nfl 2019-2020

Gromnir

1 hour ago, Mannock said:

Yeah, I heard he's on the last year of his contract. Would be shocked if the Cowboys doesn't have a new coach for the 2020 season.

I don't know, give how long Princeton Red has held this position, I wouldn't be surprised if he had some compromising photos of Jerry or something. Maybe Jason Garrett sucks a really good ****?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

On 10/2/2019 at 4:11 AM, Bartimaeus said:

I looked at a chart of runs, and we're actually doing O.K. against runs to the right and up the middle - it's runs to the left (both inside and outside) that are disproportionately successful. Tyron Smith being out might actually be very helpful for us in containing the run game.

am knowing for most folks the ol is a secondary concern, but for the cowboys, more than even mosts teams, the ol is the driver o' success, and the cowboys ol is nowhere near 100%. tyrion smith is sidelined and la'el collins were questionable even before he left the game... and zach martin is playing hurt.

am knowing we sound like a broken record talking 'bout cowboys and the ol. after all, every team has some ol attrition during the year, so is not as if cowboys is in a unique situation. however, given dak limitations, the cowboys is particular ill-suited to overcome ol problems. is tough to describe just how basic is the cowboys offense and am seeing no reason for such other than minimizing dak mistakes.

until the ol situation gets right, which doesn't look like is gonna happen soon, the cowboys will continue to struggle 'gainst all but the cellar dwellers defenses in the league.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

1 hour ago, Gfted1 said:

Okay, so the point now seems to be that Baker snubbed a handshake after the coin toss, and did indeed shake hands prior to the coin toss.

When I watch games on game pass it almost always starts after the coin toss is already done and over, so I know little about it and how the players greet eachother. Is it normal to shake hands twice, ie both before and after the coin toss? I mean, is snubbing the handshake after the coin toss something unique?

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

Hey whatever motivates the defense, I suppose. Some guys need that chip on the shoulder to bring out the best, real or imagined.

I've always thought it was pretty brilliant how Sherman plays up the heel role. I mean, a good CB is often judged by how afraid a QB is to throw in their direction. They can basically disappear during the game as long as they are also making the top receiver disappear. So Sherman always finds a way to insert himself into the game narrative, and that has kept him relevant longer than most.

He then went on twitter and complained about people making a big deal out of his lie when he was the one that went to social media to make a big deal out of Mayfield not shaking his hand (which he did) to begin with. Definitely not a liar and a drama queen at all.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

20 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

Must be preparing for a career in politics. :p

am suspecting is as much 'bout keeping the brand relevant as anything, which a few years ago mighta been dismissed as kinda transparent avariscious. nowadays the line 'tween cheap self-marketing ploys and political strategizing is becoming blurred, so perhaps you got a point.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

7 hours ago, Mannock said:

Watched the Browns vs 49ers. Poor Baker. He seems more or less stressed all game by the pass rush. I'm not a particular fan of him, but I really felt sorry for him in that game. Hard to play well when you get that pressure in your face.

And that's on top of the shame of playing for the Cleveland Browns.:wowey:

• Haha 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

MNF against the Lions. Davante offically ruled out. But honestly I'm more worried about Darnelle Savage not playing. We've lost four games in a row against the Lions and I actually think this is the time we break that streak. I've been quite conservative about the projected results this season but after beating the Cowboys on the road I feel a bit more optimistic. With homefield advantage I think we'll give the Lions a beating. And if we are defeated, see this as a perfect jinx. :)

Packers are the only team in the NFL to have defeated another team >=100 times...and it's stood at 100 wins since we swept them in 2016. The two losses in 2017 were against Brett Hundley, the 2018 @Lions game would've likely been won if not for a Mason Crosby apocalyptic-level kicking day (missed 3 FGs all under 50 yards + a 56 yarder + an XP) and the terrible fumbles didn't help either, and the final 2018 @Packers game was vs. Brett Hundley due to Rodgers being concussed in the first quarter. Hoping to make it 101 wins this Monday after all this nonsense.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

I guess the Cowboys are the biggest fakers of them all, along with the Rams. From 3-0 to 3-3 both of them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

I guess the Cowboys are the biggest fakers of them all, along with the Rams. From 3-0 to 3-3 both of them.

Indeed. I watched Rams first drive last night when they just ran the ball through the faces of the 49ers. I thought the Rams would win easy. Boy was I wrong.

49ers look really dangerous this year. I put a warning out for them last year, but Jimmy G got injured and I think it was a year too soon anyway. Now they look really stacked and might make a good push towards the Superbowl. 

the hell was that

• Like 1