Talkin' Hardball

Guard Dog

The SK Wyvrens of the KBO (South Korea) did a virtual reality intro to their opening game. If you watched on TV or had the app in the park you saw this:

https://youtu.be/T5O3vijPGUw 

If someone had stood up and shouted FUS RO DAH I swear to God I'd have bought them a cold OB on the spot!

:lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

My infallible predictions.

AL EAST

Boston

New York

Tamba Bay

Toronto

Baltimore

AL Central

Cleveland

Minnesota

Kansas City

Detroit

Chicago

AL West

Houston

Oakland

Anaheim

Seattle

Texas

NL East

Washington

Philadelphia

New York

Atlanta

Florida

NL Central

Chicago

Milwaukee

St. Louis

Cincinnati

Pittsburgh

NL West

Los Angeles

Colorado

San Diego

Arizona

San Francisco

AL MVP: Mike Trout

NL MVP: Bryce Harper

AL RoY: Yusei Kikuchi

NL RoY:  Chris Paddack

Dodgers over the Red Sox.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Working from home today! 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The Al East is going to be crazy again. The Yankees have one of the best teams in the majors on paper, the Rays look really good, and, oh by the way, the Sawx are bringing back nearly the exact same team that just won it all and is arguably one of the greatest teams ever. We could be looking at 3 90+ win teams.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The Al East is going to be crazy again. The Yankees have one of the best teams in the majors on paper, the Rays look really good, and, oh by the way, the Sawx are bringing back nearly the exact same team that just won it all and is arguably one of the greatest teams ever. We could be looking at 3 90+ win teams.

The sox have a much weaker bullpen than last year. If they have a weakness, that's it. 

Thomas Sowell

The Sawx bullpen was already their weakness last year. It didn't stop them winning 108 games and rampaging through the playoffs. But yes, if anything is going to stop the Sawx this year, it will be the pen or injuries.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

NL West

Los Angeles

Colorado

San Diego

Arizona

San Francisco

AL MVP: Mike Trout

NL MVP: Bryce Harper

AL RoY: Yusei Kikuchi

NL RoY:  Chris Paddack

Dodgers over the Red Sox.

Eh, Bochy will find a way to keep the Giants in 3rd or 4th in the division. Arizona/Colorado/San Diego will find a way to underperform. Also Dodgers blew two WS chances, so I don't think 3rd time is a charm. 

I think Houston wins it, if I had to bet. No championship hangover this year. In the West I'd probably pick the Cubs to make the Series. Philly might make noise, but they probably need another year to blossom.

This is awesome. Volo would love this channel. The perfect blend of sarcasm and acid wit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOmhrGGsVb0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MK20NUVkqw

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

If I had told you the Yankees would lose to the Orioles at home two games to one would you have believed me? Or that the M's would take three of four from the Red Sox? The Marlins would split four game with the Rockies and look pretty good doing it? Or the Rays taking three of four from the Astros? OK, that one wasn't such a big surprise. 

In other news Yelich is on fire and Brinson is hitting .143 with two errors in four games. Man the Marlins got f----d on that trade. Hard. No lube.

Thomas Sowell

If I had told you the Yankees would lose to the Orioles at home two games to one would you have believed me? Or that the M's would take three of four from the Red Sox? The Marlins would split four game with the Rockies and look pretty good doing it? Or the Rays taking three of four from the Astros? OK, that one wasn't such a big surprise.

To be honest, none of that surprises me that much. The season just started. There are going to be outliers during a 162 game season. Quite a few of them, actually, especially early on.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Thomas Sowell

Breaking News:
The Houston Astros are in trade negotiations with the Miami Marlins for Wei-Yin Chen. They are offering international cash in the amount of $1.37, an open bag of reduced fat, cool ranch Doritos from a school cafeteria, and two used condoms with the purported DNA of Nolan Ryan to be used for cloning.

The Marlins would be crazy to turn that deal down!

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Joey Votto is done. For the first time in his career, he popped out to first base on his 6,828th PA. He ought to retire.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

Thomas Sowell

Standings don't mean anything at this point in the season anyway. I don't pay any attention to them until after the All Star break. I mean, if you're 5 games up with 140 to play, you have a magic number of, what, 136?

michael-keaton-dismissive-wank.gif

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

5/29 I'm taking my best friend Sunny to a ballgame. I just bought our tickets. RedBirds vs San Antonio Missions. It's Woof Wednesday!

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

Vlad Jr. getting the call up Friday. He projects to be a monster like his dad.

• 2 weeks later...

Yasil Puig is pretty cool: https://www.mlb.com/cut4/yasiel-puig-met-a-fan-before-surgery

In other news how about them Rays?!

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

The Reds have released Matt Kemp. Rumor has it Don Mattingly wants him in Miami. 34 years old, overpriced, often injured, AND a .200 BA and sub .500 OPS? Sounds like a Marlin already! From what I'm reading he is overly optimistic about his options. It's sad when the good ones are the last to know they are not that good anymore.

Thomas Sowell

On the 9th anniversary of his perfect game Dallas Braden bought a ticket to an A's game and sat in the worst seat in the stadium incognito: https://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/former-major-league-pitcher-dallas-braden-watches-the-as-game-from-the-six-thousandth-row-on-the-9th-anniversary-of-his-perfect-game/?fbclid=IwAR3iiENitZE4CXXpZjFZqGlO2IKwD5Bzvwv_WEi0qKPhklXd4ghoKIb9vJA

D6JrRtrUUAAYZlu.jpg

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Thanks 1

Thomas Sowell