Hi!

I would like to try an interrupt build on solo POTD.

So I should go for mono class barb to reach interrupting blows

+ pet : baby boar

+ weapon : the willbreaker (are there any others weapons with interrupt ability?)

+ What item could you advise me?

And... Finally do you think that basing a build on max interrupt is viable?

Dorudugan is immune to Interrupt. So if you plan to fight it, you should have some backup plans.

Even if you don't plan on doing megabosses, seemingly like half the boss fights in FS are against an interrupt-immune target.

You'd also want to stay away from Galawain's Challenge become Unstoppable would also make them interrupt-immune and there's a 1/6 chance that Exalted would give them interrupt immunity (via Courageous).

Re: weapon: I would recommend Saru-Sichr, even if it's not as much "in theme", because chance of paralyze per tick of damage is even better than a weak effect on an interrupt. Beyond that, just stick with morning stars, since the -25 fort debuff + brute force = lots of crits.

an alternate choice is to get the Slayer's Claw from SSS (upgrades might inspirations a tier) and roll either a berserker (their tenacious frenzy becomes energized) or a monk (their thundering blows will grant energized); energized will do the same thing as Interrupting Blows does (50% chance to interrupt on crit). might be hard to get easily on solo though.

• Like 2

IDK about solo-but Devoted/Monk with the Slayer's Claw is something I've been kicking around. Fighters are pretty good at enabling crits, Monks have lots of goodies to take advantage of them, and the Slayer's Claw comes with nice enchantments beyond enabling Energized. The Claw comes very late, but Amra can also take advantage of high might+a high crit rate (side note: it's really weird that, of five unique or soulbound options in a "one handed" weapon class, one is a backer reward, two are two-handed, and the others are both pretty late acquisitions).

IDK about solo-but Devoted/Monk with the Slayer's Claw is something I've been kicking around. Fighters are pretty good at enabling crits, Monks have lots of goodies to take advantage of them, and the Slayer's Claw comes with nice enchantments beyond enabling Energized. The Claw comes very late, but Amra can also take advantage of high might+a high crit rate (side note: it's really weird that, of five unique or soulbound options in a "one handed" weapon class, one is a backer reward, two are two-handed, and the others are both pretty late acquisitions).

My last run had mirke set up to do this (along with stunning surge). A bit underoptimized compared to a custom character (e.g. generic fighter vs devoted), but worked alright, if nothing to write home about.

One thing to keep in mind if going this route - lots of bosses and enemies have persistent distraction. this means they can dispel the fighter's Intuitive inspiration basically at will. So when you need it the most you're not going to get as much support from the fighter side as you think. That's why I kind of like OP's idea of focusing in on this with a morning star. (I randomly had a barbarian some runs ago that did this and it worked out pretty well, and it wasn't even a deliberate strategy just something I incidentally started doing.)

Edited by thelee

I only recently realized that Saru-Sicher's DoT "Poison-Dipped" and its upgrades stack (get applied multiple times "in parallel") which makes it a ton better than I initially thought it was. When looking at the description you think "every 12 seconds pffff!". But once you hit some enemy multiple times all the ticks add up pretty nicely. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I only recently realized that Saru-Sicher's DoT "Poison-Dipped" and its upgrades stack (get applied multiple times "in parallel") which makes it a ton better than I initially thought it was. When looking at the description you think "every 12 seconds pffff!". But once you hit some enemy multiple times all the ticks add up pretty nicely. 

an ancient run i had a berath priest who would use morning stars to help debuff fort to help land spells (including her own). ironically, once i picked up saru-sichr and discovered the stacking it meant that she was a pretty spicy damage dealer herself (and the stacking DoTs significantly make up for the -25% damage from the morning star modal)

someone adventurous should make every DoT in the game act consistently. It's a little annoying to have to learn/remember what effects stack (bleeding cut, saru sichr, combusting wounds) and what effects merely reset (rot skulls, rust's poignard, nannasin)

Edited by thelee

Dorudugan is immune to Interrupt. So if you plan to fight it, you should have some backup plans.

Even if you don't plan on doing megabosses, seemingly like half the boss fights in FS are against an interrupt-immune target.

You'd also want to stay away from Galawain's Challenge become Unstoppable would also make them interrupt-immune and there's a 1/6 chance that Exalted would give them interrupt immunity (via Courageous).

Re: weapon: I would recommend Saru-Sichr, even if it's not as much "in theme", because chance of paralyze per tick of damage is even better than a weak effect on an interrupt. Beyond that, just stick with morning stars, since the -25 fort debuff + brute force = lots of crits.

an alternate choice is to get the Slayer's Claw from SSS (upgrades might inspirations a tier) and roll either a berserker (their tenacious frenzy becomes energized) or a monk (their thundering blows will grant energized); energized will do the same thing as Interrupting Blows does (50% chance to interrupt on crit). might be hard to get easily on solo though.

But you can not soulbind it with a monk or? Can you upgrade it at least to legendary?

But you can not soulbind it with a monk or? Can you upgrade it at least to legendary?

oh sorry, you'd have to multiclass it. my mirke was a fighter/monk so it was bound to fighter.

energized will do the same thing as Interrupting Blows does (50% chance to interrupt on crit). might be hard to get easily on solo though.

No, Energized gives 100% chance to interrupt on crit with no restrictions. (Interrupting Blows has 50% chance and is restricted to melee, while Stunning shots has 100% chance and is restricted to weapons).

Yep, I've did it on Spiritualist (trubadour/soul blade) and Grave Calling (kill own skeli with SA). Chillfog that can regen focus with high Acc from Borrowed Inst and can interrupt and paralyze on crit is fun but besides that a bit meh for me, classes competed too much with each other, action economy sucks.

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg