What is a fun melee build preferably multiclass to have 5 custom characters of and works to just cut through enemies? Which race etc. which skills are important which weapons/armor?

This is just ment for a modded adding exp straight to level 20 playthrough. Might want to fight some megabosses and do some of the DLC like FS and SSS with it.

I kind of want to RP like an elite bodyguard unit including the captain (MC).

Edit: I might've not made things entirely clear but I ment an exact build you would just copy as 5 like for example 5 devoted/berserker class or something. Not just a subclass or class every member has in common but the entire exact multiclass. Thanks for all replies!

Edited by MikeMikeMikeMikeMike

Nobody went there the last time this was asked so I'll say it. Band of thieves. A full rogue/rogue multiclass party would be awesome. I'd run a pure rogue(dps), steel garrote/debonaire(dps/heal), assassin/cipher(dps/cc/buff), trickster/forbidden fist(off-tank), and bloodmage/streetfighter(tank/debuff)

Edited by djinnxy
  • Like 2

Fighter goes well with basically everything. So does Paladin. Rogue goes well with most everything. If you're going for a bodyguard feel... Paladin/Fighter one of them, use Cadhu Scalth and stack Athletics, then wear Furrante's Breastplate for the bodyguarding passive. Or pure Fighter with same items for that late PL bodyguarding ability. Have someone stack Diplomacy and use the shield from the slaver island, that's pretty bodyguard-ish. Other than that.... I can't think of any items that are specifically good for that kind of RP or super-tank feeling. Fighter or Paladin as the base will grant you a LOT of base goodness though. Not a ton of damage, but you can get that from the multiclass.

Nobody went there the last time this was asked so I'll say it. Band of thieves. A full rogue/rogue multiclass party would be awesome. I'd run a pure rogue(dps), steel garrote/debonaire(dps/heal), assassin/cipher(dps/cc/buff), trickster/forbidden fist(off-tank), and bloodmage/streetfighter(tank/debuff)

Not entirely what I ment but damn am I going to try this! 

Which weapons etc. would you recommend for this build?

Edited by MikeMikeMikeMikeMike

To answer the previous question (I apologize for the miscommunication)...

I'd try some fighter/rogue combo. I like the idea of 5 tactician/assassins that hit from invisibility with arterial strike and watch everything run back and forth while bleeding to death. 

To answer your current question would take several pages so I'll just generalize.

The tank and off tank would be sword and board. Small shield for the monk with both twf and sword and board. Use the  Large/Medium shield for the wizard. Focus deflection on the monk and armor on the wizard. The wizard could go either really.

The debonair would be the highest damage 2-hander appropriate for the enemies of each battle to maximize the crits and healing. Max int and might. There are a couple that have good heal effects, both ranged and melee.

The dps pure rogue take 2-weapon fighting with flail and or stiletto (particularly Rust's Poignard.)

The assassin/cipher I'd take twf with blunderbuss and pistol. For the up close and personal stealth attack vs. single target I'd use dual sabres with the modal to maximize the damage. I'd take a bunch of low level charms and save the high level stuff for giving brilliant to the party or a big stealth attack (generally speaking.) You could go beguiler, soul blade, or acendant. Each would have benefits and drawbacks for the character and the team. This one will be squishy, but valuable. You'll have to protect it.

In retrospect it might not be a bad idea to make the pure rogue the assassin or make it a second cipher to keep brilliant on the whole team. You could also multiclass it priest for casting withdraw on the assassin/cipher or healing/buffing it and the whole team.

There's a lot of directions you could go with an all rogue multiclass party. This is just me kind of thinking... out loud?? Thinking in text...

Edited by djinnxy

To answer the previous question (I apologize for the miscommunication)...

I'd try some fighter/rogue combo. I like the idea of 5 tactician/assassins that hit from invisibility with arterial strike and watch everything run back and forth while bleeding to death. 

To answer your current question would take several pages so I'll just generalize.

The tank and off tank would be sword and board. Small shield for the monk with both twf and sword and board. Use the  Large/Medium shield for the wizard. Focus deflection on the monk and armor on the wizard. The wizard could go either really.

The debonair would be the highest damage 2-hander appropriate for the enemies of each battle to maximize the crits and healing. Max int and might. There are a couple that have good heal effects, both ranged and melee.

The dps pure rogue take 2-weapon fighting with flail and or stiletto (particularly Rust's Poignard.)

The assassin/cipher I'd take twf with blunderbuss and pistol. For the up close and personal stealth attack vs. single target I'd use dual sabres with the modal to maximize the damage. I'd take a bunch of low level charms and save the high level stuff for giving brilliant to the party or a big stealth attack (generally speaking.) You could go beguiler, soul blade, or acendant. Each would have benefits and drawbacks for the character and the team. This one will be squishy, but valuable. You'll have to protect it.

In retrospect it might not be a bad idea to make the pure rogue the assassin or make it a second cipher to keep brilliant on the whole team. You could also multiclass it priest for casting withdraw on the assassin/cipher or healing/buffing it and the whole team.

There's a lot of directions you could go with an all rogue multiclass party. This is just me kind of thinking... out loud?? Thinking in text...

have you ever tested it? sounds like a lot of fun.

have you ever tested it? sounds like a lot of fun.

I have not tested it. I have so many irons in the fire already I barely finish end game content unless I console gear and levels in and just teleport to areas. One of these days I'm going to do a legit start to finish again to pick up some of the remaining berath's blessings.

I would like to test it but, my guess is someone beats me to it...