For my first play through in turn based I wanted to focus on bleeds/raw dots. Probably play on vet with deadly deadfire. Not sure how the duration works for bleeds in TB, do they just hit harder in less turns? How does INT work for duration, is there a certain threshold I would want to meet in TB? Does dot damage stack, or just refresh timer?

After quickly checking the unique weapons list, I think the raw dot weapons are looking like;

Oathbreakers End (2h axe, dot on crit)

Lovers Embrace (dagger, dot on sneak)

Effort (2h sword, dot on hit)

Wicked Beast (pike, dot on crit)

Stalkers Patience (spear, dot on hit)

Mohora Tanga (spear, dot on crit)

Rusts Poignard (stilleto, dot on hit)

I'm not sure if I missed any that are upgraded on the weapon. Any unique axe will probably work also, since there's no reason to not use the dot modal, especially in TB. 

In regards to classes, I'm pretty much open to anything. Curious about a few things tho;

How good is whirling strikes? Worth it to single class?

Does brand enemy scale with might? Or is it a fixed damage?

Edited by astrolulz

Rogue has some great bleed abilities – gouging strike lasts until the afflicted enemy dies, which is great for long fights. You can also apply it in an AoE with mortars or rods (currently bugged and being worked on). Toxic strike is also quite good, as is arterial strike for ranged or melee characters that are able to push enemies or otherwise force them to move.

Look into an Ancient Druid. Gets bonuses to Plant and Beast spells, which their DoT spells are based around. Add in the unique staff, The Spine of the Thicket Green (with the upgrade to +3 PL to both Plant and Beast spells), and your dots just destroy groups. If you have a decent INT, the AoE radius is quite large and the duration is increased. Add a decent Might to up the damage.

The class also works as a decent healer if you choose the rejuvenation spells. Going single class allows for greater choice of you DoTs and heal spells. Makes for a potent character. I ran this through Veteren, all up-scaled and it was 2nd in overall damage behind my Amra Barbarian/Assassin Magekiller, while still being the main healer of my group.

Quick edit to add that the DoTs are raw damage, so fairly good against pretty much anything not poison/disease immune.

Edited by Sheyde

Look into an Ancient Druid. Gets bonuses to Plant and Beast spells, which their DoT spells are based around. Add in the unique staff, The Spine of the Thicket Green (with the upgrade to +3 PL to both Plant and Beast spells), and your dots just destroy groups. If you have a decent INT, the AoE radius is quite large and the duration is increased. Add a decent Might to up the damage.

The class also works as a decent healer if you choose the rejuvenation spells. Going single class allows for greater choice of you DoTs and heal spells. Makes for a potent character. I ran this through Veteren, all up-scaled and it was 2nd in overall damage behind my Amra Barbarian/Assassin Magekiller, while still being the main healer of my group.

Quick edit to add that the DoTs are raw damage, so fairly good against pretty much anything not poison/disease immune.

I'm seconding this. Also choose Boar as your spiritshift form because it applies a raw DoT with every auto attack.

Furthermore, Garden of Life is a Plant keyword spell and is, in my experience, the most powerful healing spell there is (though it is contingent on dead bodies being around - turn of gibs in the options menu). I can't explain why it's so good because I don't really understand the tooltip description, but basically you cast that on a bunch of corpses and it'll pour heals for what feels like hours. A great tangential utility to have for your build.

Make sure you go heavy on Intellect and Might. Single class is great for the extra power levels and getting your spells quicker, but all the important Druid DoT spells are under PL 7 so you can multiclass too (PL8 and 9 have very good non-DoT spells).

Disclaimer: I've never played turn based so I don't know how it interacts with any of this.

Edited by Jayd

I agree. It's a slower approach than hitteing evertything directly but very reliable and very resource-friendly. You get good DoTs and also good HoTs (Healings over Time). Best played as Nature Godlike. :)

In my opinion Pollen Patch is the best healing spell there is. But you have to move a round a lot to make it really good. Garden of Life is also nice, but the limitation on corpses can be a bit tricky sometimes. Like when you need healing but nobody's dead yet. ;)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Does brand enemy scale with might? Or is it a fixed damage?

Considering this is the staple damage ability of most my parties (turtling with 3-5 tanks) I feel I should know this, but it's tricky with spells that don't show up in the combat log. At any rate, I think you'll find that how much might you have isn't as important as how much fire armor the target has.

I've grown fond of having a holy slayer burn all their resources on Brand Enemy and Gouging Strike. Arquebus modal. Might be something for you.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!