nfl 2019-2020

Gromnir

Rough game for muh Boys. Outside of 1 touchdown drive, our offense did diddly squat all game. Quite frankly, the game should have been over much sooner than it was. The Saints offense moved the ball down the field consistently, they were just incapable of scoring touchdowns. Just a piss poor performance from Dallas and an injury (hopefully not serious) to Tyron Smith to boot.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

gotta say, we were shocked by the bears v. vikings. the bears were w/o two starting interior dl and their best lb and eddie jackson were hobbled, but still started. held the vikings and cook, who has been the nfl's best rb through early season, to 59 total yards in the first half and no scores 'til a late 4th quarter drive when bears were up 16-0. with defensive coaching change we weren't sure what to expect, but the D has actual been getting better every week in spite o' injuries and other losses. 6 sacks?

get hicks, r. smith and b. nichols back and bears will be the most boring playoff contender in the nfl, for no other reason than their defense will keep every game close enough that even their disappointing offense can at least compete. 

perhaps the bigger surprise is how jameis winston has been getting better every week and right now looks like a decent qb.

anybody got a bible handy? this has gotta be a sign of the Last Days, no? seas turn to blood kinda stuff? 

HA! Good Fun!

ps  am knowing the win were against miami, but the chargers... don't know what to say 'bout the chargers. a 2-2 start is not meaning the chargers is doomed, but we honest thought the chargers were the most balanced team in the nfl coming into the season. looked strong on both sides o' the ball... could compete with anybody and should beat almost everybody. been waiting for them to get their act together and am not sure we can count a win 'gainst miami as a sea change. 

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Packers D was almost invisible against the Eagles. King and Alexander were good, but other than that...

So going up against the Cowboys we will take another loss I'm afraid. The Cowboys are better on all areas compared to the Eagles, except QB, but Dak has been good enough at the start of this season. Sure, the Cowboys got banged up a bit last night, but so are the Packers. Add homefield advantage to Dallas and the Cowboys will win by 21 points. It won't even be close.

I hate this.

PS. I know it's a shocking thought, but doesn't the Lions look kinda good?

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

10 minutes ago, Mannock said:

PS. I know it's a shocking thought, but doesn't the Lions look kinda good?

the lions is the best looking 2-win team in the league. 

we rare comment before week 4 o' a season 'cause nowadays the first four games is kinda what the preseason were in past decades. with all kinda limits on contact and practices, thanks to collective bargain, the preseason is a joke, and it takes a few weeks to genuine figure out who is for real in the nfl.

am gonna need a couple more weeks, 'cause am honest not certain 'bout cowboys, packers, chargers, browns, ravens, rams, bucs, etc.

miami sux. is the one thing 'pon which am willing to stand.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

@Gromnir

Vikings @ Bears: I also expected the Vikings to play better given the injuries. Vikings seem to always play horribly at Soldier Field no matter how good those teams are, though. Chargers: They have so many bad and important injuries/absences that this is probably not as surprising as one might think. They did just finally get Melvin Gordon back, but they're a badly beat up team. Buccaneers @ Rams: Hell of a game. Thought for sure the Buccaneers were going to choke it, but they didn't.

Packers @ Cowboys: If Rodgers plays amazingly at Dallas as he always does, we'll have a chance, especially if we get a score or two ahead quickly, which will play to our strengths for pass rush and pass defense. If, on the other hand, the Cowboys get ahead by a score or two early, I have to agree that it won't be very close.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

If muh Boys play like they did last night the Packers won't have to worry about us getting out to a big lead against them, since that would require our offense to actually be productive, something we were incapable of. If all we're able to muster against the league's 24th ranked defense is 10 points (3 of which were gifted to us via interception), I shudder to think what we'll do against the league's 10th ranked defense. If the Packers can kick 2 field goals they'll be all set.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

4 hours ago, Keyrock said:

If muh Boys play like they did last night the Packers won't have to worry about us getting out to a big lead against them, since that would require our offense to actually be productive, something we were incapable of. If all we're able to muster against the league's 24th ranked defense is 10 points (3 of which were gifted to us via interception), I shudder to think what we'll do against the league's 10th ranked defense. If the Packers can kick 2 field goals they'll be all set.

packers defense statistically is arguable better than 10th rank as the 10 rating is based on yds per game. use points per game and packers is rated better than 10.  is only four games however, and one o' those games were 'gainst the bears offense.

'course the dallas defense is ranked 4th if we use points per game.

will be an intriguing game... perhaps more interesting before teams actual take the field as both teams has a whole lotta questions to answer and chances are one team is gonna answer positive and one will answer negative. 

equal likely outcome is a defensive struggle which will have most fans asleep by mid 3rd quarter.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
spelling fails

Well, yeah, statistics can be misleading. For example, muh Boys' offensive statistics are HEAVILY skewed by the fact that we faced nearly no resistance in the first 3 weeks. First we faced a Giants team that is now 2-2, but in week 1 had one of the worst performances by a secondary I've ever seen. Our receivers were consistently so open during that game that it had me wondering if the G-Men were fielding the full 11 out there. Week 2 had us facing a Redskins team that can be summarized with this one gif:

tenor.gif

Week 3 we faced a Dolphins team that is actively trying to go 0-16. The first time our offense met a defense actually trying to stop us, we wilted like a piece of lettuce in the oven.

giphy.gif

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Bradley Chubb's season-ending knee injury is 'huge loss' for Broncos

well that sux. he looked fantastic during his rookie year. now admitted, we didn't expect the sack explosion from the broncos this years some folks were wanting from fangio. the bears, as hard as it is to believe, blitzed less than all but two teams last year. even so, with miller and chubb, we thought by mid-year the broncos would have a better pair o' edge guys than even the chargers who got two o' the top ten consensus edge rushers in the entire nfl both on one team. von miller, all by his lonesome, is a top five guy after all. 

oh well. acl is no longer career end, and is only partial, so will need wait and see and hope for the best. 

>the bears, as hard as it is to believe, blitzed less than all but two teams last year.

When you can consistently contain the run and rack up pressures (combination of sacks, hits, and hurries) while only rushing 3 or 4, the guys that aren't going after the passer are dropping into coverage (and it also lets you successfully do stuff like have a QB spy the entire game against mobile QBs). Similarly, the Packer barely blitzed throughout the first three weeks this year (4th lowest rate) and got an insane amount of pressures (we were #1 - don't know after this week 4), which let us keep our defense in perpetual nickle and dime and make passing that much more torturous for our opponents. Of course, the Packers fell short in containing the run week 2 and 3, and the Eagles successfully abused that to all hell and made us look downright silly in week 4. But yeah, not having to blitz and still getting those pressures is a huge boon to pass defense.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Roquan Smith’s personal issue doesn’t keep him from Halas Hall

is kinda shocking that the nature o' the personal issue has stayed quiet. 

more significant, am wondering if kolton miller and trent brown, the starting offensive tackles for the raiders, are having genuine khalil mack nightmares this week.

HA! Good Fun!

The good news is that Tyron Smith's injury isn't season ending, it's a high ankle sprain. He's listed as week to week, but he definitely won't be playing against the Packers on Sunday. With that in mind, I'm predicting Green Bay 24 - 3 Dallas.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

49 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

The good news is that Tyron Smith's injury isn't season ending, it's a high ankle sprain. He's listed as week to week, but he definitely won't be playing against the Packers on Sunday. With that in mind, I'm predicting Green Bay 24 - 3 Dallas.

a high ankle sprain (grade 3) can take longer to heal than a break. 6-8 weeks for ordinary break and as much as 3-6 months for a high ankle sprain. is such a bs diagnosis w/o context.

is just one reason we quit playing college football. come at us with a needle and pills 'cause our sprain hadn't healed enough in a couple weeks? fudge you coach. 

HA! Good Fun!

ps am embarrassed to admit that what we got in common with rickey henderson and ab is not athletic talent but rather how we managed to get frostbite on our foot/ankle from an "ice" pack used to treat our high ankle sprain. technical were trainer's fault, but can't complete blame on her. same as rickey, we fell asleep with ice pack on and next thing we knew...

still have the ugly scars from the blisters to remind us o' our idiocy.

Edited by Gromnir
ps add

1 hour ago, Keyrock said:

As Gromnir pointed out, high ankle sprain is a nebulous diagnosis. From what I've seen in fantasy football, it's also something that usually cripples a player for the rest of the season even after they've "recovered" - takes until the offseason for it to heal fully.

As an aside, you know a game should be either great or terrible if fans of both teams are feeling pretty bad about their chances against each other, :biggrin:. (e): Also, Davante Adams is unlikely to play vs. the Cowboys, who is a bit of a Cowboy killer himself (at least, as I recall), so that should make you feel better...other players, including our starting RT, to be determined.

Edited by Bartimaeus

2 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Also, Davante Adams is unlikely to play vs. the Cowboys, who is a bit of a Cowboy killer himself (at least, as I recall), so that should make you feel better...other players, including our starting RT, to be determined.

I'd feel a lot better about our chances if a certain State Farm spokesman wasn't playing. ;)

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

10 hours ago, Keyrock said:

Stop it. You are just trying to un-jinx your own team. Sure you lost your LT but it won't matter much because you will be running the ball a lot. Zeke will gash the Packer D big and when they adjust, Dak throws it to Cooper or Cobb. Add homefield to that.

It will be painful to watch.

I looked at a chart of runs, and we're actually doing O.K. against runs to the right and up the middle - it's runs to the left (both inside and outside) that are disproportionately successful. Tyron Smith being out might actually be very helpful for us in containing the run game.

• Like 1

a1ewn5rnnkq31.jpg

?

• Haha 2

Our team's level of success seems to be super dependent on who scores a TD or two first.

As expected, muh Boys **** the bed. We beat up 3 crippled kids to start the season, then as soon as we faced anyone with fight in 'em, we curled up in the fetal position. I doubt we make the playoffs.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

1 hour ago, Keyrock said:

As expected, muh Boys **** the bed. We beat up 3 crippled kids to start the season, then as soon as we faced anyone with fight in 'em, we curled up in the fetal position. I doubt we make the playoffs.

I can't belive how the Cowboys wasted this game away. Even though everyone knew how poor the Packers are against the run, and the fact that the Cowboys have the best paid RB in the league, they still decided it was the right call to pass the ball a whole (even in the beginning when they weren't down that much). I mean come on. It's like they wanted to lose.

I'll take the win, for sure, I just can't belive how it was handed to us.

Lions next. Go Pack Go.

We have a head coach that couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag, yet has inexplicably headed this team for a decade. That's why we constantly arrive unprepared, give games away, and can't make adjustments.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

29 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

We have a head coach that couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag, yet has inexplicably headed this team for a decade. That's why we constantly arrive unprepared, give games away, and can't make adjustments.

Yeah, I heard he's on the last year of his contract. Would be shocked if the Cowboys doesn't have a new coach for the 2020 season.