Patch Notes for 4.1.2.0047

Hello Watchers!

This patch will go live on Steam, GOG, MacPlay, and Origin OSX at 10:00 am PDT! Origin Windows was slightly delayed, and we hope to have it up soon!

Patch notes for v4.1.2.0047

Resolved Issues

• The Combat Start is no longer visible before starting combat in certain situations.
  • Terrified party members who cannot move will now pass their turn correctly.
  • Casts interrupted by "Mage Slayer" are now correctly removed from the turn queue in turn-based mode.
  • In deck-to-deck combat, loot can no longer be lost if there is too much.
  • Characters are now able to jump between ships' decks during combats in turn-based mode.
  • Characters automatically finish reloading when their turn starts.
  • The combat speed slider will now update correctly when using the hotkeys to change it.
  • The Combat Start autopause event will now trigger properly when combat starts with a cutscene (e.g. deck-to-deck combat).
  • Vela's level now matches the player's level in Hylea's Challenge, granting her bonus defenses.
  • Summoned creatures are now set to the caster's level.
  • Turn order UI will not appear in trap-triggered combat with no enemies.
  • Characters will no longer get stuck in their walk speed after leaving a cutscene.
  • Characters are no longer walking after leaving a Slog Zone.
  • In turn-based mode, Berath's Challenge kills unconscious characters after they have been unconscious for 3 consecutive rounds rather than 3 total rounds.
  • Character's Initiative no longer displays in the Inventory while playing in Real-Time with Pause mode.
    • The Oculus will now turn off after both conduits are destroyed in turn-based mode.
    • The player can now return the quest to Tayn after completing The Forgotten Sanctum DLC.
    • The Animancer's Folly and Gul Trouble endurance challenges will no longer get stuck between waves in turn-based mode.

Balance Changes

• Light, one-handed weapon's damage has been slightly increased in turn-based mode.
  • In turn-based mode, dexterity now adds 4% to Stride per point.
  • In turn-based mode, characters receive -10 Deflection while Knocked Down.

• Like 19

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

Yes, what about AoE weapons? This is pretty big and I wonder why this isn't a top priority.

Same as Essence Interrupter.

Good that the summon scaling is fixed though.

Also no fix for the messed-up walking speeds?

I mean turn based is nice and all and I get that it should get out of beta soon - but is that more important than fixing stuff of the non-beta part of the game?

You know - the part that shouldn't have many bugs because it's not beta? ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 8

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

yay, summons fixed! I can roll my bellower now

Yes, what about AoE weapons? This is pretty big and I wonder why this isn't a top priority.

i have a sneaking suspicion that this is actually an intended nerf (e.g. the designers never intended for this aoe weapon interaction, and they took wayyyy too long to address it, letting people getting used to it) and the reason why no one official appears to be commenting on it is to try to sidestep the player rage at having such a big and late-in-the-cycle power-level cut.

yay, summons fixed! I can roll my bellower now

i have a sneaking suspicion that this is actually an intended nerf (e.g. the designers never intended for this aoe weapon interaction, and they took wayyyy too long to address it, letting people getting used to it) and the reason why no one official appears to be commenting on it is to try to sidestep the player rage at having such a big and late-in-the-cycle power-level cut.

I don't know. Because we had the same situation a few patches ago where rogue abilites suddenly didn't work with AoE weapons anymore. And that got fixed pretty quickly.

Also I got this response from QA:

Our Dev's are aware of this issue and are in the process of having this issue remedied ASAP.

Doesn't sound intended. But maybe they changed their minds... Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Is this actually on steam yet? Not seeing it for some reason, oddly.

yeah I got it within the past hour on steam

Aha, looks like they fixed the loot bug from deck fights. Time to clear the seas!

It's not 100% clear to me whether that deck-to-deck extra loot fix also applies to unique weapons not dropping such as Kapana Taga and Akola's Apex Ward.  I hope it does!

Edited by pmchem

Our Dev's are aware of this issue and are in the process of having this issue remedied ASAP.

Doesn't sound intended. But maybe they changed their minds...

if current weapon aoe behavior is the new normal, am hoping obsidian announces so we might get started on our journey towards acceptance.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 4

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Balance Changes

• Light, one-handed weapon's damage has been slightly increased in turn-based mode.

What qualifies as a light weapon?

Pfff... Maces, Sabres, Swords, Hammers of course. It obvious.

!! --> fix for AoE afflictions ? <-- !!

: p

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/108136-bug-41-aoe-weapons-no-longer-apply-afflictions-in-an-area/

:dancing:   :banghead:

adragojlovic

Posted 29 January 2019 - 01:42 AM

QA Tester

photo-thumb-207049.png?_r=1526145099

Developers

828 posts

Greetings Boeroer,

In the meantime should you have any additional questions or concerns let us know!

Cheers. 

Edited by theBalthazar
  • Like 1

Also no fix for the messed-up walking speeds?

They said that this patch should fix this problem...

"Hello everyone!

Sorry for that speed issue.  This should be fixed as of the v4.1.2 patch released earlier today.  Please let me know if the issue persists afterwards."

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/108575-weird-party-non-combat-speed-bug/?do=findComment&comment=2141431