nfl 2019-2020

Gromnir

An early win at your division's reigning champion's home is always a great win, no matter how ugly it may be. We had 19 pressures in that game - a little over double the 9 pressures we had vs. them in two games last year. Those defensive FAs we signed are paying dividends.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Do you think Mike Tomlin wakes up everyday and just thanks God that Antonio Brown is not his problem?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

At this point, he should get into the Hall of Fame for clearly being legendary at keeping all this nonsense under wraps. Just cut from the Raiders, I hope only bad teams are willing to offer him anything, and that it's not even close to what the Raiders gave him.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Yes.

Spoiler for language

firefox_2019-09-07_16-09-22.png

Edited by Bartimaeus

On the one hand, Belichick will make this work, because he always makes it work, and lord knows the Pats don't need any help to win their perpetually horrible division and return to the Superbowl. On the other hand, I'm glad Antonio Brown is off the market so that Uncle Jerry doesn't get any bright ideas. We have enough troublemakers on our team as it is.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Epic bed ****ting by the Skins in the second half. Speaking of bed ****ting, time for muh Boys.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Eli was fine. The problem for the Giants was Dak TORCHING their secondary. It's week 1, though, so this may not be indicative of how these teams will perform once the season is in full swing.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

On 9/9/2019 at 1:59 PM, rjshae said:

when-you-watch-football.jpg

not even 1 day.

Antonio Brown accused of sexual assault in suit

not gonna rush to judge. regardless, ab is a lightning rod for trouble.

not funny.

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Yeah, not saying that he did it...but holy cow, the amount of drama with this guy over the past few weeks makes other notable drama queens look like lightweights in comparison.

• Like 1

So after the Packers upset the Bears last week I felt full of confidence and thought the Vikings at home would be a breeze. Then I saw the Vikings manhandle the Falcons and now I'm all nervous again and feel like a loss is coming our way. The defence looked good of course but Rodgers and the rest of the offence were really bad, and the Viking's defence will be at par with the Bears.

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

I'm not feeling great about it, either - thankful it's at home and that we probably won't be snapping the ball with 0 on the playclock every snap like we were against the Bears (which is quite often disastrous for our offensive line play because the defense knows when the snap is and seems to get them into a wrecking rhythm). Really wish that little "facet" of our offense from years past had been solved.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Yeah, not saying that he did it...but holy cow, the amount of drama with this guy over the past few weeks makes other notable drama queens look like lightweights in comparison.

am not gonna link or repost, but we read the complaint which included preserved texts from ab to the plaintiff.

crude, vulgar and monumental stoopid.

even if there were no federal case, the texts going public would make us  a bit angry. weren't a pats fan previous to this, but can't root for them as long as they have ab on the team.

doubt anybody in the pats organization cares.

the roethlisberger incident is why we stopped rooting for the steelers, and that were hard. in part 'cause have known jack lambert since we were a sprout, we followed the steelers. have always been more o' a fan o' the defensive side o' the game, so would be tough not to appreciate the steelers over the last 50 years, but guys like the bus, dermontti dawson and hines ward were offensive standouts worthy o' weekly viewing even in the post chuck noll era.

the roethlisberger incident, when the da all but admitted that he thought ben were a bad guy who had done a terrible thing but 'cause o' realities o' the situation, and his own police functional sabotaging the case, prosecution were not viable, marked the day we stopped rooting for the steelers. could not moral square rooting for a team with ben on the roster.

cowboys, chiefs, pats and a few others is current in the same category for us. is impossible for us to ignore.

similar, haven't seen a new polanski film in decades. am literal waiting for polanski to die so we may finally see the pianist

read the ab texts. won't change anything for many o' you, but you should know the kinda guy you is cheering for, yes? 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

30 minutes ago, Volourn said:

If he is guilty he should be destroyed. If she is guilty she should be destroyed. End of story.

guilty o' what? whose standard o' guilt? you gonna leave up to the courts to decide for you? and keep in mind is civil litigation, which means is not guilt which the court would be assigning. am already knowing vol won't care what the nfl decides. 

legitimacy o' ab preserved messages to the plaintiff don't appear to be a matter o' controversy, which in our mind makes ab, at the very least, guilty o' crimes 'gainst the english language. moreover, am not able to think o' any situation or circumstances when such words would be appropriate. foul. vulgar. crude. vile. 

if had been Gromnir who sent messages, would we be able to explain self to our grandparents why such messages were anything other than damning? am not sure what is the true north for vol's moral compass, but whenever am unsure, we call up the ghosts o' our grandparents and ask 'em... metaphorical 'course, am not complete loony. grandma would weep.

vol is not gonna suggest the plaintiff were possible "asking for it"? 'course not. hope not. and even if the plaintiff were a world class grifter and liar, it wouldn't change what the messages says 'bout ab.

unless is proof ab messages is fake, then am o' the opinion ab is already guilty o' being a world-class dirtbag. answering in the affirmative the accusations central to civil suit itself would only have the possible result o' magnifying and cementing such conclusions.

answers to questions o' guilt and innocence is rare ending concerns 'bout right and wrong. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

Packers also 2-0 after two ugly wins. Any kind of win > any kind of loss (...outside of pyrrhic victories, I guess), but that 21-0 start made me think we were gonna blow the Vikings out.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

I'm trying hard to not get too excited about Dak's hot start. He looked spectacular in the first 2 games this season, but I have to remind myself that we played against a couple division 2 college teams. The Saints game in week 4 will be the first real test.

In other news, is it too early to start talking 0-16 for the Fins? Usually teams don't make it THIS obvious that they're tanking.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸