I would like to hear everybody's favorite role-playing custom party.

My favorite was probably my first playthrough with customs. which included

Luke a mountain dwarf drifter veteran of many wars. Unbroken/Shieldbearer.

Una his right hand a Blood thirsty loner wood elf who is an expert hunter. Bleak Walker/Assassin (build from Fextralife)

Kaden the bloodthirsty warrior island amaua out for revenge after his entire family got killed by some principi pirates. Devoted/Berserker

Alde a former slave wild orlan who still believes in Eothas despite what he has done. Eothas/Troubadour

Sullivan a nature godlike human hated and blamed for everything bad by his superstitious human village Evoker/Ascendant

This was mine let me hear yours! Feel free to write as much as you want I will read everything.

Edited by MikeMikeMikeMikeMike

Not a custom party, but I've enjoyed playing a Waelite (single-classed this time) with the companions/sidekicks who pair best thematically:

-  Rekke, as a Brute.  In a certain sense, he's the biggest mystery in the Deadfire.

-  Xoti, single-classed Monk.  Manipulate her into evil mode, because creepy visions are a gift from Wael.

-  Aloth, Spellblade and Grandmaster of the Leaden Key. 

-  Ydwin, Minkstalker.  Scientific inquiry and flexible ethics!

So, are you "mike'd up", Mike?  Sorry, just had to do it with that handle!   :biggrin:

I don't do custom parties in PoE1&2.  I prefer using the Companions and Sidekicks, because so much of the charm of PoE1&2, as well as the old BG1&2, was from the Companion interactions. 

I will say though that if I had a gripe about the PoE1/2 companions it'd be the lack of a good, gruff dwarf companion.  In PoE1, Sagani didn't really exude any sense of being a "dwarf".  And I don't recall Konstantin in PoE2 exuding that either.  Maybe part of it in his case is being the class choice.  I wish he'd been something that felt more "dwarf", like a fighter or a fighter/priest.  Maybe it's just that I like the fantasy dwarf stereotypes, but I do.  And having a dwarf that doesn't feel like a dwarf makes me feel like there isn't a dwarf companion.  Heck, Durance felt more like a dwarf than either of these two.  Crap, the devs could have made him a dwarf, with a dwarven avatar, etc. and I don't think that anyone would have batted an eyelash.

Maybe part of my problem is that I really like the fantasy stereotypes, and it seems like the devs like creating companions/sidekicks that go against the stereotypes, which makes them less enjoyable to me.  But I'm going a bit far afield from your question.

I'm enjoying my current party quite a lot.  My PC is an Aedyran Wood Elf drifter who is a Swashbuckler (Black Jacket fighter and no-subclass rogue).  And my core party is my PC, Sherwyn, Eder (pure fighter), Xoti (priest), and Ydwin (pure cipher).  And the 5th slot I use to run different companions through, depending on what quest I'm working or what enemies I'm going to be facing.  That is, certain quests are "best" done with a particular companion, like each companion's personal quests.  And in other cases, certain companions are better suited to the enemies you know you'll be fighting, such as having Pallegina along to help deal with the vampires, er… I mean, the fampyrs.  I'm to the point where I don't really have a single fall back companion for the 5th slot, though I do prefer to fill the slot with a melee fighter, since I use Xoti and Ydwin as archers, and my PC Swashbuckler I use about evenly in melee and at range.  My Swashy's primary weapons are the sword Modwyr and the double-barreled arquebus.  She's far and away my best damage producer.  And I love to have Ydwin buff her with that 9th level cipher spell that enhances penetration.  All in all, they're a fun core group to play, at least for me.

Not a custom party, but I've enjoyed playing a Waelite (single-classed this time) with the companions/sidekicks who pair best thematically:

-  Rekke, as a Brute.  In a certain sense, he's the biggest mystery in the Deadfire.

-  Xoti, single-classed Monk.  Manipulate her into evil mode, because creepy visions are a gift from Wael.

Interesting party.  So, does your Waelite prefer to shop at Wael-Mart?   :p

• Like 1

So, are you "mike'd up", Mike?  Sorry, just had to do it with that handle!   :biggrin:

I don't do custom parties in PoE1&2.  I prefer using the Companions and Sidekicks, because so much of the charm of PoE1&2, as well as the old BG1&2, was from the Companion interactions. 

I will say though that if I had a gripe about the PoE1/2 companions it'd be the lack of a good, gruff dwarf companion.  In PoE1, Sagani didn't really exude any sense of being a "dwarf".  And I don't recall Konstantin in PoE2 exuding that either.  Maybe part of it in his case is being the class choice.  I wish he'd been something that felt more "dwarf", like a fighter or a fighter/priest.  Maybe it's just that I like the fantasy dwarf stereotypes, but I do.  And having a dwarf that doesn't feel like a dwarf makes me feel like there isn't a dwarf companion.  Heck, Durance felt more like a dwarf than either of these two.  Crap, the devs could have made him a dwarf, with a dwarven avatar, etc. and I don't think that anyone would have batted an eyelash.

Maybe part of my problem is that I really like the fantasy stereotypes, and it seems like the devs like creating companions/sidekicks that go against the stereotypes, which makes them less enjoyable to me.  But I'm going a bit far afield from your question.

I'm enjoying my current party quite a lot.  My PC is an Aedyran Wood Elf drifter who is a Swashbuckler (Black Jacket fighter and no-subclass rogue).  And my core party is my PC, Sherwyn, Eder (pure fighter), Xoti (priest), and Ydwin (pure cipher).  And the 5th slot I use to run different companions through, depending on what quest I'm working or what enemies I'm going to be facing.  That is, certain quests are "best" done with a particular companion, like each companion's personal quests.  And in other cases, certain companions are better suited to the enemies you know you'll be fighting, such as having Pallegina along to help deal with the vampires, er… I mean, the fampyrs.  I'm to the point where I don't really have a single fall back companion for the 5th slot, though I do prefer to fill the slot with a melee fighter, since I use Xoti and Ydwin as archers, and my PC Swashbuckler I use about evenly in melee and at range.  My Swashy's primary weapons are the sword Modwyr and the double-barreled arquebus.  She's far and away my best damage producer.  And I love to have Ydwin buff her with that 9th level cipher spell that enhances penetration.  All in all, they're a fun core group to play, at least for me.

Interesting party.  So, does your Waelite prefer to shop at Wael-Mart?   :p

I like you haha. You should try RPing a full custom party though it really filsl your fantasy (especially after a couple of playthroughs). Fun stuff mate!