Concerns with solo experience

Hi,

Just wanted to share some concerns I've been having since the teaser trailer and up to today.  

Due to my personality, I naturally play my RPG's as a solo wanderer first, then on my secondary plays I explore the more social/ off-the-beaten-path experiences.  This is what I love about RPG's.  I can play the game naturally, then explore other options as I'm role-playing a person unlike me.

The issue I'm concerned with is the lone wolf experience.  Since the first trailer,  I immediately disliked Ellie. Just something about her I don't like. Let's just chalk it up as a clash of personalities.  But  even in the gameplay trailer, her appearance was too prevalent for me. At that point,  I'm even more worried about the Lone-wolf experience by now.

Then I saw some  quotes today:

"While it's perfectly okay to play the game as a lone wolf with companions at your side, bringing party members to a challenging encounter can turn the tide." This just feels as if Obsidian is saying:  "The game is meant to be played with a crew, but if you want to solo, well I guess that's on you".

I hope my suspension is wrong and solo players are recognized.

Thank you for reading.

• Like 1

Well yeah it's possible to do it lone wolf just like it was in Obsidian's other games. You could certainly do it in New Vegas but it's a bit easier to do with Boone shooting some poor fool downwind with a sniper! It's even possible to beat Pillars that way although that's way, way harder than New Vegas.

Also, we're some months away from real, legitimate footage reveal so I wouldn't worry too much!

Yes! We have no bananas.

Playing it solo and be a psycopath will be my third replay! Thank you Obsidian for allowing us so many ways to play your games!

Yep yep, couldn't agree more. Tis gud'n.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

My first playthrough of New Vegas I never took on a single companion and had a blast. Of course, in subsequent playthroughs I've travelled with companion characters and loved their story arcs as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a lone wolf style perk that helps to buff your character when travelling alone.

Yes, this has been a lot harder in more recent Obsidian RPGs, but I think that's more because those games were party focused and you had control of every member of your group. That's not so much an issue with a first person, immersive title such as TOW.