nfl 2019-2020

Gromnir

8-2 going into the bye week. I'm very down with that. Quite a bit of luck but they pulled through in good fashion. A pity the Cowboys couldn't beat the Vikings though. 

And every time they show Kyle Allens parents on the broadcast, a kitten dies. I'm sure of it.

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

The only surprising thing about the Boys/Vikes outcome was that the score was as close as it was. It doesn't get any easier for my sucky team that sucks and is also terrible and not very good next week as we face the Rams. Granted, the Rams have been in a downward spiral of their own, but I still think they're a much better team than muh Boys.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Just saw the end of the Steelers Browns game. That penalty at right before the end was one of the dumbest things I've seen in the NFL in while. They got Myles Garrett and Maurkice Pouncey with penalties, but they should've thrown one at Mason Rudolph for trying to rip Garrett's helmet off too. All three should've been kicked out of the game.

High quality product.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Rudolph was having a terrible night. Real late in the 4th, backed up inside their own 30, down 2 TDs, on a 2nd (or was it 3rd?) and long the Steelers called a screenplay. Garrett made contact with Rudolph before he released the ball but kinda knocked him to the ground with Garrett on top (it was pretty gentle for NFL hits and it definitely wasn't late). Rudolph in a fit started yanking at the back of Garrett's helmet while they were still on the ground. And then things got real stupid with Garrett retaliating by yanking Rudolph around by the facemask to rip his helmet off and then hitting him with it. One of the offensive linemen (can't remember the name) was pulling Garrett away and once they were both on the ground Maurkice Pouncey started punching and kicking Garrett. (Pretty sure the first OL's thought process was to get Garrett away from Rudolph while he had that helmet in his hands, then Pouncey thought they were having a good ol' curve stompin' when he jumped in.)

Whoops, I guess muh Boys play the Lions this week, not the Rams. I don't know why I thought we played the Rams. Anyway, that's a game we can actually win. We won't, because the Cowboys are a sucky team that sucks and also is terrible and not very good, but at least it's feasible. I mean, bad teams are the only teams we can beat and the Lions are a bad team.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm from New England and remained loyal to the Red Sox and the Patriots before 2001 and 2004 respectively, when nobody thought they could win.

Now I find myself rooting for Detroit teams because the tragedy of the midwest holds a dear to place to me.

Anyway I could care less if the Pats win at this point, they had their run, now lets see where the next phenomena lies.

That was a lot closer a game than it should have been given that the Lions had a back up QB and that they're a bad team to begin with. Still, a win is a win. I'll take it.

giphy.gif

Now I find myself in the uncomfortable position of rooting for the Pats. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. Give me a second to compose myself...

Anyway, I could go for an Iggles loss, so go Pats, I guess... Oh God, it's coming up again. :x

• Haha 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

^ Trubisky apologists are even worse than Dak apologists... Not that we have any of the latter here, right? /fidgets Ahem. /hides jersey :p

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

With 6 weeks left the NFC playoff picture looks quite clear. We know 5 teams pretty much for sure: Packers, Vikings, Saints, Niners, and C-Hox. The 6th is the NFC East winner (Boys/Iggles) 

The AFC is a bit more complicated.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Earlier in the season, I thought the Seahawks would falter and be replaced by the Rams, but they just keep barely winning games, whether it's against great or terrible teams. Bah.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

59 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Earlier in the season, I thought the Seahawks would falter and be replaced by the Rams, but they just keep barely winning games, whether it's against great or terrible teams. Bah.

Yes, the C-Hox are a .500 team that is inexplicably 8-2. They're the bizzaro Chargers. The Chargers are a .500 team that is inexplicably 4-6... Okay 4-6 isn't that inexplicable... My comparison kinda falls apart there.

I think it's the Russell Wilson factor for Seattle, dude just knows how to win.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Packers were like that for a lot of this decade with Aaron Rodgers. Hoping they get bounced much the same way we did (...although preferably with less winning in the Wild Card/Divisional rounds).

12 hours ago, Keyrock said:

With 6 weeks left the NFC playoff picture looks quite clear. We know 5 teams pretty much for sure: Packers, Vikings, Saints, Niners, and C-Hox. The 6th is the NFC East winner (Boys/Iggles) 

The AFC is a bit more complicated.

Hey, don't jinx things. I know there's a 90%+ chance the Packers make the play offs at this point, and for exactly that reason they might very well royaly screw things up. One game at a time please.

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

Well, it's a good thing muh Boys pulled out to a game lead in the division last week because we're gonna give that game right back this week unless we get some help from the C-Hox. I'm already preparing myself for the brutal beatdown we're about to suffer at the hands of the Pats.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Muh Boys lost, as expected. I ain't happy with a loss, but we made that a much closer a game than I expected, especially after having about as disastrous a start as possible (missed FG, blocked punt, int).  On a positive note, the C-Hox came through for us and we maintain a 1 game lead. Ultimately, so long as we don't fall 2 games behind, it will come down to week 16 in Philly.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸