I'm one of those people that hates to use per rest items since "I might need it more later". So I'm looking for all the items that have or can have per encounter active abilities. Does anyone have a list? Otherwise let's see if we can't put one together here.

Ball and Chain: Chain Breaker

Kitchen Stove: Thunderous Report (one of my favorites)

Modwyr: Bottom's Up

Pale Hide: Dread Howl

Sasha's Singing Scimitar: Refreshing Finale (not technically a separate ability but lets you use your empower every encounter)

Spider Silk Robes: Dripping Fangs, Binding Web

Whispers of the Endless Paths: Run Through or Blade Form

Instant Potion Belt: same basic idea

Magnificent Escape Cloak

Rakhan Field Boots: No Quarter

Any more that I'm missing?

Edited by arkteryx
  • Like 2

One other I know of is the Whitewitch Mask ("Gaze and Despair": cast Ryngrim's Repulsive Visage if wearer gets bloodied; 1/encounter).

The ability of the Rakhan Field Boots is called "No Quarter" by the way. :)

Other items with a "quasi" 1/encounter use and that come to mind are:

- Bronlar's Phalanx

- Duskfall

and maybe more... 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I must have still been thinking about the cloak when I typed that, fixed. There's a lot of other items that trigger passively once per encounter, mainly when you're bloodied/near death or else on combat start, but I'm more looking for active abilities. I've been trying to update the wiki with per rest/per encounter tags but a lot of things are still blank.

And yeah, Rakhan boots are great, I use them on my cipher/bleak walker MC since she wouldn't have any mobility otherwise. Before I got them I used the leap boots and just rotated between several pairs to have enough uses but that's a hassle.

I feel like there was an item that gives you a random scroll every combat, like the potion belt, but now I can't remember what it was.

Edited by arkteryx

I still don't understand... why are Bounding Boots 2-per-rest and not 1-per-encounter...

As per topic:

- Survivor's Tusks: Boar's Endurance (and maybe Boar's Charge).

- The Mask of the Weyc: Veiling Hood

Also need to check Hunter's Pounce from Ngati's Tusk

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1

Looks like Ngati's Tusk is per rest, as is Boar's Charge. Boar's Endurance is per encounter but again is a passive not active skill. Your links are broken btw, I think the apostrophe is throwing off the link syntax, but then I didn't have links at all so who am I to complain.

I've been running no-rest builds recently, but looking at recent posts about Weyc's item bonuses, saw this on the Weyc's wand:

Wael's Inspiration: After Empowering a priest spell, the wielder gains Courageous (+5 Resolve, immune to Interrupt) for 8.0 sec

So it seems to be one of the only ways to get the Courageous buff (with the very rare immunity to interrupt) except via that Pally subclass lay on hands.  Does the base time go up with Intellect?  And can it be extended with Salvation of Time and/or Wall of Draining? 

There's probably something to doing a duo or trio character party run, that relies more on empowers and per/rest or per/encounter items.

Edited by brasilgringo

Sanguine Sword - Prepare the Offering

Stuff for cheesemancers

2x Stone of Power (1st bounty and Arkemyrs vault)

2x Bounding Boots (fort deadlight and last bounty from Nungata)

2x Missile Gloves (Deck of  M T and Aeldys contact in Crookspur)

All will recharge if stacked in inventory, Necklace of Fireballs should too, didn't bother too check where is 2nd

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

I still don't understand... why are Bounding Boots 2-per-rest and not 1-per-encounter...

Leap is a fairly expensive ability, given how early you can get a pair of those boots.  Also, it's useable out-of-combat-- I already use them to get through the hardest part of ghosting the Bardatto Vault.  Unlimited out-of-combat Leaping would make that fairly trivial. 

Well... they could be made 1-per-encounter in-combat-only. While they are per-rest they have very situational combat value for me.

But hey, as you showed, there is at least that crouching usage. So that's something...

• Like 1

yep, i use it on some harder encouters to jump into next lv with transcendent suffering (+26acc +7pen), +3 PL is needed (food, prestige, stone) 

Potion of Ascencion is pretty good, gives +2 PL for the fight, and not that hard to craft or buy (the Outcast's Respite guy you free who turns into a vendor usually sells it, as I think does the potion guy at SSS).  Is it worth running monk no-rest with PEN food vs. Captain's Banquet?

OK, so fun fact:  the Weyc's Wand (referenced above) gives Courageous (+5 resolve, immune to interrupts) on empowering a Priest spell (if soulbound) ...and that duration appears to be extended by maybe Intelligence, maybe by Empower itself (if you use the Empower ability that extends inspirations), and DEFINITELY by Salvation of Time and Wall of Draining.  I just stacked it to 445 seconds.  And it persists after Combat ends, like Brilliant (from Shroud of Phantasm).  So you basically walk around with immunity to interrupts for as long as you can stack it (Priest/Wiz build).  Use it to buff and then switch to stat-sticks for nuking. 

OK, it comes late (FS) but we had a discussion in another thread about how to get interrupt immunity, so this is worth nothing.  It lets you forego carrying a wound and using Revku cap, as far as i can tell.

I'd like to figure out a Priest/Wiz build that's not no-rest and can lean on empowers, or maybe a pure Priest is better. 

Edited by brasilgringo
  • Like 1

@brasilgringo I am running monk with shark soup (I need +1PL for total +3PL, every 3PL Transcendent Suffering jumps +4 acc +1 pen, plus nice immunities), for INT affliction there is always Modwyr, for RES I pick Eviee to downgrade, PER 3rd tier affliction is not a hard cc.

Edited by Waski
  • Like 1

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

Strange Boeroer, I've just checked (4.1.1) and I can stack it. Are You sure You tried in stash? Becouse in inventory wont work (even 2 unused wont stack).

I tried it again and it works like it used to. Must have tried it in char-inventory (not stash) without really noticing. :facepalm:

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

There is a mod (or use to be) that changes all per rest items to per encounter.

Theoretically you could rest between just about any fight so you could look at this is a way to freely use abilities you want without resting all the time.

That is a nice mod. I hate per-rest items or items with charges and end up never using them 99% of the time.