Arcanum REMASTERED?

Draxicus

Microsoft is not interested in story driven, quality and strong IP. Microsoft is more into cheep, substandard, low quality and online games like Sea of thieves, state of decay and Crackdown which they can sell for $10.00 per month on game pass. 

Microsoft is not interested in story driven, quality and strong IP. Microsoft is more into cheep, substandard, low quality and online games like Sea of thieves, state of decay and Crackdown which they can sell for $10.00 per month on game pass.

They just bought Obsidian. They didn't buy them to make something like you describe, because that's not what they've ever historically done.

• Like 1

Arcanum was a few cool ideas kludged together into a bad game. 

(But with good music.)

If you really want an Arcanum game, best to hope for a different title in the same setting, with better character writing and an at-least-minimal level of systems design competence.

• Like 1

Ffs, you named 3 lower budget online games out of Microsoft's full catalogue which mainly consists of high quality games. That proves that not only what you said is only just a half truth but also generically trying to make Microsoft seem like the "evil corporation".

I have no doubt that Obsidian will have almost the same exact freedons for creative concepts and ideas as they did when they were indie. Do you really think Microsoft is going to use them by forcing them to do something they wouldn't be good at or shell out a high budget to get something sub-par? I'd like an example of Microsoft doing this in years and how it stacks up against the margins.

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Ffs, you named 3 lower budget online games out of Microsoft's full catalogue which mainly consists of high quality games. That proves that not only what you said is only just a half truth but also generically trying to make Microsoft seem like the "evil corporation".

I have no doubt that Obsidian will have almost the same exact freedons for creative concepts and ideas as they did when they were indie. Do you really think Microsoft is going to use them by forcing them to do something they wouldn't be good at or shell out a high budget to get something sub-par? I'd like an example of Microsoft doing this in years and how it stacks up against the margins.

My friend Rare was established in 1985 and have decades of experience in making Video games, bought by Microsoft in 2008.

Please let me know the name of a single game after 2008 made by rare can be called as true AAA title, or story driven single player game or any game which can be mentioned as iconic.

Microsoft could even take care of Lionhead after the quieting of Lair King and unable to produce a single Fable game for this generation is another example.

As I have already mentioned that MS isn't interested in a high quality game they want cheap and mediocre game to lunch on game pass.

I also thought that Obsidian might make games like The Elder Scroll after the merger with MS and I hope it should be but cancelling Scalebound and prioritizing Let Down 3 doesn't support my previous claim.  

I dunno how we define AAA titles, but Kinect Sports has sold over 3 million units, and gotten p. decent reviews. Their reboot of Killer Instinct was relatively well received too. And they're currently working on Battletoads.

The guys they bought who made the Forza games apparently keep churning out Forza games that people like.

I dunno kinda feels like you're just determined to expect the worst, and I guess that way you're less likely to be disappointed so good thinking I suppose.

My friend Rare was established in 1985 and have decades of experience in making Video games, bought by Microsoft in 2008.

Microsoft bought Rare in Sept 2002.  As I understand it, Grabbed by the Ghoulies from 2003 is considered to be the first game under the Microsoft era (as I think their other 2003 games were funded by Nintendo and THQ).

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man