nfl 2019-2020

Gromnir

45 minutes ago, the_dog_days said:

Wait, the players want an 18 game season? Or is that league and owners again? I suppose @Bartimaeus idea for pay/roaster spots for injured players would dovetail into this discussion?

owners want it.  owners have figure out how by mid-season, fans forget how bad were the quality o' the first 3-4 games. we cannot see such as anything other than a bad idea, but the players is gonna be asking for many changes and as such the owners is gonna have the opportunity to send santa their wish list too.  

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

11 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

@Mannock I don't know about you, but even though the Packers should be favored in pretty much every matchup besides QB, I'm still having PTSD flashbacks to that 2014 NFCCG.

Oh you bet. I'm nervous already but at the same time, we're at Lambeau field and our defense is so much better than it has been in a lot of years. I feel positive. We're gonna smash them!

My predictions for the divisional round:

Vikings
Ravens
Chiefs
Packers (Go Pack Go!)

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

I think the Packers and C-Hox are similar in that they are both very flawed teams nowhere near as good as their records suggest, but they both have a QB I am absolutely terrified of if I'm up less than a TD late in the 4th and they have the ball. I picked GB by virtue of home field and I think they're overall slightly better.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Reports are Winston want's $30M per season from a new contract https://dailycaller.com/2020/01/09/jameis-winston-salary-demand-30-million/

$1M per interception!

• Haha 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

According to NFL Network Radio on SiriusXM the Detroit Lions are shopping the 3rd overall pick. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Seems like every time a wildcard team has a big upset win in the first round, they get absolutely crushed in the second week.

...was what I was going to say until this Titans-Ravens game happened.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Now I kinda want the Titans to win the superbowl. Playing too well in the regular season is like a bad omen. In the last twenty years a dominate teams in the regular season usually run out of steam in the playoffs. It takes that special blend of talent and timing to make it far in the playoffs. This bodes well for the Chiefs 'cause they haven't played great since Mahomes' injury.

5 hours ago, the_dog_days said:

This bodes well for the Chiefs 'cause they haven't played great since Mahomes' injury.

Counterpoint: The long, storied tradition of Andy Reid teams losing playoff games they were supposed to win.

• Haha 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Went 0-2 last night in my predictions but it was really fun to see the Titans play. Really knocked the wind out of the Ravens and except for a few moments of brilliance, Lamars Jackson looked pretty average. If the Packers get beaten on their way to the Superbowl, I really hope the Titans take it.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

On 1/12/2020 at 5:06 PM, Keyrock said:

C-Hox seem to have no answer for Aaron Jones.

Nobody healthy at any rate. If their top three running backs had remained healthy, the game would have been played in Seattle. So it goes.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

AFC Championship:

Chiefs over Titans - I feel like uncomfortable pickung an Andy Reid team, but they are the overall better squad. Plus, if the same Patrick Mahomes II shows up that played in the divisional round, NOBODY is beating them.

NFC Championship:

Niners over Packers - Betting against Aaron Rodgers scares me, but the Niners are the best overall team left in the playoffs.  Also, Rodgers has been very mortal this season and Jimmy is as handsome as ever.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

2 hours ago, rjshae said:

Nobody healthy at any rate. If their top three running backs had remained healthy, the game would have been played in Seattle. So it goes.

Seahawks got pretty well handled by both the Rams and the Cardinals late season. Definitely could see it for the 49ers game, but if the Seahawks had won that game, the Packers would've been the #1 seed and the Saints the #2 while the Seahawks were merely the #3, so, uh. Though if the Seahawks had won the final 2 weeks instead, I think the Saints would've been the #1 seed and the Seahawks the #2 (..."I think" because it's a circle of I-beat-you-but-not-thems - Packers over Saints, Seahawks over Packers, Saints over Seahawks).

Hoping for Titans-Packers, expecting Chiefs-49ers. Based on everything I've seen, Packers should get pretty well walloped in the NFCCG. We match up horribly with the 49ers, Packers have a history of getting wrecked by NFCW teams in the playoffs (and were especially bad west coast this season), Packers are limping into the game while the 49ers are stronger than ever with recent star returns from injury. I'm hoping it's a close game, but I feel like even that's asking too much. Expecting something like a 34-17 score. To have a chance, the Packers will need to execute very well and get lucky to start the game - don't think we have much of a chance of staying in it if we're down even a score early, and it'll become positively futile if it extends to two scores.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

I could pretty much copy all that Bartimaeus wrote. If you are making a bet, Chiefs vs 49rs is the reasonable pick for the Supwerbowl teams.

There's not a single thing that speaks for the Packers in this game. I actually can't find a single thing that makes me think the Packers have leverage in a certain area. But I will be rooting and cheering for my team, cause as long as the game isn't over, there is a theoretical chance. Go Pack Go!

On 1/13/2020 at 10:53 PM, Mannock said:

I could pretty much copy all that Bartimaeus wrote. If you are making a bet, Chiefs vs 49rs is the reasonable pick for the Supwerbowl teams.

Leagues #2 offense vs. the #1 defense. That would be fun. Ravens vs. 49ers would be more fun. Ah well.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

More or less everyone is predicting the 49ers to win this Sunday (and rightly so). However I think that could be the weapon that tips the scale for Packers. If the 49ers think it's all done and start looking ahead to the Superbowl, they might underestimate the Packers enough to have an upset on their hands.

And yes, I'm grabbing for every little straw out there.

On 1/13/2020 at 10:53 PM, Mannock said:

chiefs should beat the titans. however, neither afc team has a particular strong defense, and at the moment, the titans run game is in high gear. am not thinking the titans can slow down the chiefs, but if they do, then there is a good chance the titans beat 'em into submission in the third and fourth quarter. playing at arrowhead may not be much o' an advantage for the chiefs in spite o' the fact it is statistical a major boon.  is january and arrowhead is cold in january. a nice day at arrowhead in january is gonna mean freezing. derrick henry is between 240-250lbs. in freezing temps, regardless o' wind or snow or whatnot, tackling a guy that size takes a serious toll.  tackling anybody for four quarters in freezing temps hurts, but a guy like henry is especial punishing in such conditions. as long as the chiefs don't get outta reach and force the titans to pass on first thru third down with every possession, eventually the titans ol and big rb is gonna have an impact on a rather mediocre chiefs D. 

the titans, if they can keep the game close enough to keep running the ball on most downs, will have a chance to take the game from the chiefs in improbable fashion. 

'course turnovers is always the wildcard factor even though it is probable the most significant indicator o' success when looking at a game with benefit o' hindsight. neither the titans or the chiefs are particular turnover prone. am not gonna try and guess turnovers. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

1 hour ago, Keyrock said:

If the Titans win the superbowl, will other coaches talk about cutting off their own genitalia? 🤔

All I know is that if the Packers win the Superbowl, all the analytics people will whine about the Packers being the most fradulent Superbowl winner ever and throw twentyeleven statistics why they shouldn't have won.