Sign in to follow this  
SonicMage117

Who will buy Day 1 or Pre-Purchase?

Posted (edited)

I don't want to buy on Microsoft (or console) because when it comes on Steam, I'd probably end up double-dipping - IF there's much of a mod scene, or simply because it looks/performs better. My impression is that games bought from MS are harder to mod or something - the way they do their installs is weird, I'm not clear on that but whatever. Now, if there isn't much of a modding thing for Outer Worlds, I probably wouldn't care toooo much. But I don't know what's going to happen, see.

I thought FFXV wasn't coming to PC for maybe a few or several years so I got wrapped up in buying PS4's, then it came out on PC/Steam 1.5 years later. Haven't touched the PS4 version since. While I don't really regret buying the PS4's, I'm not making that mistake again.

But no, I don't blame Obsidian per se. Nor am I angry about it. It's just business and business plans/patterns changes all the time. I don't have to agree or play along with the way business is, however.

Edited by LadyCrimson

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yeah, I'll buy it on release (only) because I want/need to support games I really want to play, in order to be able to play other games I want to play in the future, and TOW looks like one of them. 

Won't support early access BS, burnt a few times, now much too shy...

I'll buy it on release.  I've never (nor will ever) pre-order games though.

Okay, maybe that's not quite true since I did the whole Kickstarter donation thing for PoE.  But that's not quite the same thing.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm considering it, never one for FPS but it looks pretty darn good, plus am game to support Obsidian :)

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy

Since there is no steelbook I am going wait until Christmas

43 minutes ago, Starch said:

Since there is no steelbook I am going wait until Christmas

Yeah.  I'm beginning to wonder if the lack of a Collectors Edition or or similar merch might be related to TOW being available on Games Pass. 

It's possible that the decision was made that it's hard to justify creating and distributing a special-er $90 version of TOW when Microsoft is trying to entice players into picking up the monthly subscription and getting it part of the Games Pass library.

As we get closer to the release date I'm considering pre-ordering it. Not through Epic--no way will I reward them for their ****ty exclusives crap--but some other store, perhaps. It looks like such a great game.

What if it comes out on Origin as well but not Steam?

Sounds like a lot of you are Steam fanboys. Not sure why, Steam is a piece of junk.

nowt