Is there going to be a trait system?

Traits are great because it personalizes and enhances experience for each player. So is there going to be a trait system like New Vegas had? For example the Four Eyes trait or the Wild Wasteland trait? Or even deeper than those example and add traits that NPCs will comment on? It could be great

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think it's going to be traits so much as perks and flaws. For every flaw you receive, you get to pick a new perk, so I guess that is similar to traits in that sense.

I don't think that's true. I think you could gained up to three flaws but you would be able to pick an extra positive trait to counterbalance the debuff. However, don't quote me on that.

As to OP: we pretty much know nothing about the system OuterWorlds will use. Bits and pieces of it (like attribute system/flaws) has been menitoned during interviews but the devs haven't dived indepth into it just yet. 

I don't think it's going to be traits so much as perks and flaws. For every flaw you receive, you get to pick a new perk, so I guess that is similar to traits in that sense.

I don't think that's true. I think you could gained up to three flaws but you would be able to pick an extra positive trait to counterbalance the debuff. However, don't quote me on that.

As to OP: we pretty much know nothing about the system OuterWorlds will use. Bits and pieces of it (like attribute system/flaws) has been menitoned during interviews but the devs haven't dived indepth into it just yet. 

I will love if you could have an equivalent of the Four Eyes perk in NV and some NPCS react to that.

• Like 1