Who will buy Day 1 or Pre-Purchase?

I will definitely be buying this Day 1.

Or I may just pee-odor it when it gets a cool collector's edition on console (consoles get all the good stuff!)

Not only to support Obsidian but because I want the next big casual post-apocalyptic rpg. This should satisfy my hankering for a new fps-rpg hehe

Please Obsidian give us some canvas bags with our collectors edition!!!! :dancing:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I will, I love Obsidian's work and while I haven't always loved every story beat of every game, the only Obsidian game I didn't buy was Dungeon Siege 3. I have the money to buy a collectors edition but I will probably just get a version off of Steam. I am really interested in the potential for expansion sized dlcs as well, the hard part will be not playing the game from start to finish 7 or 8 times before the dlcs come out.

I'll be buying the PC version day one as soon as it releases. I'll also planning to get the deluxe edition on Steam, if they give us this option.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

Hate to say it, but I'm in no rush to purchase. Too much prep and hype tends to kill my interest in games anymore. I'd rather catalog what I think I'd like to play, the pick something up on a whim when I have the free time to kill. TOW is at the top of that list, but usually I want to wait for some patches to land regardless. I don't really wait for prices to come down, that's only an added bonus if I don't get around to something for a while.

I will not being buy an Obs game day 1 or year 1 until I see better QA. Have you played Pillars 2? It's still a buggy mess with a new bug introduced recently that messes up BASIC MOVEMENT. I will eventually support them as I do believe they make quality games.

Edited by Verde

I will not being buy an Obs game day 1 or year 1 until I see better QA. Have you played Pillars 2? It's still a buggy mess with a new bug introduced recently that messes up BASIC MOVEMENT. I will eventually support them as I do believe they make quality games.

Is this a turnbased thing?

Nah there was a funny and beneficial bug that allowed chars to move quickly under stealth. I assume this bug was introduced trying to fix it.

I've learned to never pre-order, but would purchase on release day if they are smart and send out press review copies in advance. If release day rolls around and there are no reliable reviews out there, I will wait a week. It'll kill me, but I will wait.

I have a three patch rule, so that'll be a "no" for me... regardless of any price discount. My reasoning: there's a time cost for dealing with major bugs, which significantly increases the effective price of a game. Still, I'm definitely interested once it reaches the îlot de stabilité.

Edited by rjshae
  • Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Not me. All I know about it so far is that it has not-so-funny campy dialogue and looks like a generic shooter designed to compete with fallout for the purpose of competing with fallout (but don't be mean and talk bad about bethesda!)

And it's obsidian, so will definitely be buggy. Not a strong sell so far, and they aren't exactly making an effort to share info about the game despite announcing it in opposition to 76 (and to distract from the MS acquisition)

If they want to sell this one, they need to start giving reasons to buy it.

Edited by Voss

Not me. All I know about it so far is that it has not-so-funny campy dialogue and looks like a generic shooter designed to compete with fallout for the purpose of competing with fallout (but don't be mean and talk bad about bethesda!)

And it's obsidian, so will definitely be buggy. Not a strong sell so far, and they aren't exactly making an effort to share info about the game despite announcing it in opposition to 76 (and to distract from the MS acquisition)

If they want to sell this one, they need to start giving reasons to buy it.

Hmm, well humour is subjective so if you don't find it funny you don't find it funny I guess, but I don't really see how you could get 'campy' from what we've seen so far TBH. Looking like a generic shooter is kind of a weird thing to take from this; they've given enough information about things like dialogue and reactivity and the various science weapons that I think you'd have to be going out of your way to hate on them to call it a 'generic shooter'. I'm not sure where you got 'designed to compete with Fallout for the purpose of competing with Fallout' from. The setting is pretty different. (not post apocalyptic, not even set on Earth) And especially the 'for the purpose of competing with Fallout' part, they definitely haven't revealed any such purpose so my guess would be you've made that up yourself.

Obsidian may have gotten a reputation for buggy games because they had 3 games ten years or so ago which were buggy on release due to being pushed out the door too fast, but they've been much more stable more recently once they developed their own in house QA tools rather than let that fall to publishers. That being said, it is true that they generally develop relatively complex games, and when there's that many moving parts there are bound to be things that don't work, so it will probably have bugs, although not for the reason you state. It's also weird that you suggest they're 'not exactly making an effort to share info about the game' given the fact Game Informer has released something like an article every week giving more information on the game. Not sure what you mean about 'announcing it in opposition to 76 and to distract from the MS acquisition', it's been in development for like 2 years and is coming out this year, so this is about the right time to announce it.

I'm not sure why I bothered making all that effort to respond because you're obviously just intent on hating on the game and ascribing motivation to Obsidian that isn't there, but hey, you do you.

giphy.gif

Edited by Chairchucker

Physical Collector Edition for me ! For sure !

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★