nfl 2019-2020

Gromnir

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The Cowboys were funny for a while, but now they're just sad.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

11 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

The Cowboys were funny for a while, but now they're just sad.

They are no longer allowed to call themselves "America's Team". As if they ever were. 😛

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I'd argue that muh Boys are still very much deserving of the "America's Team" moniker. No other NFL team has as much ridiculous reality TV-esque drama surrounding it. What could possibly be more American than ridiculous reality TV-esque drama? :p

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The only reality TV I watch is the Great British Bakeoff, and that's not even American! So screw that, :p.

Fun fact: the Packers hold the tiebreakers over the Saints and the Seahawks. If the Packers and Seahawks both win out, regardless of anything else, the Packers would be the #1 seed. And they'd be probably the weakest, most fraudulent #1 seed I can remember in a long while, but hey, a #1 seed is a #1 seed, :p.

• Like 1

I want a Lamar Jackson vs Handsome Jimmy Superbowl. I will also accept Mahomes vs Jimmy.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

holy cow the nfc east is so bad

(e): Also, I was wrong, since the Seahawks lost one of their games to the Ravens (instead of another NFC opponent), they hold the tiebreakers over the Packers, c'est la vie

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Fun fact: the Packers hold the tiebreakers over the Saints and the Seahawks. If the Packers and Seahawks both win out, regardless of anything else, the Packers would be the #1 seed. And they'd be probably the weakest, most fraudulent #1 seed I can remember in a long while, but hey, a #1 seed is a #1 seed, :p.

Some tough games ahead though. Three division teams, two of them on the road. They will really need to step up their game cause playing two inferior teams these last two weeks didn't really make you feel comfortable about anything.

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

I am a little concerned the recent resurgence of Jameis Winston might keep the Buc's from doing what must be done this off season. Namely showing him the door. I mean it's great they beat Indy but he threw three f-----g picks in that game. He has 23 interceptions this season. Almost twice Baker Mayfield in second place. He is also leading the league in Interceptions Returned for touchdown by 7. 7! Most QBs don't even throw 7 in a season! He has seven more than Philip Rivers. I mean if you look at his TD/INT ratio it's OK, OBR is 84.9,  that isn't bad. But those interceptions... they are game losers. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

23 interceptions and 85 passer rating is...actually pretty bad in 2019. Not laughably terrible, but pretty bad. If he finishes the season with more than 27, it'll be the most since Favre's disastrous 2005 season. He's currently the 25th ranked QB by passer rating, barely edging out Goff and Darnold.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

Muh Boys are going to pick up their 4th straight loss this Sunday and we're STILL going to win the division as long as we beat Philly next week and the Skins the following week. NFC East - Not just bad, historically bad!

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Where the hell has THIS Cowboys team been this entire season? I think this is more a case of the Rams being just as much pretenders as we are and just having a really bad game (at the worst possible time) than it is a case of muh Boys suddenly being good

We still suck

This essentially makes the week 17 matchup with the Skins meaningless. We just need to win in Philly next week.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Philadelphia has been on life support, and while the Cowboys haven't been too hot either, I think they've looked a clear cut above the Eagles and shouldn't have too much difficulty.

• Like 1

Our running game has been really effective 3 of the last 4 games, except this time we stuck with it and, wouldn't you know it, won the game. Funny how "the running game is really effective so let's keep running it" seems to work out a lot better than "The running game is really effective so let's throw it a bunch instead".

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸