does arcane reflection work against arcane dampener?

I'm planning on building a blood wiz/priest. I just want to know if Arcane Reflection will be enough against Arcane Dampener. 

*also would Suppress Affliction or mind immunity work against Arcane Dampener?

Edited by giftmefood

Not from my experience as its not a targetted spell and just shuts everything down. Have had my arcane reflection dampened by the wiz with Concelhaut.

how about mind immunity, will that do anything against arcane dampener? 

Not from my experience as its not a targetted spell and just shuts everything down. Have had my arcane reflection dampened by the wiz with Concelhaut.

how about mind immunity, will that do anything against arcane dampener? 

Not sure tbh

all reflection effects only block directly targeted spells. it is their biggest weakness and why reflection effects aren't just straight-up OP in mage fights. (also you can use this fact against enemy mages. concelhaut or other big mage fights ain't so tough when you just dampen away their spell protection/reflection)

all else fails, any untargetability effect will prevent you from being arcane dampened, and this means priest withdraw can work in a pinch (if you're desperate, since it takes you out of combat for a while). if you're a priest of skaen you can also use shadowing beyond.

edit - i believe suppress affliction will work, but it's very temporary since arcane dampener will just come back after a short time because suppress affliction has such a short duration. I seem to remember being able to use liberating exhortation (similar to suppress affliction) on party members who were dampened.

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1

Has someone checked the interaction with Potion of Major Recovery and Clarity of Agony?

It would be quite interesting if they reduced Arcane Dampener duration right before getting suppressed.

You need like 194 will to have it always miss, or you need to stop or interrupt casters. Slicken is great for the latter and writ of sorcery for the former.

I tried doing writ but I can't seem to time it right against the cleansing sigil? It's either I do it too early or too late. Do you know of the exact time I should place it?

Playing as a priest/wiz is such a pain against Auranic. How did you do it against him? 

Arcane Dampener and Arcane Cleanse can be used to temporarily turn off the cleansing sigil (or any of the sigils for that matter) before it hits you.

Can I hit the sigil while it still has the globe of invulnerability up? Because I wanna shut it down before it even opens because once it's open it cleanses me immediately,

Arcane Dampener and Arcane Cleanse can be used to temporarily turn off the cleansing sigil (or any of the sigils for that matter) before it hits you.

Can I hit the sigil while it still has the globe of invulnerability up? Because I wanna shut it down before it even opens because once it's open it cleanses me immediately,

Nope. Only real thing to do is to limit what buffs you rely on until you can DPS down the cleansing sigil.

You need like 194 will to have it always miss, or you need to stop or interrupt casters. Slicken is great for the latter and writ of sorcery for the former.

I tried doing writ but I can't seem to time it right against the cleansing sigil? It's either I do it too early or too late. Do you know of the exact time I should place it?

Playing as a priest/wiz is such a pain against Auranic. How did you do it against him? 

In my testing, Writ of Sorcery showed as being active on the Sigil, after you cast it,  but didn't shut off its casting.  Which I called BS on in my thread about soloing Sigilmaster.  It seems to be the one thing Writ doesn't affect.  Nobody seems to care.  I posted a bug about it.  *shrug*

My Priest/Wiz* only survived the sigil by stacking a lot of regen gear in various slots, and respecing into healing spells incluing HOT ones and the near-death one, and carrying potions/scrolls -- that carried me through destroying the Cleansing Sigil first (while using Arcane Reflection spell).  You can't affect the sigil when it is bubbled, but you can affect it first with a DOT affect (like combusting wounds) that will persist and damage it when sigil has the bubble up again.  Also I believe items powers like Gouging Strike work the same way (if you have a rogue with you) and maybe also Brand Enemy.

*I was stacking no-rest bonuses so I couldn't go back and rest at Konstanten's room like many have suggested, for the undispellable spell reflect chance.

Edited by brasilgringo
  • Like 1