RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Gorth

... And lacks any quality of life features that Blades of Shogun has, so if you're interested in getting into the genre, actually starting with Commandos might be a good idea because going back after Blades of Shogun is damn near impossible, unless you have Commandos ingrained in you by hundreds of hours imposed on you by Dumb Kid school of time management.

Quality of life features, bah.  Crutches for the weak!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Found out there are some remakes of Caesar III, one of which is browser based - https://epicport.com/en/caesar3

And the other one is on Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/327640/CaesarIA/

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I like that "cutting edge technology" heralded camera footage from a UAV :p

• Like 1

We'll see how mant gamers will be there in week or two. Artifact had also crazy start, but 95% of players are now gone *shrugs* still IMO objectively from what I've seen, it is first EA game in ages, which looks fun to me.

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I think Artifact died on its monetization tho, we'll see how will this hold up - and ... Right? I was never interested in Battle Royale games but Apex actually looks half-decent. ... I'm still not going to play it, but I'm closest to playing one yet!

• Like 1

Artifact died because you could buy the game, sell your cards and then refund the game.

Keyrock explained this in detail a while ago but damn, did a simple exploit kill a game?!

Apex Legends needs online friends and I don't have any. Other than that, it looks great. It looks more mature compared to Fortnite so that is a win for those who are looking for such a thing. It is also free. PUBG and Black Ops 4 cost something around 60 bucks each.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Between Nioh, Sekiro, and Tsushima we are entering a renaissance of feudal Japan games. Only need Ninja Gaiden to come back now.

There have been several Edo period rpg games on Steam where I think I might like them .... but unfortunately I don't read/understand Japanese and they do not have any English support. Might get away with that for a total action game but .. :/

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Between Nioh, Sekiro, and Tsushima we are entering a renaissance of feudal Japan games. Only need Ninja Gaiden to come back now.

How would it come back thought? They messed it up pretty bad with NG3. Another reboot? Set when and where? Can't really imagine it would work well in feudal japan setting. The made Nioh for that.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I was never interested in Battle Royale games but Apex actually looks half-decent. ... I'm still not going to play it, but I'm closest to playing one yet!

That sums my feelings about Apex Legends up better than I ever could have.

Apex Legends needs online friends and I don't have any.

From what I've seen it actually doesn't. The "tell" system is so good that unless you want to really play competitive you seemingly don't need a microphone. Jim Sterling was rather positive about the game (barring the monetization: because lootboxes, obviously) and that's one of the things he praised especially heavily.

^ how could you guys forget about The Last Ninja.

Hahaha, I was just watching Miami Connection(Rifftrax).

Against the Ninja *sings*

I know right!

There are quite a few Ninja games worth mentioning on Steam...

Aragami

Mark Of The Ninja

Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z

Shadow Blade: Reloaded (How do you reload a blade?)

To name a few. Oh.. does "Party Hard" count? It has more Ninja mechanics than most ninja games.

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

All the buzz about the Resi 2 remake has me salivating at the possibility of a Code Veronica remake.

I bought the remaster for the PS3 a while ago.

Alternatively, there is also the PS2 port which was released for the PS4, complete with trophy support and a 1080p resolution boost.  /endofadvertisement 

But goddammit, Resi 0 is such. a. drag. and I just can't find the motivation to finish it, but I have to. I am currently at the Observatory, trying to open that darn capsule by -you guessed it- swapping items with Rebecca via the mini lift. 

Urrrrghhh. 

The war between Epic and Steam continues.

Origin and GoG, where ya at???

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Does the Code Veronica remaster still have tank controls? That's my main reason for wanting a real remake, I don't care about nicer graphics that much (though I would welcome a graphical upgrade), I just can't see myself playing the game with tank controls again. I'm not going to put myself through that PITA again.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It will likely offer options to play with classic modern controls or modern casual controls just as RE1 Renastier so I wouldn't worry about it.

Wait, there was a remaster or REmake?

Code Veronica X got a Remaster for the PS3 and a port for the PS4.

I am guessing that the tank controls are there because it is not a remake.

I could test the PS3 version but not the PS2onPS4 one.

EDIT: Okay here is some info I found on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/residentevil/comments/6b5l0b/code_veronica_ps2_classic_on_ps4_vs_remaster_on/

The PS3/360 game is a port that is rendered at 720p and the PS4 release is an emulated (not ported) PS2 game at 1080p. The in-game textures have not been updated in either version, so the resolution mainly affects the presence of jaggies, and the models are low poly by today's standards anyway. Even at 720p, the PS3 game resolution looks fine on a 1080p or 4K TV. I wouldn't worry about the native resolution when deciding on a version in that sense.

What does look quite a bit different, resolution wise, is anything 2D in the game. All of the on-screen text, and all of the icons in the item menu look better on PS3, and pixelated on PS4. If you ever played the PSX games on PS3, the text and icons look more or less like that, if you had the PS3 smoothing option turned on to reduce the pixelation a bit.

The other advantage of the PS3 version is that it correctly renders in widescreen. Probably not a dealbreaker for most people here, but it's a difference.

The final point is probably the biggest difference, but a matter of opinion as to whether it gives the PS3 or PS4 version a leg up. The lighting and color of the game is quite different on PS3/360 compared to all other releases. For that version, last gen, they adjusted the lighting engine to give the game a darker feel. There seems to be a filter/shader that gives the game a bit of blur in some areas, and maybe some bloom effect? I think the darker look works well for some areas, like the prison (especially with the lighting as the guns fire). But the Palace and other areas look a bit too dark, IMO.

Just watch some gameplay videos on youtube for each version and decide what you like better. Neither version will look amazing, graphically, now.

Pretty stupid that the emulated PS4 version ends up as the inferior version. So if I were Keyrock I would stay away from it.  :cat:

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1