Suppress Affliction doesn't remove Charmed

Woopee

Question

Hi, just watched my main character beat down everyone else after being charmed by a Dank Spore in the Oathkeeper's Sanctum. I suppressed it, but he stayed charmed so in effect Suppress Affliction actually extended the charm duration because it wasn't ticking down while suppressed. Surely this cannot be the intended behavior.

6 answers to this question

Are you referring to the priest's rank 1 spell?

It is an AoE that targets only friendly targets. And a charmed ally is considered hostile.

P.S. If the charm duration got effectively longer - it's definitely a bug though.

Edited by MaxQuest

Are you referring to the priest's rank 1 spell?

It is an AoE that targets only friendly targets. And a charmed ally is considered hostile.

P.S. If the charm duration got effectively longer - it's definitely a bug though.

The charm was shown as suppressed and not ticking down but still active. Should've recorded it or something. I'll try to recreate it.

How does Suppress Afliction works in RTwP? Afaik in my playthrough of TB, what it does is simply 'freeze' the time, a.k.a your target shld not get the affliction for the duration of the skill, but then after Supress done, it will apply again. So basically more like a delay rather than a dispel. 

Isnt that how it supposed to work? 

Turn based? Because afaik this only happens in TB mode.

Nope, this was in RTwP. 

How does Suppress Afliction works in RTwP? Afaik in my playthrough of TB, what it does is simply 'freeze' the time, a.k.a your target shld not get the affliction for the duration of the skill, but then after Supress done, it will apply again. So basically more like a delay rather than a dispel. 

Isnt that how it supposed to work? 

Yes, it is supposed to work like that but it isn't actually suppressing the afflictions. The character stays Charmed (or Paralyzed I guess) for Suppress Affliction's duration then the affliction itself starts ticking down again.