RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Gorth

In the grim darkness of the very near future, there are only live services.

There is still GOG, and thousands over thousands of hours of games available with no online component. Enough stuff to fill my hobby for few lifetimes.

EA, Ubi and others can shove their live services in The Place, where the Sun, Never Shines...

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Best way to enjoy games: stay away from the internet.

Amen. Especially stay away from people's personal "reviews."
I stay off YouTube when a game I deem worthy of purchase comes out, mainly because I want to avoid spoilers.

Additionally I've learned to avoid talking about a given game that I'm really looking for to on forums and Facebook because someone usually has something negative to say and it's usually people who have no idea what they're talking about or an extreme bias which makes their opinion irrelevant.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

In the grim darkness of the very near future, there are only live services.

There are independent developers.

Speaking of which, The Game Bakers announced their new game, Haven. Judging by the screenshots, there are combat and VN elements.

I enjoyed their first game (Furi, boss rush with bullet hell elements; it took 2 attempts to get into, but it was worth it), so whatever genre Haven is, it'll be good.

Edited by Hawke64
  • Like 2

Remember a couple of years ago when SureAI made another total conversion mod for a Bethesda property in their ongoing series called Enderal? Were you like me and interested but didn't want to go through all the trouble of manually downloading the mod? Good news, it's now available on steam as a mod.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/933480/Enderal_Forgotten_Stories/

• Like 1

Best way to enjoy games: stay away from the internet.

Amen. Especially stay away from people's personal "reviews."
I stay off YouTube when a game I deem worthy of purchase comes out, mainly because I want to avoid spoilers.

Additionally I've learned to avoid talking about a given game that I'm really looking for to on forums and Facebook because someone usually has something negative to say and it's usually people who have no idea what they're talking about or an extreme bias which makes their opinion irrelevant.

Yup. And Steam user reviews are the worst. I've never taken their reviews into account when trying to decide on buying a game. It's so very obvious most of the negative reviews are coming with an agenda.

Remember a couple of years ago when SureAI made another total conversion mod for a Bethesda property in their ongoing series called Enderal? Were you like me and interested but didn't want to go through all the trouble of manually downloading the mod? Good news, it's now available on steam as a mod.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/933480/Enderal_Forgotten_Stories/

Yeah this game I may actually play and finish (I have it downloaded), unlike Skyrim itself which I quit in the middle of my first playthrough and never returned to it.

The only videos about games I watch on YouTube are Joseph Anderson's. It's refreshing to see an author and skilled player give games an evaluation. That makes his approach different enough to be worthwhile even if some of his videos are long. Really. Long.

Well and Summoning Salt's documentaries, but these aren't reviews.

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Nice! That is pretty cool, an author of novels giving thoughts on games. I'll check those out :)

https://youtu.be/J6X27sPdTcs

^Just came across this (Age Of Wonders Planetfall trailer)

Age Of Wonders: Guardians Of The Galaxy edition lol I'm interested, I just read the Steam store page and I like wgat they're doing. Might just bite.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

They own FO 1 & 2 as well right? One rumor on youtube is a remaster bundle for every title from FO1 to FONV. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Bethesda Todd Howard: "As a way of saying sorry for Fallout 76, we give you....

F2P Fallout Battle Royale!!! Enjoy!"

:dancing:

• Like 1

Oh God, let's hope they did not touch Fo1/2 in any way.

Would be sort of fun to watch the paroxysm of rage that would ensue.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

They wouldn't need to change the old games, just make a version that is compatible for modern OS or even consoles is possible. Kids today don't know what they missed. 

Besides a re-release of FONV might even help OBS. Creatively speaking that was one of their finest hours. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

But Bethesda doesn't put much work into their re-releases, so whatever it is, it's probably going to be disappointing. Just look at the Skyrim remaster, which was... kinda pointless... well, at least for pc users. Now that I'm thinking of it, a re-release of FNV in a modified engine could hurt the modding community a lot, because it'll split and lots of stuff won't ever get ported over to the new release.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Besides a re-release of FONV might even help OBS. Creatively speaking that was one of their finest hours. 

Bethesda could even use this opportunity to fix the engine bugs, or just integrate the mountain of community fixes into the game...

/tries to keep a straight face

giphy.gif

• Like 9

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The only videos about games I watch on YouTube are Joseph Anderson's. It's refreshing to see an author and skilled player give games an evaluation. That makes his approach different enough to be worthwhile even if some of his videos are long. Really. Long.

He's -way- too good for some of his assessments to really be applicable to me, but it's certainly interesting to see viewpoints of a person with that kind of skill (I mean... Damn.) Thank you for pointing him out.

Resi 0, 1 and 4 will be released on the Switch soon: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-02-25-resident-evil-0-1-and-4-get-nintendo-switch-release-dates

They own FO 1 & 2 as well right? One rumor on youtube is a remaster bundle for every title from FO1 to FONV.

Yes, they do. I wouldn't be surprised at this point since Planescape: Torment and Baldurs Gate are getting console releases.

I wouldn't mind getting a Fallout 1 & 2 platinum at all...good gosh am I cheap!

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

i would be happy if we can get F1 and F2 in Fallout Tactics engine :(

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

The Linux port of X4: Foundations is here. It's considered beta right now.

*insert joke about Egosoft games being pre-alpha at full release*

As a long time fan of the series, I'm pretty excited to once again begin building my galactic industrial and mercantile empire, which will ultimately fund my massive war fleet.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

i would be happy if we can get F1 and F2 in Fallout Tactics engine :(

Back in the days I always used to tell a mate: 'Fallout 3 will probably be like Fallout Tactics but more story/rpg driven'.

A prime example of what I would consider 'wishful thinking'. :)

• Like 3

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.