Monk's significant exploit using Blade Turning skill.

Hello. I'm currently doing a play-through with a Monk on Turn-Based mode, and I came across a powerful exploit via the Blade Turning skill.

If you use Blade Turning on your turn, you still have the buff active on your next upcoming turn until that turn ends. This allows you to abuse the Engagement mechanic by moving into an enemy's Engagement range, and then simply moving out of range, provoking a Disengagement Attack which is then reflected back at the enemy via Blade Turning. You can do this multiple times per turn until you run out of Movement. This is usable on any enemy that triggers Engagement.

A simple fix would be to have the Blade Turning buff wear-off immediately on your next turn. 

Here's a short video demonstrating how powerful it can be.

• Like 2

It's the general interaction of 1 turn duration – get's applied at turn 1, wears off at end of turn 2. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

And, even if it'd wear off at the start of turn 2, what would stop one from doing the disengagement trick on turn 1 (with the "end turn after action" option disabled)?

And that trick is doable in RTwP, no?

Hey, you wanna hear a good joke?

Nobody speak, nobody get choked

It's the general interaction of 1 turn duration – get's applied at turn 1, wears off at end of turn 2. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

And, even if it'd wear off at the start of turn 2, what would stop one from doing the disengagement trick on turn 1 (with the "end turn after action" option disabled)?

And that trick is doable in RTwP, no?

I completely forgot about the option to not end the turn after an action. I suppose they could make it so Blade Turning doesn't reflect Disengagement Attacks. Tricky situation.

Edited by SykotikMetraton

Maybe instead of turning it off against disengagement attack completely, something like a limit of one reflect each enemy? That shouldnt be hard i guess, since the system definitely have a counter of enemy's type in each encounter right. This alone shld make turning blade still works against it but cant be used on same enemies twice. A bit of a nerve but it shld work.

Hey everyone!

Thank you for the heads-up on Blade Turning!  I put a report in with the information and link provided and sent it to the Systems Design team to investigate.  Feel free to continue adding input about this ability as I have linked this thread to the report to be used as a reference for the team.

Thanks again!