barring deaths door and salvation of time question (potd)

I'm trying out priest/blood wiz combo but I can't seem to get enough BDD time through SOT. The timer runs out quicker than I can spam SOT on it when brilliance is active. How do you people maintain the BDD duration? All tips and advice are welcome. 

Edited by giftmefood

I haven't used this combo so maybe I'm just misunderstanding things, but seeing how BDD lasts for 8 seconds, SoT gives +10 seconds and Brilliant gives resource every 6 seconds, how would this not give practically infinite BDD even after the fix?

Edited by Alhoon

I haven't used this combo so maybe I'm just misunderstanding things, but seeing how BDD lasts for 8 seconds, SoT gives +10 seconds and Brilliant gives resource every 6 seconds, how would this not give practically infinite BDD even after the fix?

it does. I used the weyc's robes from FS to grant immortality and infinite resources to almost my entire party (brilliant doesn't apply to the person wearing the robes, alas) -- 4s base duration for brilliance doesn't mean much when you have at least one priest who can cast SoT.

I think the problem OP is talking about is because the OP doesn't actually have brilliance. instead, blood wiz needs "wall of draining" to really make it work, because blood sacrifice can't regenerate priest spells, only wizard spells, so you have to lean on repeat casts of wall of draining to create perpetual BDD on a blood wiz (and for a multiclass that particular combo comes pretty late, at level 19).

(though honestly even with just one SoT and neutral intellect, 18 seconds is enough time to completely restore every single wizard spell you have)

Edited by thelee

I think the problem OP is talking about is because the OP doesn't actually have brilliance. instead, blood wiz needs "wall of draining" to really make it work, because blood sacrifice can't regenerate priest spells, only wizard spells, so you have to lean on repeat casts of wall of draining to create perpetual BDD on a blood wiz (and for a multiclass that particular combo comes pretty late, at level 19).

Oh, right. I just assumed SoTP by default when talking about BDD+SoT on non-Tactician.

I guess this would answer my question about the upside of using Blood Mage+BDD instead of just giving the Wizard perpetual Brilliant with SoT.