My party is level 19 (potd upscalling all) and just landed for the first time on the island proteced by the plant god. The two massive boars are really tough and togethr with all the other animals and druids are too hard. Anyone got any tips on how to beat them?

Edited by ArnoldRimmer

Ah I just went through this (at level 16 - POTD) and can help. The key for me was realizing that the boars have very high fortitude but, as animals, low will. I had Ydwin with me and spammed Puppet Master and Ringleader on the boars (mostly PM on the bigger boars to make sure I could keep chaining it). This very effectively kept the boars from steamrolling my backline. Meanwhile, I sent my Shifter/Stalker Beastmaster and antelope after the main druid and the ranger in the back. They needed some help from my priest but they took them out. 

So if you have a Cipher, that's what I'd recommend. If not, perhaps you have another means of CC that targets will.

Now I'm going to take advantage of your thread and ask if anyone has secret tech for beating the third fight in the Rite of Passage quest. I'm still level 16 (my tank is 15) and the Maerwalds are three levels above me. I'm close to giving up and going to level up more.

Edited by Jayd

If you've just been kind of skating through the rest of the game, SSS might be a bit of a shock to you. Most of the fights in SSS have some sort of technical dimension to them. Yes, you can try to brute force your way through them with the same ol' strategy (though you'll patently fail in some of the seeker fights), but it's better as e.g. Jayd suggests, to try to pay attention to the situations of each fight and see what you can do to exploit it.

Now I'm going to take advantage of your thread and ask if anyone has secret tech for beating the third fight in the Rite of Passage quest. I'm still level 16 (my tank is 15) and the Maerwalds are three levels above me. I'm close to giving up and going to level up more.

is this PotD with upscaling? Because I would just come back at a higher level (I don't start SSS until 18 or 19 on PotD+upscaling+challenges).

is this PotD with upscaling? Because I would just come back at a higher level (I don't start SSS until 18 or 19 on PotD+upscaling+challenges).

I don't have upscaling on at the moment (I've turned it on and off a few times) and I'll happily do this content with it off. I was just really excited to get Survivor's Tusks for my main character. But those guys outleveling me are a problem (and the game tells me I have it hardest because I consumed him in PoE - I didn't really understand the significance of that choice when I did it lol). Their nukes just blow my team up.

Here's a question: do I have to go through even more difficult fights to get the Survivor's Tusks? Because then it really wouldn't make sense to suffer through this just to hit a thicker wall before getting what I want.

I don't have upscaling on at the moment (I've turned it on and off a few times) and I'll happily do this content with it off. I was just really excited to get Survivor's Tusks for my main character. But those guys outleveling me are a problem (and the game tells me I have it hardest because I consumed him in PoE - I didn't really understand the significance of that choice when I did it lol). Their nukes just blow my team up.

Here's a question: do I have to go through even more difficult fights to get the Survivor's Tusks? Because then it really wouldn't make sense to suffer through this just to hit a thicker wall before getting what I want.

yeah, you need to clear the first three (four?) challenges on the survivor's path. Frankly, even at level 18-19 the survivors challenges can be brutal, if you don't have a party set up for it (sustain healing becomes a lot more important than burst damage, for example) they can be a real grind to clear.

if you have FS, even if you end up waiting to level 18 or 19, there's still decent amoutn of content (even within SSS) to enjoy with survivor's tusks.

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1

if you have FS, even if you end up waiting to level 18 or 19, there's still decent amoutn of content (even within SSS) to enjoy with survivor's tusks.

What I needed to hear. My mental health thanks you.

Sorry for commandeering your thread, OP, I hope my advice helped.

Edited by Jayd

I have me (Fighter 2h sword), palagina, aloth, xoti, maia. My big problem is I don't have any way of causing confusion... aloth doesn't have that spell and I don't have anyone who can charm either.

Its my 2nd time on PotD in deadfire (upscaled) and I find it too tough - I don't min-max, maybe that would help? I might try and play potd with upscaling off a few times until I get used to it. Towards the end of the game the fights are way too tough! I just thought I would go kill nemnok - he wasnt too hard on veteran, but at level 19 on potd its bloody crazy. There are about 30 people with him that surround me and kill me in minutes. What makes it worse is seeing people solo him on youtube :(

Edited by ArnoldRimmer