RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Gorth

Start of old thread
End of old thread

I have games installed from almost all clients. Uplay, Origin, GOG, Steam and Epic Store. It isn't optimal, but it's not the end of the world. I also have some non-DRM Humble Store games.

I don't have many, but I also bought some games directly from some developer websites.

A bit in the same boat. I've got GOG, Steam and Origin games (the latter being a few Bioware games).

Also a lot of games from Gamersgate, although I guess download clients and updaters in the end won out,

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

^ Still just Steam for me ... I mean I buy games from GoG too, but I don't use their client. I don't have any serious issues with other clients existing (I have no loyalty mantra with Steam, they're just the one I used first - because, Obsidian/FO:NV, which for at least a year was the ONLY game I had on Steam), but I just can't personally be bothered.

There are very few games on the other clients/digital store options I care about anyway and I can do without them well enough. I suppose if there are ever dozens of games on other clients that I really really wanted, I might bother then. In the meantime...I just don't think about it is all. I barely think about Steam either. :disguise:

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

^ Still just Steam for me ... I mean I buy games from GoG too

Same for me, I'm on everything but Steam will always be my go to for pc gaming. Nothing will match it social aspect, which let's face it, is just as important in games as storywriting and gameplay.

Plus, Steam having the biggest, most diverse and versatile catalog puts it even more on the forefront for me, rather than having a catalog that only caters to specific demographic.

Seems like the Game News thread has turnwd into yet another Steam vs World thread, not uncommon but we can repeat our likes and dislikes for the 100th time I suppose :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

We interrupt this video game client/store flame war to bring you this game that comes out on Tuesday:

Now back to your regularly scheduled flame war.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I haven't caught up with the previous thread in a while, was there a flame war? :p

I did use YouTube last night to look at a fair number of "upcoming 2019/2019 releases" and most of the ones I saw were, imo, same ol' same ol. Nothing that just leaps out at me, at least.

I also noticed that Subnatica has a new EA for basically Subnatica:frozen version. I still haven't played the first one, but I do like the ice environment more than anything tropical-ish.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Gamers rose up and won!!!!

Always amused at how long these raging YouTube neckbeards spend to say so little.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

See folks? It pays for gamers to get angry and speak out. Similar thing is going on with other devs/publishers who did the Epic excluvity deal. We pretty much knew this was going to happen though.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Gamers rose up and won!!!!

Always amused at how long these raging YouTube neckbeards spend to say so little.

Throwing a fit about someone throwing a fit. It was funny to watch the entire thing to be sure.

Jim Sterling, of all people, covered the thing in the most level headed way (and also articulated quite well what the problem is with the entire Epic deal without even having to go into the total lack of features of the Epic store or terrible reputation of Epic and its current owners).

It seems Jim also was the only one that didn't feel the need to drum up additional drama by attributing a ragepost by a single dev to the entire studio.

Either way, nothing's changed for those of us not interested in supporting underhanded business deals.

EDIT: in case anyone actually cares. It turns out the 4a Games apology for the raging dev was actually written by their publisher as per: https://www.reddit.com/r/metro/comments/amrtja/a_statement_from_4a_about_the_epic_games_store/efojo7s/

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 2

Someone should be reasonable and tell that single dev that he doesn't get to decide ****, so it's extra stupid to throw a fit...

But the fact that their publisher has made a unhealthy decision still stands and it makes me want to...stay away from the game. I'll buy it once it's 15 bucks or so.

So yeah, I love it when devs/publishers make a purchase that much easier to deal with.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

well the most sad thing aroud this that devs will be the ones punished by lowered sales and publisher will be blaming them for making bad game... Well should have thinked twice before making that deal with thme in first place

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Such is the world of video game development. You want to make a game, you need a publisher and guess what: you have to dance to their tune because they are investing actual money in your project.

Decisions, decisions...if only you could restart life with a new life+, just like the Yakuza games.

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

-snip-

So uh, what is this? :p
From what I've read it's a political intrigue thriller that takes place over the span of 4 hours in a single building in real time with events happening with or without your involvement.

I just realized it comes out on March 5th not February 5th. I guess it got pushed back a month. Doh!

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

moron video

Why do you keep posting **** videos from this moron? He's almost on SM117 level >_<

Careful, you'll make him release a video on "Obsidian Forums trying to SILENCE me!" :p

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

moron video

Why do you keep posting **** videos from this moron? He's almost on SM117 level >_<

everyone have his own tastes, I don't see anything wrong with this one tho, no Idea what SM117 is...

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

We need a new rule, to at least summarize the salient bits of those stupid "news regurgitation" videos. Or better yet, disallow them in general. We should keep this as news, not speculation and personality pundits.

agree about summary, at other hand, noone is forcing you to click on them... disallow means ban right? You just want to control other people, how... normal of you :)