Any Food/Water/Sleep need system in TOW?

They have confirmed in the GameInformer podcast that Hunger/Thirst/Sleep meters will be present at the highest difficulty level.

I'm cool with that. That way it's optional. As long as it's optional, not mandatory, I'm fine with survival game elements being there.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I REALLY enjoyed the Canteen system in Wastleand 2 for whatever the reason which I know is a different team and all.... but for osme reason

I definitely think it goe er does give a strong sense of realness and stuff to the character... it's very interesting game wise also to plan around it.... so 

I'm going to have to counter the posts in this thread and agree with the developers I guess since they are at least putting it in the game. 

I thought these type systems were implemented to prevent players from uncontrollably ruining the game for themselves by resting too much. Why restrict that to the highest difficulty all of a sudden?

If people are 'resting too much', the problem isn't their ability to rest unhindered, the problem is a game system that requires them to rest to get spells or health back.

Outerworld doesn't look like a survival game at all. I'd compare it to Mass Effect if anything. That also didn't have a sleep/food option and no one requested it either. People are only requesting it because Fallout 3 had it. Perhaps we should just wait for the game to be released and then play it to see what we want in it rather than mindlessly requesting gimmicks from other games to be present in this one.

Neither did PoE1, PoE2, or Tyranny but all those games enforced a variable Camping Supply limit based on the difficulty level. Now thats been entirely removed except for the highest levels (or perhaps a toggle)? How will everyone playing below that level control themselves? Maybe auto-regen at lower levels?

I have no doubt modders will inevitably do things to tweak the system to make as stress free, or as stressful as possible for the individual player. It wasn't much of an issue with me in Hardcore mode in New Vegas vanilla but if you had a mod ( I think it was Sawyer's but I'm forgetting.) you could sometimes need to eat three times a day to not keel over.

I'm sure Obsidian will put some effort into not making us suffer too much.

Yes! We have no bananas.

I *strongly* dislike systems like this, and if it does exist I hope that it is *optional*.

Pretty sure you know it's already optional since it was stated a few posts up.  It's obvious that you're trolling.

Yes, because it's *IMPOSSIBLE* for somebody to miss a post and the *ONLY* option is for somebody whose been here for years with several thousand posts to be trolling for giggles. :getlost:

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, I could care less about survival mechanics in the Outer Worlds.

However, I would like to have to continue restocking the ship's supplies as a way to keep the player invested in constantly seeking out work/loot.

"Too much of the animal disfigures the civilized human being, too much culture makes a sick animal."