Hello folks,

I’d like to ask you some clarification on the multiclassing, I am a newbie and I feel quite confused. I am mostly attracted by the monk and the Paladin, so the idea of making a Votary seems quite appealing.

If I understood correctly, with a multi class character you can only employ abilities up to level VII, right? The problem is, there are some level IX abilities of the monk that I would really like to use.

So my questions are:

1) is it absolutely impossible to have a multi class character with level 8 or 9 abilities (even in one of the two classes) ?

2) Assuming i’ll Make a votary, which sub-class would you suggest?consider that i’d Like to use a pale elf or a moon godlike

Thank you for your help, cheers

Afaik it is impossible to have those last two tier abilities while mutliclassed. Forget about em.

Sub class recomendation based on normal diffuclty, for the paladin pick the subclass that speaks to you ethically. Paladins have cool class design regarding ethical preferences that other classes dont. Also you will be tied to their ethical preferences, atleast in poe1 they were, so pick a ethic that you plan to roleplay.

Monk subclass who cares. Shattered and helwalker are the same. Nazlapca has annyoing drug minigames and forb fist got a buff so maybe try that if it fits your char design.

No Power Level 8 and 9 (without mods).

Subclasses depend on your role. As damage dealer you want Bleak Walker/Helwalker.

As tank you want Goldpact or Shieldbearer/Nalpasca. As offtank/damage/healer you want Kind Wayfarer/Helwalker and so on...

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

No Power Level 8 and 9 (without mods).

Subclasses depend on you role. As damage dealer you want Bleak Walker/Helwalker.

As tank you want Goldpact or Shieldbearer/Nalpasca. As offtank/damage/healer you want Kind Wayfarer/Helwalker and so on...

Thank you guys, both of you!

I am more attracted by Monk’s tier abilities, so I guess i’ll Venture on with it.