Patch Notes for 4.1.1.0034

Almost (ignoring intelligence):

1st hit: Stack curse duration =  6secs-resolve              [Minor net healing buff]

With High Resolve / Healing only Bonus (not Might), I expect the healing done to be a bit more on the plus side. 

But constitution afflictions will be detrimental.

By the way, speaing about new sublclasses, was Arcane Archer fixed at some point ?

What was wrong with arcane archer? Something broken or you just think it's underpowered?

For me the most serious issues were/are the broken summon scaling and the AoE weapons.

Agreed, this broke my playthrough that was largely based on your Citzal's Lance write up from a while ago on all the effects that Citzal's worked with for the martial classes.  I had started out Fighter (Devoted) / Bloodmage and got to about level 10 before realizing. 

Was able to salvage by respec'ing via the Unity console to a Monk, so turned the MC into a Sage and had a blast still.  

Would like to see this fixed overall for the AoE weps.

Yeah it was confirmed a bug (in the wake of fixing the gamebreaking AoE issues that were there before). Obviously the newly fix didn't make it into this patch because there were other priorities (mainly turn based issues it seems). Which is unfortunate for me (having a SC Beckoner in the party and his minions do royally suck atm). Ah well...

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

New player here. Just go to level 7 in Nekketaka and playing Turn Based.

Can someone explain to me what "Jump points" are and how it will affect my run?

Thank you.

You don't have to worry about. I think it only happens when boarding in shop2ship combat system. See here:

Notice how some enemies jump between the ships, instead of walking on planks? That doesn't happen in Turn-Based right now. I can't recall a place that would take place outside boarding.

• Like 1

You don't have to worry about. I think it only happens when boarding in shop2ship combat system. See here:

Notice how some enemies jump between the ships, instead of walking on planks? That doesn't happen in Turn-Based right now. I can't recall a place that would take place outside boarding.

One of the major fights in Beast of Winter has jump points as well, which are extremely crucial to utilize (depending on certain choices beforehand that might make them relevant). If you don't use them, it's going to take a while for your melee to rejoin the fight after heading down those paths, which might be especially crippling in turn-based if said melee lack mobility abilities.

Edited by Saito Hikari
  • Like 1

So is it intentional that Intellect increases Forbidden Curse duration and Might increases self-damage? I would really like to play a FF Monk for the sole reason that it actually makes Resolve valuable on a monk (mental discipline is supposed to be their whole thing) but having Intellect be actively detrimental is a two-steps-back situation for me.

Well it also allows you to stack more curses on top of each other = more bonus damage. If you have sombody who can heal very well (or multiclass with Paladin for Greater Lay on Hands+Exalted Endurance) or profit from Barring Death's Door it's a good thing.

But generally it's a bit eh, yes. Making a 3-INT Monk who then uses Ring of Mule's Wit makes some sense with a Forbidden Fist. ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I'd just roleplay my way out of it - greater knowledge of the pain and suffering you put on your soul and others by fisting - and I would argue that the class is likely still viable with high intellect.

Yes, it increases the curse duration. But the enfeeble is also increased.

Edited by Frak
  • Like 1

Nerf Troubadour!

AoE Fixing please Obsidian.

Effects only applie on one target.

It is a disadvantage because actually : damage is ok for AoE but not effects. So there is a gap of balancing. Few abilities are far less impressive without that. In the same time, FoD is a big winner in this case (= focus on the damage)

I confirm an old bug with deltro cage. I was with a R9 280 (4.0, I don't know since this time) and there was a bug. I have recently bought a RX 570, no more problems...

So perhaps it is the new patchs, or my new graphic card.

Edited by theBalthazar

For me the most serious issues were/are the broken summon scaling and the AoE weapons.

Are all summons broken or only specific ones? Can't seem to find details on this problem (but I know it exists after trying out lashing vine...yikes).

New player here. Just go to level 7 in Nekketaka and playing Turn Based.

Can someone explain to me what "Jump points" are and how it will affect my run?

Thank you.

Brief comment on your sig.  It seems to me that if I'm thinking something, then I don't have to wonder what I'm thinking because it is already me doing the thinking.  Hence, I do not need to wonder what I am thinking as I already know what I'm thinking... ;) Eh?  (Pretty funny sig, though.. ;) I liked it!  I enjoy that kind of sig as you can tell by my own.)

It's very well known that I don't make mistakes, so if you should stumble across the odd error here and there in what I have written, you may immediately deduce--quite correctly--that I did not write it... :biggrin:

Erm... it's a quote from the game. It happens during scripted interactions when you pick the option "Thoughts?" and then pick yourself instead of a party member.

OK, thanks--sorry for thinking it was an original notion...;)

It's very well known that I don't make mistakes, so if you should stumble across the odd error here and there in what I have written, you may immediately deduce--quite correctly--that I did not write it... :biggrin: