Adding items to merchant ships

As a preface, I have no experience modding Pillars.

I've seen the tutorial stuff, but I was hoping someone could help me determine the correct things to look at and I will muddle out the 'how to make' myself, hopefully. If someone wanted to make this mod for me, I certainly wouldn't refuse - I feel like it's probably pretty simple. I'd still like to have an idea of what went into it regardless.

Goal: I want to add an existing item in the game to the Deadfire Merchant store, as well as the lootlist for when they are sunk/killed. Example, adding sugar as an item that is always in the store and loot.

That's an interesting question- in the area maps you'd add items to an inventory using the hook script and use oei-hovered to find the ID, but the world map may be different- for example, changing the zoom range on area maps doesn't change it on the world map.

A good place to start would be the items.gamedatabundle file, which contains all the lootlists- store inventories are a kind of lootlist as well. I'm not sure if merchant ships are in there, but ship battle loot and normal store inventories are, so merchant ships ought to be

• Like 1

I believe the world map merchants all share a single store object which exists on the FreeWorldMap scene: Store_RE_Generic_Merchant (e5ba7105-c251-4191-bc2b-9a7d7f8a3c32).  You should be able to use a script hook to modify that inventory like any other.

Generally the world map functions like any other scene and the objects in it like those in other scenes, though there are certain aspects that work differently as house2fly observed.

• Like 2

I believe the world map merchants all share a single store object which exists on the FreeWorldMap scene: Store_RE_Generic_Merchant (e5ba7105-c251-4191-bc2b-9a7d7f8a3c32).  You should be able to use a script hook to modify that inventory like any other.

Generally the world map functions like any other scene and the objects in it like those in other scenes, though there are certain aspects that work differently as house2fly observed.

I've been crackin away at it, I managed to get a working mod adding it to the Port Maje Fishmonger, but it wasn't working for the Deadfire Merchants. The ID that you've pasted here is different than the one I identified and was trying to use, so that may have been the problem.. going to give that a look. THANK YOU.

Well, as I mentioned I had a different number come up for the Generic Merchant (I could have been using the wrong one), but I've tried the ID you posted and it doesn't work either. Works fine when set to a merchant like the fishmonger in Port Maje though. :/

I got it working, at least for my basic goal. Sugar appears as an inventory item on the Deadfire Merchants. It doesn't appear to load as loot when one is sunk, but I've only tested with a small sample size.

The number you provided, BMac, was the one that worked. I was pulling the ID from the wrong place. Thanks!

• Like 1

I've created a working mod that meets the goals I set out to meet. Granted it's nothing fancy, but fills a hole that always annoyed me (and I suspect others). Just wanted to follow up and thank BMac and house2fly for their advice!  

Deadfire Sugar Trade (nexus page)

The mod adds sugar to the Deadfire Merchant ships on the world map. It is available as an item for purchase in the merchant shop, drops as loot when sinking a merchant ship, or when boarding and killing the captain of a merchant ship.

Edited by Bobombnik
  • Like 1