Priest Spell Hand of Weal and Woe

For turn-based mode I quickly noticed that ray spells got a huge damage boost to account for them no longer getting damage ticks in real time.  The description for the priest spell Hand of Weal and Woe includes this, describing damage potential in the hundreds (139 to 270 on my level 18 Xoti), but in use I've never seen it hit for more than 40 or so damage.  Bug?  Or am I missing something?

I'm having trouble with screenshots, but I just loaded a game to check this.  I'm currently in the Beast of Winter section of the game, fighting Shambling souls.  Xoti grazed one with this spell for 6 damage.  Checking the full damage calculation, I see that the initial roll was 18.4, reduced by 50% for a graze, increased a bit by might and items, then reduced another 50% for Veil touched.  

Getting a damage roll of 18.4 on an ability where the minimum is supposed to be 124 feels like there's something wrong to me.

Hey JD,

Thank you for reporting this to us!  Would you be able to send us a copy of your save where this is occurring so we have the same party make up as you?  If needed, you can find instructions on how to obtain your save files here.  If you could send that to me at support@obsidian.net along with a link to this thread as a reference, that would be amazing!

Thanks again for reporting the issues to us!

• 9 months later...

Hello!

I think the problem is that in the normal mod, the spell apply X damage per second for 10 second, and in turn based, it applies X damage once for the round, and that's it.

Also, I noticed that there is an incoherence between the full description of the spell and the one that appears with a mouse-over.

Any chance that might be fixed?

I'll send save and copy of the screenshot to the support as well.

Capture d’écran (6).jpg