units but once you get into even fairly basic custom loops then you're going to see much larger gains.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

That's generally true if you're talking about AIO units but once you get into even fairly basic custom loops then you're going to see much larger gains.

Basic principals still apply, even with a custom loop you will still get something like 4-5 degrees above ambient temperature. Unless you go for active cooling.

• Like 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

• 9 months later...
On 2/22/2019 at 8:33 PM, Azdeus said:

Just wait.  Water cooling is about to be replaced.

https://www.overclock.net/forum/246-air-cooling/1738546-icegiant-prosiphon-elite.html

To be released just in time for the new Intel CPU's.  Which is great because now I don't have to buy a new case with a 360mm radiator slot on the top.  The drawback though being this massive block crowding up my case lol.

Also as far as keeping your cpu cool, your motherboard matters significantly.  Spending a little more on a decent board you can lower the voltage to get better temps.

• Haha 1

LOL, it weighs 1.3kgs XD

Or you could just not buy an overpriced CPU that needs a 1500W industrial cooler? ;)

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

14 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

Or you could just not buy an overpriced CPU that needs a 1500W industrial cooler? ;)

Yeah I used to think like that.   You know, settling for a mid-ranged cpu overclocked as Hell.  Worked great for a while but unfortunately modern games require more cpu juice, especially if your goal is 144fps 1440p max settings.

You're going to fight an uphill battle with an intel cpu and an AMD gpu, you're going to be gpu-bound if anything. But I'm straying OT, nevermind.