Many effects not showing up or calculated incorrectly (e.g. capes)

Verde

Question

So I'm gonna need to upload a save but it seems like there are many issues with effects being applied. For example, Light of the Dawnstar doesn't show any benefit from scaling. Some of my cape effects are nowhere to be seen.

Honestly this game is not even in a playable state. On the surface yes, but for number crunches and completionists, there are so many minor errors, it renders equip and builds useless. For example I've specced for Spell Resistance, only 9% from Light of the Dawnstar with no scaling, and no evidence of +20% spells resistance from the Gambion armor and Mirrorback cape. Overall I can't trust that most calcs are being applied correctly or at all.

Am I completely losing it or is Deadfire being devoured by the Beast of Winter into the abyss?

Edited by Verde

2 answers to this question

For example, Light of the Dawnstar doesn't show any benefit from scaling.

only 9% from Light of the Dawnstar with no scaling

light of the dawnstar scales with religion at like 5 +.25% per religion and it rounds. I think I've gotten up to 11% with xoti putting everything into religion (as recently as 4.1.1). it's very slow scaling.

re: mirrorback, if you have console enabled, can you create/equip a Pearlescent Rhomboid Helstone https://pillarsofeternity2.wiki.fextralife.com/Pearlescent+Rhomboid+Helstone and see if it shows up in character screen? That definitely works with spell reflect (I had Eder use it to get enemy mages to kill themselves with minoletta's sigil a few patches ago), so if it doesn't show up in character screen then the fact that Mirrorback doesn't show doesn't mean it doesn't work.

also, not every item shows its effect on the character screen, especially conditional ones. for gambeson, the best way to test would be to just sit there with aloth or a mage spamming missiles at someone equipping the gambeson. that'll give you a quick answer whether or not it works (if you reflect a spell with it, it should attribute the effect to the item itself).

funnily enough, i had a very similar set up to you in my last run (xoti with light of the dawnstar, spell resistance, mirrorback, and then gambeson until i replaced it with weyc). i'd be interested to know if any of that is actually broken.

Edited by thelee

Ok thanks thelee I'll check it out and report back.

The weird thing about Light of the Dawnstar is that it's at 10% but the scaling says "0 Religion x 0.1 scaling" (can't rem exactly) appearing to indicate there is no scaling. But if you say 10% sounds about right then maybe the display is wrong.

Edited by Verde