Stepped in to an "Old Town" from the wrong side...

Neketaka...upon discovering "Gullet" first time i immy went to an "Old Town" (by the elevator) to find a corpse of Biha's husband...

By killing everything there i learned there is no elevator anymore (i was warned by the guard they wont keep it long...but who cares?), i went further to the "Ruins" and then, entering "Crypt", NPC's are becoming 'red' attacking me.

Well, ok...i found a way how to stealth to a Delver's Row (elevator left upper corner) and...NPC's there are attacking me again, stealth is not working anymore (i mean it does but there is no possy to stealth through the first bunch of pirates) and...i dont know what to do now.

Before NPC's (pirates) are becoming "red" there is a kind of a dialogue (with Palegina's personal quest) where on my request to proceed further without any confrontation pirate answers "all questions to Dereo pls" which i physically cannot do AS THERE IS STILL NO ELEVATOR which can let me enter Dereo's Lair via Gullet...

Please dont tell me it means i'll fail "Dereo's" questline, as i think my savegame is overwritten already...

Thanks.

I'm not sure which pirates aggroes after elevator, because we need to know which instance you're talking about.

1) There is the elevator from the Gullet to the Old City. That's the one you took first.

2) There is the elevator from The Undercroft to Delwers Row. I assume that coming from the Undercroft you might aggro the pirates guarding that elevator above, In Delwers Row. But if you can manage to not aggro them, you are golden enough to enter Dereos Hideout, via The Narrows.

3) Anyways, In the Undercroft, there is a boat. This will mean serious sneaking as the boat is somewhere to the east, near the pirate fort. That boat gets you out without aggro.

Edited by Frak
  • Like 2

Nerf Troubadour!

This is exactly the way it happened to me the first time I played. It'll prevent you from using the pirates to feed the Roparu so you'll have to use the Dawnstars or the Queen to complete that quest. It will not stop you from being able to complete Dereo's questline. You will lose rep with the pirates for every pirate you kill however.

When you take the elevator to Delver's Row, if you don't have clearance from Dereo then the guards in Delver's row may aggro. Killing them is of no consequence. I've done it this way myself. Everyone else in Delver's Row will not aggro.

Edited by AeonsLegend
  • Like 1

I have done the same on my first playthrough, though I don’t recall having issues. I think I talked to the leader of the Undercroft (Mad Morena) and continued a quest line I already had which required me to talk to her.

Not 100% sure, but I don't think you get that option if you enter the area from Old Town. I think it only triggers from Delver's Row. So going that route will prevent you from being able to talk to her.

I have done the same on my first playthrough, though I don’t recall having issues. I think I talked to the leader of the Undercroft (Mad Morena) and continued a quest line I already had which required me to talk to her.

Not 100% sure, but I don't think you get that option if you enter the area from Old Town. I think it only triggers from Delver's Row. So going that route will prevent you from being able to talk to her.

If so, then that certainly wasn't the case at launch. 

Well, about that boat...it is not possible to reach it w/o confronting bunch of pirates unfo...

So you are abt to chose whether to kill 1 bunch at Delver's row (u will get -5 rep after killing them which means 20-30% overpriced items in the area) or another one on yr way to this boat (as...in order to talk/get access to Mad Morena you need a quest fm Enoi, otherwise her people will simply attack you...)

That's how it is. Seems like it is better to do it in a different way, i.e. enter Delvers Row via Gullet...