nfl 2019-2020

Gromnir

I still have Handsome Jimmy & the Niners coming out of the NFC. I know they just lost to the Falcons, but that was a classic trap game, it happens to the best of 'em.

Ravens are the obvious choice in the AFC. They look head and shoulders above anyone else in that conference. I will admit that I am a bit worried the Pats have been sandbagging.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

15 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I still have Handsome Jimmy & the Niners coming out of the NFC. I know they just lost to the Falcons, but that was a classic trap game, it happens to the best of 'em.

Ravens are the obvious choice in the AFC. They look head and shoulders above anyone else in that conference. I will admit that I am a bit worried the Pats have been sandbagging.

I just feel Jimmy G is much lesser compared to both Wilson and Brees. So I have both Seahawks and Saints ahead of 49ers at this point.

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

Jameis has thrown 3 picks already and the game isn't even in the 4th quarter yet. He already has 30 TDs, 30 TDs/30 picks IS STILL IN PLAY!

7ka9.gif

Jameis is the gift that keeps on giving. He's the most exciting QB the league has seen in years. Will he throw 4 TDs? Will he throw 4 picks? Will he throw 4 TDs AND 4 picks? All of these possibilities and more are in play every time he is out there!

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Jameis wound up throwing a 4th pick! :wowey:

Heading into week 17, Jameis Winston has 4908 passing yards, 31 TDs, and 28 INTs. He just needs 92 passing yards and 2 picks and the 5000/30/30 dream will be a reality! 

tenor.gif?itemid=5878976

Also, the Pats and Bills are having a pretty exciting game right now.

• Like 3

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Muh Boys have a running game that has been firing on all cylinders. Dak has been hurt and limited in practice. Amari Cooper is perpetually hurt. Naturally, we run the ball a grand total of 5 times in the first half.

channing.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.2x.gif

• Hmmm 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I thought the Cowboys were obviously a cut above the Eagles.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/sq5w5typ8tnjmti/2019-12-23_06-49-45.mp4

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

The most Cowboys thing that can happen now is the Iggles losing next week to the G-Men and us beating the Skins, thus backing into the playoffs.  Then, we get SMOKED at home in the wild card round, but making the playoffs saves Princeton Red's job so that we get to go through this **** again next year.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Seahawks are probably DOA at this point. A run-oriented offense with the two main rushers out with season-ending injuries, and the third is a habitual injured reserve player. Ah well, it was a good run while it lasted. Injuries suck.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Haven't there been offensive line injuries as well? My hope is that the Packers win tonight, the Seahawks somehow just barely beat the 49ers next week, and the Packers become the most fraudulent 13-3 #1 seed in NFL history.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

4 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Imo, the offensive ineptitude is squarely Moore's fault. Sixteen rushing attempt in the entire game? C'mon, between Elliott and Pollard that should be a quarters wort of attempts. Moore is too far down the "analytics" hole. 

Play calling has been atrocious, but the problems go deeper than that. Undiscuplined play, stupid penalties, the list goes on and on. 

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Even though the Packers turned it over like three times plus another recovered fumble or two, that was a surprisingly complete game and victory by the Packers against a playoff team they'd never beat on the road in their stadium before. All but secured a bye week now.

...followed up with Aaron Rodgers and the offense looking like absolute utter garbage against the 32nd passing defense. Nice!

(e): As is a yearly tradition, I have passed away during an insanely needlessly anxiety-inducing Packers victory. RIP Bartimaeus. Worst top 2, possible 1 seed team I can remember seeing, but we *do* have a bye week.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

My Jets finish the season 7-9 which is better than I expected even if Sam Darnold was healthy the entire season. The schedule was hot butter soft thanks to playing in the AFC East (2 of their wins) and their out if division match up was with the NFC East (3 of their wins), but they did go 7-5 with Darnold as the starting qb. I would say I'm excited about next year but I've been down this road too many times with the Jets. If they draft yet another d-linemen in the first round I might have to challenge my liver to a duel with vodka.

5 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

...followed up with Aaron Rodgers and the offense looking like absolute utter garbage against the 32nd passing defense. Nice!

(e): As is a yearly tradition, I have passed away during an insanely needlessly anxiety-inducing Packers victory. RIP Bartimaeus. Worst top 2, possible 1 seed team I can remember seeing, but we *do* have a bye week.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

admitting disappointment. the only reason we checked this thread today were to see what we believed were the inevitable @Keyrock jameis winston post. 

haven't felt this let-down since we saw tarantino's new film. last 1/3 o' that movie were just...

oh well.

HA! Good Fun!

• Sad 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

11 minutes ago, Mannock said:

Would be awesome if the Titans could make an upset against the Patriots.

what's the spread? can't imagine it is too significant. second half o the season were not great for the patriots. .500 during last 8 games and the offense were particular uninspired during that period. 

titans admitted do not look like a sb team, but they got a very good ground game, and say what you will 'bout tannehill, he has thrown something like 12 tds to 2 ints in december and am thinking he had near best in the league qbr from time he became the starter. so the titans is not turning over the ball, they got a good rushing attack and their qb is playing hot-- kinda an ideal way to go into playoffs... or such would be the case if their d were a little better.

is tough to bet against the pats at foxboro during the playoffs.  even so, if ne loses, is not gonna be many people acting shocked.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

12 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

even so, if ne loses, is not gonna be many people acting shocked.

HA! Good Fun!

Actually isn't this the take of the season; the decline of the aging QB's? Brady, 12 and Rivers have all been mediocre this season (exception to the rule is Brees of course). Will be interesting to so how these teams will act during the offseason.