RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Gorth

So that Far Cry New Dawn game that people were whining about, ya know saying silly stuff like "Looks like an expansion/dlc" is getting similar reviews by critics and better customer feedback when compared to Metro Exodus.

To be honest, I did not see that coming and it's still hard to believe but we can't argue with the masses/genral reaction of consesus.

That said, I still have no desire to play it because I loathe the "flowers covering everything" look lol Still, kinda surprised about people saying "My favorite Far Cry game" when all Far Cry games (minus the bery first one and Primal) are great.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Probably the most impressive indie studio working at the moment.

Team Cherry is terrific. I would also put Failbetter Games, Image & Form Games, and Mimimi Productions into the top shelf indie category.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

CDPR: "We're not about the money, we're about making a product we love and letting everyone play it - regardless of if our take is less"

They have a point. Why soend years to make something if less people will be able to play it? Is the trade off in proffit worth it?

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

CDPR: "We're not about the money, we're about making a product we love and letting everyone play it - regardless of if our take is less"

They have a point. Why soend years to make something if less people will be able to play it? Is the trade off in proffit worth it?

besides they own GoG, so why even bother

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

From the comments section by YongYea: "For those pointing out this should be obvious given CD Projekt Red has GOG, keep in mind that Ubisoft has UPlay and still made a deal with Epic to exclude Division 2 from Steam, so it's good to know something like that won't happen with Cyberpunk 2077."

• Like 1

I think selling 2077 on consoles is going to be a more lucrative strategy than gaming the PC market anyways. Steam is the largest share, GoG is the optimal payout. No need to sign any exclusive deals; getting on more distribution platforms the better.

• Like 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

From the comments section by YongYea: "For those pointing out this should be obvious given CD Projekt Red has GOG, keep in mind that Ubisoft has UPlay and still made a deal with Epic to exclude Division 2 from Steam, so it's good to know something like that won't happen with Cyberpunk 2077."

Noone likes UPlay, people kinda like GoG

Kinda seems dumb that anyone would even think they'd limit their game to the Epic Games Store given they own their own platform and I don't think they've ever limited their games to it.

Thronebreaker was GOG exclusive for ~a month before being released on steam. And while not quite the same thing if you buy CDPR games anywhere other than steam you get a GOG key, not a steam one. OTOH I doubt Epic could offer CDPR enough money to make 2077 Epic Store exclusive, not really their style and it would involve far too many toys coming out of cots from the steam === PCgaming crowd.

We aren't Bobby's target and never have been, shareholders are. And they love that sort of thing. Bobby has zero bonks to give for gamers, so long as he get their money.

Edited by Zoraptor

Doesn't really seem that stupid, he's about making money which is what game companies are in it for.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I like Kotick, he's like Trump but with an IQ above 80.

Wait... popularity equals IQ now? I honestly wonder which one is richer and more successful through facts of life.

Interesting... but I never said popularity equals wealth or success through facts of life.

Let me guess, you're going to argue with me that I did, I'll ask you where exactly I said it and you'll try your best to convince me that I wrote something that never existed - as per usual.

Edited by SonicMage117

GoG and Steam for me on PC. It is worth noting that CDPR could pull a **** move and release Cyberpunk 2077 on GoG/Console only if they wanted to. Of course they will never do that because... *drum roll*

...it's anti-consumer.

Couldn't Epic Games put all that money and effort into a new Unreal Tournament or a new single-player Unreal game instead?!

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

GoG and Steam for me on PC. It is worth noting that CDPR could pull a **** move and release Cyberpunk 2077 on GoG/Console only if they wanted to. Of course they will never do that because... *drum roll*

...it's anti-consumer.

Couldn't Epic Games put all that money and effort into a new Unreal Tournament or a new single-player Unreal game instead?!

Unreal will never have single player only game, be realistic :)

and there actually is new UT 'in progress' and its kinda fun TBH, but arena shooters are not selling right now, they would have to compete with Battle Royale and it seems everyone needs BT now (but UT could actually be decent BT when I think about it)

Edited by Chilloutman

Interesting... but I never said popularity equals wealth or success through facts of life.

You mean like nobody said that popularity equals IQ?

You should stop the guessing, you are pretty terrible at it. 

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods