nfl 2019-2020

Gromnir

*fraud detected*

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Kap is unsigned for the same reason other gifted athletes get fired/not hired for off field stuff. He's viewed as a meance to the bottom line  and business wise. Did you see his nterview/attitude during that whole silly 'tryouts' by him and the NFL (whoa re also pretty scummy). No team wants that kind of toxicity udner their employ.  He would need to be twice as good as Russell Wilson and Tom Brady combined. He doesn't care about football anymore. He doesn't care about equality or anti racism (or else he wouldn't have signed with Nike). LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

With any luck, I can get to a truck stop and shut down for the night early enough to watch muh Boys get their asses handed to them by Buffalo.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

17 hours ago, Volourn said:

Kap is unsigned for the same reason other gifted athletes get fired/not hired for off field stuff. He's viewed as a meance to the bottom line  and business wise. Did you see his nterview/attitude during that whole silly 'tryouts' by him and the NFL (whoa re also pretty scummy). No team wants that kind of toxicity udner their employ.  He would need to be twice as good as Russell Wilson and Tom Brady combined. He doesn't care about football anymore. He doesn't care about equality or anti racism (or else he wouldn't have signed with Nike). LMAO

So you're saying NFL teams don't want to win. Got it. Will remember that the next time an owner says the most important thing is winning.

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

Ask yourself why Antonio Brown - probably  the best (or at least top 3) receivers  - doesn't have an NFL job?

I agree, btw, NFL should not be the morality police  and they should be focused on winning. That said, I don't see anyone winning a SB with Kap in 2019 but I do see them winning with Brown.

It should be pointed out that Kap has trash talked the NFL, labeled them all sorts of nasty things.. I don't know many employers who would hire someone who talks like that about them in public.

I'm sure my bosses would talk to me if II trash talked them to the media 9not that the media cares about me lol). Would your employer keep you on if you went to a report in public and said your bosses sucked ass?

P.S. Kap is not a 'hero'. He works for Nike - one of the most racist evil organziations in the western world.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

@Antonio Brown: Rumor has it that the NFL has told a few teams that he would be immediately place him on the Commissioner's Exempt List if he signed with a team, but that he cannot be placed on it until he does, hence the weirdness. That's "the" rumor, anyways. I don't think it's completely black and white - I think if you're genuinely starter quality, you can get away with a lot more than if you're not, or at least that seems to be the trend with other controversial cases. If Kaepernick was very good, I think teams would be more willing to overlook the perception/media issues. But since he's not likely to be a franchise QB but merely a good backup...even good backups are not worth that kind of trouble, not when a not insignifcant percentage of the general NFL fanbase seems to despise the man and he most likely wouldn't even play.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

I'd love to get a definitive number on what Kaep was expecting to get paid. People love to throw out how much better he is than a bunch of career backups that have jobs, but most of those guys are making near the league minimum. The controversy is clearly a factor, which is crazy, since teams take chances on domestic abuse, dog fighting, and murder suspects. Guy takes a knee against police brutality and he becomes untouchable. :blink:

@Keyrock

"The Dolphins have more wins against winning teams than the Cowboys: Dolphins defeated the 6-5 Colts in week 10, Cowboys have defeated teams with a 16-50-1 record, including zero winning teams"

:p

4 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

@Keyrock

"The Dolphins have more wins against winning teams than the Cowboys: Dolphins defeated the 6-5 Colts in week 10, Cowboys have defeated teams with a 16-50-1 record, including zero winning teams"

:p

Believe me, I am KEENLY aware that we have not beaten a single decent team this year. Literally every single one of our 6 victories came against bad teams. Even more hilarious, or sad, depending on your point of view, is that we are likely going to end up 7-9 or 8-8 this season and there's a decent chance we will STILL make the playoffs, by virtue of the NFC East being a smoldering dumpster fire. Not that it matters. We either miss the playoffs or go out in the Wild Card Round, six or one half dozen the other.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

@Keyrock

Fun fact: if the Cowboys lose out while the Eagles only notch one win against the Cowboys, the Cowboys would still make the playoffs at 6-10, :biggrin:.

• Gasp! 1

@Bartimaeus I haven't crunched the numbers on tiebreakers and I'm too lazy and dejected to research the scenario, so I'll trust you are correct.

/curls up in fetal position

*pitiful sobbing*

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

@Keyrock

It's actually really simple - the head to head would be 1-1, the next thing checked would be divisional record where Cowboys are currently 4-0 while Eagles are 1-1.

...Wait a moment, the Eagles are 1-1 in their division? The Eagles finish the season @Dolphins, vs. Giants, @Redskins, vs. Cowboys, @Giants. The Cowboys finish the season @Bears, vs. Rams, @Eagles, vs. Redskins. ...In other words, the Cowboys are screwed.

Edited by Bartimaeus

On 11/27/2019 at 10:29 PM, Mannock said:

Blough vs Trubisky and Kaep is still unsigned. Can someone explain, please?

kaep was a terrible qb when he were still in the league. folks seem to forget how much heat he were getting in the 1.5 years leading up to his sit-during-the-anthem protest. am thinking is safe to say he hasn't gotten better the last couple years he has not been playing. 

Colin Kaepernick doesn’t deserve a second chance as an NFL starter

this were a 2015 story, and it were hardly an outlier. kaepernick had success under a single coach when that coach were relying on a system almost nobody uses in 2019.  is maybe two teams (one team if am being complete objective) in the nfl who could use kaep w/o complete retooling offense and they already have starters.

chances are kaep is good enough to be a third string or backup somewheres, but he has always wanted starter money, and such is not reasonable. 

the bears have chase daniel as a backup to trubisky, and for the bears am thinking daniel is a better option than kaep... and the choice ain't even close in our mind. blough? why not blough? is late november and season is over for detroit. you honest think kaep would sign a league minimum contract to finish out the season for detroit? oh, and the workout situation let nfl folks know just how much drama they were gonna need embrace if they signed kaepernick. 

again, 'cause is easy to forget, most football guys had soured on kaep in 2015. is almost 2020. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

12 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

@Keyrock

It's actually really simple - the head to head would be 1-1, the next thing checked would be divisional record where Cowboys are currently 4-0 while Eagles are 1-1.

...Wait a moment, the Eagles are 1-1 in their division? The Eagles finish the season @Dolphins, vs. Giants, @Redskins, vs. Cowboys, @Giants. The Cowboys finish the season @Bears, vs. Rams, @Eagles, vs. Redskins. ...In other words, the Cowboys are screwed.

It comes down to the week 16 matchup in Philly. Which crappy NFC East is slightly less crappy that day takes the division. We can beat the Skins, the game against the Bears is 50/50 depending on which Trubisky shows up, the terrible one or the one just good enough to fool you into thinking maybe he can be the guy (spoiler: it's a trap), and we will lose to the Rams. Ultimately it doesn't matter. The only positive that can come from this season is Princeton Red getting fired and us getting a real coach. That's all I want for Christmas. (spoiler: I'm getting a lump of coal, aka another year of Garrett, instead)

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

On 11/29/2019 at 6:46 PM, Bartimaeus said:

the Cowboys are screwed

never mind

• Like 1

You know, muh Boys may be awful this year, and they are, but at least we didn't lose to the FREAKIN' DOLPHINS. I have no hope left for anything good happening to my team this year, even if we make the playoffs we'll just lose in the wild card round. However, I can still indulge in the simple, yet thoroughly satisfying pleasure of Eagles schadenfreude. :banana:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

This is a real play that really happened in a NFL game:

1) What possesses somebody to call a direct snap to a punter who then, with no blockers, fakes like he's going to run it in but instead shovel passes to the placekicker?

2) How in the world did this actually work?

• Haha 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

4 hours ago, Keyrock said:

This is a real play that really happened in a NFL game:

1) What possesses somebody to call a direct snap to a punter who then, with no blockers, fakes like he's going to run it in but instead shovel passes to the placekicker?

2) How in the world did this actually work?

being a 2-win team provides a unique freedom insofar as playcalling is concerned.

weirdest nfl play we ever saw were late 1970s bears v lions. 4th and 11. detroit center doesn't hand the ball to the qb. instead, after a kinda fake snap, the center puts ball back on the turf and a lions guard picks up the ball and runs it for a 12 yd gain and a first down. guard could run the ball w/o penalty 'cause after center put on the turf, it counted as a fumble. everybody on the field goes right save for the guard with the ball and a single deep bears safety.

we were at the game, so no tv announcers or replay to explain what happened. had no idea what occurred on the field 'til we read 'bout it in the paper the next day. 

lions were a 2-win team that season.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)