[4.1] beneficial effects are retained when resting at sea

thelee

Question

This was reported in the patch beta forums, but reposting here for visibility.

Basically, if you rest at sea, any beneficial effects you have aren't cleared. This lets you stack multiple beneficial effects together. I just noticed it myself, and it's lame because it undermines the challenge I was setting myself up for.

See attached picture: Mirke has two different resting bonuses (Roe and Mari Crudia). Everyone still has Sigil of Pain and Darkness, which I had used before rest, but still have.

post-58316-0-97466300-1549401972_thumb.jpg

Dropbox link to save and output_log: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kvuhukcdwiyh4x9/AAAUSvI5eXI_s1fRLEvvfUFRa?dl=0

• Like 2

8 answers to this question

It's actually quite frustrating and alarming that these kinds of regressions are still happening. At this point, with all due respect, I fear that any final bug fix patch will still break something big about the gameplay and leave the game in some newly broken state in perpetuity.

Edited by thelee

It's actually quite frustrating and alarming that these kinds of regressions are still happening. At this point, with all due respect, I fear that any final bug fix patch will still break something big about the gameplay and leave the game in some newly broken state in perpetuity.

Literally unplayable ;)

It's actually quite frustrating and alarming that these kinds of regressions are still happening. At this point, with all due respect, I fear that any final bug fix patch will still break something big about the gameplay and leave the game in some newly broken state in perpetuity.

Literally unplayable ;)

We joke, but 4.0 & 4.1 broke a lot of things that either were never problems before or were previously diagnosed and fixed.  That's quite frustrating as a player.  (I've paused my current playthrough until some of the bigger issues get addressed.)

Feels like they pushed out a major DLC and the turn-based update with too small a team on the back-end.  Hopefully future patches that aren't associated with major content changes will be "cleaner." 

• Like 2

Literally unplayable ;)

We joke, but 4.0 & 4.1 broke a lot of things that either were never problems before or were previously diagnosed and fixed.  That's quite frustrating as a player.  (I've paused my current playthrough until some of the bigger issues get addressed.)

Feels like they pushed out a major DLC and the turn-based update with too small a team on the back-end.  Hopefully future patches that aren't associated with major content changes will be "cleaner." 

am similarly awaiting fixes to the emergent plague o' post 4.0 bugs before we attempt to continue our deadfire gaming.  found our self becoming more than mild annoyed by broken aspects o' the game and decided against further deadfire time as it began to feel as if we were working as free qa as 'posed to enjoying leisure time.  

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Literally unplayable ;)

It feels particularly frustrating because all these 4.0/4.1 big bugs (broken summons especially) seem to have no connection to any other feature or bug fix, so it's not exactly confidence-inspiring that to me, it seems like completely unrelated, random parts of the game are breaking. summons/vela scaling especially has the potential to just ruin someone's playthrough and there was apparently no QA that caught it, or engineering process to prevent such a random breakage.

Edited by thelee

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry about the status effect bug.  It looks like this issue has been reported to the team already so they've already started looking into the issue.  If you notice anything else, please continue to post about them.

Thank you and sorry again for the bugs you've all been running into.

but is it still playable?

your snark aside, i would actually put someone using hylea's challenge as being put into a literally unplayable situation (there is another bug in the bug forum of someone complaining that they cannot progress meaningfully in the game). i only managed to scratch through the end of it (I was in the middle of BoW when 4.0 dropped, ended up skipping everything else and speeding to the end of the crit path) because I had 2 priests that could chain-cast withdraw, one of them with an item that grants +1 AL2 priest casts (which means with empower you get an additional +1). if someone was in a similar situation as me when the patch dropped (in the middle of an area with no way to respec/recruit without running into some hard encounters first), but with e.g. only one priest or no priest, then yes, they would essentially be soft-locked and still be twiddling their thumbs for a patch to fix it before being able to progress. without scaling, vela literally gets one shot by even the most incidental effect at mid-high levels - literally if i failed to have 100% uptime on withdraw once 4.0 dropped, i was likely going to get a gameover.

Edited by thelee