nfl 2019-2020

Gromnir

46 minutes ago, rjshae said:

Rumor mill has the Cowboys firing their entire coaching staff. Whoosh.

real problem is jones ain't gonna fire himself.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

My company saw fit to send me to frozen middle of nowhere ****holes the last few days. The vast majority of the time I had no connectivity, and when I did the NFL was the furthest thing from my mind, I was too busy hating everything. Hence, I did not find out about and get to bask in the glory of Jameis' 5000/30/30 season until today.

As for the Cowboys, blow the team up. Fire everybody. Cut all the players. Blow up the stadium. Move the team to Sheboygan.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

1 hour ago, Keyrock said:

As for the Cowboys, blow the team up. Fire everybody. Cut all the players. Blow up the stadium. Move the team to Sheboygan.

sheboygan is only a bit over an hour drive from green bay, but is a minor quibble.

am knowing you ain't complete serious, but the thing is, if it weren't for jerry jones, the cowboys would be a dream coaching opportunity. we observed at the start o' the season the impressive talent dallas had accumulated on both sides o' the ball such that dak were maybe the 10th best player on the roster. maybe. 

is a bit like when harbaugh took over the 49ers. at the time, sf were an extreme talented but underperforming team. most coaches are stuck with bare cupboards when they take over a team. talented teams ordinarily win more than they lose and coaches o' such teams is applauded and given contract extensions. who wouldn't wanna be the guy who has a "rebuilding" job with one o the more talented squads in the league?  

is disappointing, but am suspecting the cowboys turnaround will be quick unless new coach is a complete hack... and assuming jerry jones doesn't screw everything to sheboygan. on paper this looks like one o' the easiest nfl reclamation efforts in recent memory, with jerry jones being the wild card.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

18 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

sheboygan is only a bit over an hour drive from green bay, but is a minor quibble.

It's okay, New York has 2 teams that play in the same stadium... which isn't even in the state of New York. Wisconsin can have a second team. Also, Sheboygan is just a really fun name to say out loud.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

2 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Also, Sheboygan is just a really fun name to say out loud.

population o' nyc and surrounding boroughs, plus newark, compared to green bay and sheboygan is what again?

however, will agree on the inherent funness o' sheboygan.  walla walla and cucamonga also deserve consideration. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

I always hedge my bets with pick'em: if there's a matchup that I really want to go a certain way but the odds are against it, I always pick against the team I want to win so that if they win, I'll be happy that I was wrong, while if they lose, I at least have the consolation prize of being right. So with that said, Patriots over Titans, :p.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Two of the Vikings' top 3 CBs will be out against the Saints...against Drew Brees...in the dome. And the last one standing is Xavier Rhodes who has been notably trash this year. I'm just not feeling it for the Vikings, unfortunately.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In theory, Tennessee is a NIGHTMARE matchup for New England. On the other hand, it's  the Pats in Gillette in January.

Pats

Bills

Saints

C-Hox

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Bills played great D that first half. Josh Allen looking comfortable out there. The Texans are going to need to make some big adjustments for the 2nd half, because this is looking like a repeat of last year.

Edit: What the heck was that on the second half kickoff!? :wowey:

Edit 2: LOL Texans. I think this game is just about over. If the Bills get a TD off this fumble you can stick a fork in Houston.

Edit 3: That turned around quickly. We got ourselves a ballgame!

That was the saddest series of plays for the Bills on that last drive. Grats Texans. Great comeback.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I did my part in picking the Patriots! :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

All the signs were there: How shaky the Pats had been all year, especially down the stretch. How mortal Brady had looked at times during the season, not helped by having nobody to throw to. How well Tennessee matched up across the board with the Pats on paper. Still, I never thought it would happen, the Pats going out in the wild card at home like this. Was Tom Brady's final pass as a Patriot a pick 6? :o

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

FYI, The Pats cost themselves this game months ago when they cut Brown. With brown they don't lose this game. PERIOD. The league likely would have suspended him for a month and he'd be back playing by playoffs.  I hope they enjoy their 'moral' victory of firing him because he didn't 'reveal all info'. LMAO You know how the Pats love their integrity more than maximizing their chances of winning. 😛

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

FWIH both Belichick and Brady very much wanted to keep Brown, so the decision to cut him likely came from above them, Kraft, I would imagine.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

You have no idea how gratifying I find it to have the same excuses applied to Sam Darnold being applied to Tom Brady: "He needs better playmakers on the outside." At any other point in his career fans and pundits using the same excuses for Brady as a Jets qb would be considered unacceptable. Plain and simple, he might not have the level of talent in the cast around him that he's enjoyed the last decade plus, but Brady's also nowhere near the player he used to be.

Edited by the_dog_days

'Can't win big games'

'Not a playoff performer'

'Choker'

HAHAHA! The lame ass   'playoff/big game choker' label shows its face again: It doesn't exist. There is no such thing as a 'polayoff/big game choker'. Such a nonsensical label.

GO COUSINS GO!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Thought the Vikings were going to lose handily, wanted the Vikings to win, I am pleasantly surprised. Packers may no longer be the worst 13-3 team, especially seeing as we beat the Vikings twice. Also think we have a much better chance of beating the Eagles/Seahawks than the Saints...but also, I don't think the Vikings have much of a chance against the 49ers, who we match up horribly against, so that's not great.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Thought the Vikings were going to lose handily, wanted the Vikings to win, I am pleasantly surprised. Packers may no longer be the worst 13-3 team, especially seeing as we beat the Vikings twice. Also think we have a much better chance of beating the Eagles/Seahawks than the Saints...but also, I don't think the Vikings have much of a chance against the 49ers, who we match up horribly against, so that's not great.

Agreed!

One note though; Dalvin Cook was injured in that second game. Huge boon for us.

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox