Nemnok! Nemnok! BMac! BMac!

I desperately need help. It's about Finishing/Devastating Blow ability damage description. The thing is... well, all description is totally wrong and have no relation with actual ability mechanics.

The description itself appears in gui.stringtable:

<Entry>
      <ID>1154</ID>
      <DefaultText>{0} Damage by percentage of target's Health lost

Finishing Blow: +50% Damage by percentage of target's Health lost

Devastating Blow: +200% Damage by percentage of target's Health lost

Well, i had looked into abilities.gamedatabundle for actual damage values

Finishing Blow:

{
                    "$type": "Game.GameData.FinishingBlowAbilityComponent, Assembly-CSharp",
                    "BaseDamageMultiplier": 1.5,
                    "TargetHealthRatio": 0.5,
                    "BonusDamageMultiplierPerPercent": 0.03
                },

Devastating Blow:

{
                    "$type": "Game.GameData.FinishingBlowAbilityComponent, Assembly-CSharp",
                    "BaseDamageMultiplier": 1.5,
                    "TargetHealthRatio": 0.5,
                    "BonusDamageMultiplierPerPercent": 0.06
                },

So the proper description must be a: "+1/4% for each target's Health persent below 50%"

But game math counts all in different manner - it counts all potential damage, which could be dealt at 0% target's Health (which is never gonna happen):

0.03*50 = 1,5 multiplier, which converted into +50% for Finishing Blow

0.06*50 = 3 multiplier, which converted into +200% for Devastating Blow

I can manually set correct value in 1154 (+1%) and i wanted to create a new string for +4% description, but i didn't find where a can override used 1154 String.

Can you give me a tip? I RE-E-EALLY want to fix this.

Or, well... maybe you could make a correction in future patch. If not, please help me. ;(

Long life for Nemnock BMac!

Edited by Phenomenum

Should override fine in a mod

Edited by peardox

OK Fair warning has been applied

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

Please note that this process is messy so may take a few weeks 

Unfortunately that ability is using some special code and it doesn't look like there is a way to override the strings from game data.  You're right that this string is not very helpful - I will put in a report.

You could potentially add a new status effect to the abilities that has no effect but just has an override string clarifying the effects.  It would have to be in addition to the existing strings, though.

• Like 1

Unfortunately that ability is using some special code and it doesn't look like there is a way to override the strings from game data.  You're right that this string is not very helpful - I will put in a report.

You could potentially add a new status effect to the abilities that has no effect but just has an override string clarifying the effects.  It would have to be in addition to the existing strings, though.

Hmm... "StatusEffectType": "None"? And i could simply try to delete whole 1154 String. Ok, that's a start! Thank you very much. I'll try and see how it works.

"You're right that this string is not very helpful - I will put in a report." - Yes, it would be better if you can fix this, guys. Becose even if i successfully correct it somehow, it's still be just a mod.

Edited by Phenomenum