nfl 2019-2020

Gromnir

Well, if you consider him coming in last year as his "backup" phase (as he only started because of Winston being suspended) and then this as his "get paid" phase, it still sort of works. Dolphins probably hope he'll suck next year, as otherwise they'll be stuck with a mid-tier pick as they have been year after year after year (proof: 2007 was the last time they finished worse than 6-10).

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

at some point in the near future, we should see wonderlic scores for qbs, which will have folks juggling draft slot potentials once again.

of the top rated qbs, lock is the guy who most intrigues us. we liked how he looked at the senior bowl, but am not certain if we true like him or is simple a case we dislike the other guys projected as first round qbs to such a degree, lock is starting to look good to us. lock plays tough and reported did excellent in interviews when coaches tested his football iq.  even so, is not a guy who screams franchise to us. accuracy is pretty good, but not nfl fantastic.  

the qbs am actual interested in are thorson, finley and grier.  thorson and finley look like solid career backups who have potential to be a jeff garcia kinda guy.  garcia had four excellent years in the nfl: 2000-2001 and 2007-2008.  hurlshot's fave qb?  am only guessing as is san jose state and played for the 49rs. the thing is, garcia looked more like ed grimley than an nfl qb

4f531ba7aafda2743cde8769e165aaa0.jpgGAR101861.png

proved everybody mostly wrong 'cause he were accurate and played smart.  finley and thorson look more like nfl qbs than did garcia, but their arm strength sure ain't any better. both is smart and accurate and will not be first round choices.

grier is complete hit or miss, but take in third or fourth round makes more sense to us than take haskins or jones in first.

haven't paid much attention to pro days.  will need to review.  pro days mean less for qbs as is all complete scripted in the ultimate safe zone.  is the other positions which has a chance to better bad combine performances.  dbs and rbs who had a bad 40 at combine may much improve draft potential if they run well at pro day.  that kinda thing.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

My one college spring break experience had us driving across Mexico in a rental van, checking out all the beach towns on the Baja coast. We actually ran into Jeff Garcia at a bikini judging contest, and being fellow Spartans, we spent the rest of the night drinking with the guy. He became the starter for the 49ers the next year.

My one college spring break experience had us driving across Mexico in a rental van, checking out all the beach towns on the Baja coast. We actually ran into Jeff Garcia at a bikini judging contest, and being fellow Spartans, we spent the rest of the night drinking with the guy. He became the starter for the 49ers the next year.

I initially read that as "Jerry Garcia". After I realized my mistake your story got 60% less interesting. :p

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Clay Matthews to Rams and Randall Cobb to Cowboys.

Feels like the end of an era (especially if you think about Jordy leaving last season).

am not knowing what gb cap room looks like.  get rid of matthews, while no doubt emotional, looked likely even before the season ended.  cobb, on the other hand, is a bit o' a surprise.  yeah, even before the hamstring issue last year, cobb hasn't exact been a dominating wr for some time, but when healthy, he were the second best wr on the roster last year, and am not seeing jake kumerow as an equivalent exchange pickup. unless cobb were gonna be costing gb too much cap money, am not sure why they didn't push a bit harder to keep him.  adams (wr) and graham (te) are both excellent receiving targets any qb would be lucky to have, but graham will be in his tenth season and he did take some serious hits last year-- gonna need serious consider finding a te replacement soon. 

needs, not necessarily in order, would be ot, og, interior dl, another safety, another edge rusher, wr and possible a te.

dunno how aaron rodgers will feel if gb commits to rebuilding.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

am not knowing what gb cap room looks like.  get rid of matthews, while no doubt emotional, looked likely even before the season ended.  cobb, on the other hand, is a bit o' a surprise.  yeah, even before the hamstring issue last year, cobb hasn't exact been a dominating wr for some time, but when healthy, he were the second best wr on the roster last year, and am not seeing jake kumerow as an equivalent exchange pickup. unless cobb were gonna be costing gb too much cap money, am not sure why they didn't push a bit harder to keep him.  adams (wr) and graham (te) are both excellent receiving targets any qb would be lucky to have, but graham will be in his tenth season and he did take some serious hits last year-- gonna need serious consider finding a te replacement soon. 

needs, not necessarily in order, would be ot, og, interior dl, another safety, another edge rusher, wr and possible a te.

dunno how aaron rodgers will feel if gb commits to rebuilding.

HA! Good Fun!

I want to add that I am not at all surprised Packers didn't try to resign them. I guess they could have been resigned on team friendly deals but I think both Clay and Cobb were expecting to get some money on the market, and they clearly did.

I am not sorry however. Their production have been steadily declining the last few years and both have been hampered by injuries (even though Clay played all games last season, he still only got 3 and half sacks). It was definetely the right decision to let them go, but it's still emotional. Especially Clay.

They adressed a lot of their needs in FA, but the biggest need to me, if you just look at the current roster, it's definetely safety. They got Amos in FA which was good, but there's no good option for the other starting safety. But I think their plan is to fix that in the draft, possibly with the #44 pick.

Other than that I agree in basic with your assessment. They need another body in the O-line. Doesn't really matter if it's a guard or a tackle, cause the guy they signed in FA can play all positions along the line. Generally, Packers have been picking O-line players in the later parts of the draft and develop them. I think they will do the same this year, unless there is an obvious value pick.

Given the two Smiths they signed in FA as edge rushers I would agree interior DL is more of a need than the edge. I think they will go for one with the #12 pick, possibly Ed Oliver. This depends on one thing though...

And that is the TE position and TJ Hockenson. If he's still on the board at #12 I think they'll pick him. Why? Because they have been trying with FA for years to get a good TE going and the results have been poor (Cook was decent but they didn't manage to resign him). They have Graham now but his numbers last year were crap compared to what they pay him. So I think they will address this in the draft. Hockenson will be their #1 choice since he's such a good blocker, which they will be needing in Matt LeFleur's run scheme. Problem is, I think Hockenson has a high probability of going earlier than #12 and if so, they'll go interior DL at #12 and try to pick up a TE at #30, with Fant and Irv Smith Jr being the top choices.

That's my prediction at the moment. And I suppose you have to consider some team trying to trade up at #30 to grab a QB and Packers might go for that trade, and that messes everything up of course. But if no trades occur, this is my prediction for the Packers.

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

Cowboys expected to trade for Dolphins' Robert Quinn.

A decent addition. :thumbsup: Im glad to see how they are handling this off season as they usually get fleeced during free agency and resigning their own players. Dez Bryant…never the same again, Travis Frederick....give me big Joe Looney and 56M (28M guaranteed) back instead of this bum who will undoubtedly never be the same again, and now Demarcus Lawrence thinks he's Mack or Miller...trade him and draft a replacement.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

April Fools!

Yeah, see the hidden image at the bottom of my post. :p

Yes, Gronk did retire for real.

The Alliance of American Football is pulling the plug: http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/26423928/source-aaf-immediately-suspend-operations

Wow, most football leagues make it a season or two before they are found floating at the top of the bowl. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Have anyone taken a closer look at LB Devin White? He's by most people regarded as the top ILB in the draft but I saw yesterday a video on him where his poor tackling was pointed out. He tackles very high.

Anyone else noticed this? Isn't that a problem or is he highly regarded because his ILB competition (in this years draft class) is so poor?

Did anyone read the Bleacher report article about Rodgers and McCarthy? Some dynamite.

However, Jennings and Finley, their opinions were already known. And there was a lot of anonymous comments that felt a lot like school yard gossiping. So a bucket of salt to go with that.

Report: Demarcus Lawrence, Cowboys Agree to 5-Year, $105M Contract Extension.

Seems reasonable. Not hes got to get that shoulder worked on.

Muh Boys now need to shore up the secondary.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. Aaron Rodgers shot back at the Bleacher report article.

https://eu.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2019/04/08/packers-rodgers-rips-smear-attack-murphy-quote-defends-mccarthy/3405676002/

I know I'm biased, I love 12, but there was a lot of gossip stuff in the original article and stuff that has been known for quite some time, coming from the same two players as always. Aaron is certainly not easy to deal with all the time, but no one is liked by everyone. There's a lot of people coming to his support too. I'll side with my QB1 on this one.

New deal done for Russel Wilson according to the latest reports. Smart of Seahawks to get this done. Wilson is one of the best and he's only 30.

*edit*

And Wilson is now the highest paid player in the NFL.

*edit 2*

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001026538/article/russell-wilson-seahawks-agree-to-4year-140m-deal

Edited by Mannock

So that Kyler Murray fella turned down an additional $14 million from the Athletics. Gotta admire his confidence.

Edited by Leferd

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle