Again I need you help with a boss fight:

How to kill this giant eye for the second time? I do hardly any damage and wiped out by its beams.

Level 20 party with Eder (fighter), Xoti (priest), Ydwin (rouge), Aloth (mage) and me paladin.

Which spells, buffs and equipment do I need to take it down? Thank you.

Level 20 party with Eder (fighter), Xoti (priest), Ydwin (rouge), Aloth (mage) and me paladin.

you probably want to provide more details about your party, because othwerise i'm going ot say a lot of stuff that may require re-speccing.

if i remember correctly, the boss merely resists body affliction, so with a level 20 aloth you can cast petrification and paralyze it for a while. empower and then cast again as needed. you'll probably need a morningstar modal to debuff with -25 fort to help land the effect well (bonus: have aloth use Eldritch Aim for extra accuracy and Infuse with Vital Essence for extra duration, or better yet Litany for the Spirit from Xoti; also use Devotions for the Faithful). You can also use scrolls of gaze of the adragan in a pinch (but petrification is better). you can petrification early on to buy you some breathing room, and/or you can cast when the boss is at near death and permanently paralyze them. If Xoti or your paladin has soulbound marux amanth you can also just instakill when boss is at near-death, saves you 25% of the fight.

make sure you are using the right weapons and paying attention to PEN and AR if you're not doing significant damage. Mace modal or Eder with Sundering Blow can go a long way.

it also might help to have you or eder just tanking the big guy while everyone else works on whatever adds crop up (this is the fight where the ?? teleporting beasts appear right?)

Edited by thelee

What do the arcane conduits and bile ducts do on him? I tried killing them at first, didn't seem to do anything so I just burned the boss. But I wonder if there was a better strategy there.

Yah, I have no idea on this and haven't seen it written up anywhere at all.  I assume they do *something* but no idea.

What do the arcane conduits and bile ducts do on him? I tried killing them at first, didn't seem to do anything so I just burned the boss. But I wonder if there was a better strategy there.

Yah, I have no idea on this and haven't seen it written up anywhere at all.  I assume they do *something* but no idea.

I feel like I attacked one and destroyed it and something bad happened. I don't remember, but all I know is that I stopped and just focused my attention on adds and the boss.

Well, a slog zone gets created. This could be an issue but by this point most of your team has access to some kind of teleport ability via class or boots. The boss also tends to periodically get stunned, which can be handy but is not mandatory considering you could just DPS the boss the entire time.

Only way to make it worth is to take out things before starting the fight yourself, usually by abusing something with big damage and range, but slow-ish projectile speed, while luring the oracle elsewhere on the map. There's enough space that you can do so and safely re-enter stealth before combat can be initiated. Of course, me being me, I used a single class Barbarian's Leap and Instrument of Boundless Rage and that was that.

Edited by UltimaLuminaire

The bile duct I assume is our friends since it was listed green instead of red, although it is more of a hindrance really. At first i thought if all of them destroyed I would game over. It does create slog zone when destroyed. The conduit seems to me allowing the Oracle to use its beam power, assuming 4 tentacle eyes and 4 conduits. 

I did this DLC on turn based mode, and some enemies still have 1-2 skulls on them, so I supposed I was in the right level or at least close enough. The Oracle was a weird fight for me, I  mean assuming most of you did it in RTwP mode, including OP.

First thing I did was destroying the Conduits (For some reason I just thought I have to do it first) And yes The oracle still attacked me with beam which is weird enough tankable by my Cipher MC and Eder.

Killing or destroying the Conduits seemed to make the Oracle lost control here and now. After the first 2 turn of Beam attack from it, and after I destroy all 4 conduits, it has this Lost control debuff every few turn, where it simply didnt act. And no more beam attack from 3rd round onward. 

After that I just smack it with Aloth ray spells and tank it with Eder.

I had more difficulty with the adds more, especially the Skul that hit so damn hard and the Mages with crazy Aoe and Ray spells. So what i did is tank the Skuldr with offtank and melee the hell out of the Mages as soon as they spawn. 

The rest of the fight was really just smacking the Oracle to death and with dagger that has Sacrifice skill, the one Mxnur or something (the soulbinded one), I just killed it as soon it reached Near Death. 

• Like 1