This is a hellwalker monk. When pause and rest at 0 o'clock, you can keep food and rest bonus at the same time as far as I knew, which would be a bug.

This is the 2nd time I have seen someone hint at a "pause" tactic to rest and keep food bonuses etc.  In both cases the phrasing has been weird and it has not been explained clearly (at least for me) -- what does "pause and rest and 0 o'clock" mean, in pratice?

In the no-rest run thread, someone said you could "pause" before resting at shrines, and I tried it but could not get the results of not having the shrine overwrite the other bonuses / lose no-rest bonuses.

Beyond this, I still don't get exactly what's going on here.  Boeroer said he's using blade turning to deflect melee attacks, so we're staying a single class monk can do enough damage with his fists between blade turning attacks to take down the Ooze so quickly?  And then presumably somewhere at the end he hits resonant touch to finish it off?  And then spams WoW with the stalking cloak to chain stun the split oozes while he kills them all so quickly?  I'm just sort of stunned because the other vids I've seen of people soloing this boss make it seem so long/tedious and we're saying a single monk can do it this fast and can do Doro in 5 minutes? Just makes me wonder WTF I have been doing on Tac/Bloodmage or Thaumature ....

I ran a dual-blunderbuss monk through SSS with a full party, and he still had trouble with certain fights (like the ones with ever-increasing giant boars), so I'm just scratching my head a bit here.  *Shrug*

This is a hellwalker monk. When pause and rest at 0 o'clock, you can keep food and rest bonus at the same time as far as I knew, which would be a bug.

This is the 2nd time I have seen someone hint at a "pause" tactic to rest and keep food bonuses etc.  In both cases the phrasing has been weird and it has not been explained clearly (at least for me) -- what does "pause and rest and 0 o'clock" mean, in pratice?

In the no-rest run thread, someone said you could "pause" before resting at shrines, and I tried it but could not get the results of not having the shrine overwrite the other bonuses / lose no-rest bonuses.

Beyond this, I still don't get exactly what's going on here.  Boeroer said he's using blade turning to deflect melee attacks, so we're staying a single class monk can do enough damage with his fists between blade turning attacks to take down the Ooze so quickly?  And then presumably somewhere at the end he hits resonant touch to finish it off?  And then spams WoW with the stalking cloak to chain stun the split oozes while he kills them all so quickly?  I'm just sort of stunned because the other vids I've seen of people soloing this boss make it seem so long/tedious and we're saying a single monk can do it this fast and can do Doro in 5 minutes? Just makes me wonder WTF I have been doing on Tac/Bloodmage or Thaumature ....

I ran a dual-blunderbuss monk through SSS with a full party, and he still had trouble with certain fights (like the ones with ever-increasing giant boars), so I'm just scratching my head a bit here.  *Shrug*

I have done the Ooze as well, but it took me 15 mins to kill him. Around 5 mins for the big one and i ****ed it up a bit, cuz one pair of oozes merged back together, so i lost maybe 3-4 minutes, but i clearly can not do it within 2 minutes. Blade Turning only lasts about 8 seconds and if you **** up once, it's mostly game over with my dumped down CON monk.

There are some topics like “best class”,“best lvl8&9 power“ and “best solo build”,recently. I think they all have the same answer: single class monk.

My friend “八两” have finished his ultimate monk build, killed The Voracious Mountain in 2 min.

The same build could also kill Dordugan in 5 min.

https://m.youku.com/video/id_XNDA0MzgxMjQyMA==.html

Single class monk is really overpower and need a quick nerf in my opinion.

Kill Dorudugan really quickly, yes. Able to tank him? I see no way a single class monk can tank Dorudugan. The only way I could see it work is use the Grog pet (you are immune to engagement) and kite Dorudugan's attacks which pretty much makes you unkillable. Downside to this is that it can be quite tedious microing everytime Dorudugan is about to attack.

Kitchen Stove will be a really good weapon considering it has higher accuracy (due to being one-handed) than Frostseeker and shoots 4 projectiles rather 3. Build Resonant Touch until 550 stacks and bye bye Dorudugan.

Yes summon and Frosterseeker. with this build, 400stacks is enough. A good tactic AI will save lots time.

True, summoning will be a lot easier than microing to dodge every attack of Dorudugan. Kitchen Stove is better. That's weird? I've been testing it just a week ago and 500 stacks (at 35 might) and Dorudugan still has a sliver of health left. I do it at 550 stacks just to have some leeway. 400 stacks should not be enough. 

I had 31 might and 700 stacks were not enough, he had a fraction of hp left, so i think 750 is enough. But after you use resonant touch, your fps drop to 2-3.

The Dev gave me this command to have a Dorudugan with accurate stats so this is what I use, LaunchRandomEncounter RE_Helfire_Construct

At level 20 with 35 might, it should be at around 550 stacks to blow him up. 

On PotD Upscaled? Because i tried it with 600 stacks (bloodied) and 700 stacks (fraction of hp) and 31 Might.

Any suggestions for Belranga? I think about Greater Maelstrom scrolls for the mobs and Long Pain, when she starts to attack in melee mode.

yep, POTD upscaled. You just do the same thing as Dorudugan. Stack resonant strikes and detonate. But before that, take out some spiders until Belranga's deflection is low enough. I would switch some gear too so the small spiders deal -75% damage to me and have some healing. Also leave some spiders infront of you and Belranga should not be able to melee you. After that, it's pretty much GG

There are some topics like “best class”,“best lvl8&9 power“ and “best solo build”,recently. I think they all have the same answer: single class monk.

My friend “八两” have finished his ultimate monk build, killed The Voracious Mountain in 2 min.

Kill Dorudugan really quickly, yes. Able to tank him? I see no way a single class monk can tank Dorudugan. The only way I could see it work is use the Grog pet (you are immune to engagement) and kite Dorudugan's attacks which pretty much makes you unkillable. Downside to this is that it can be quite tedious microing everytime Dorudugan is about to attack.

Kitchen Stove will be a really good weapon considering it has higher accuracy (due to being one-handed) than Frostseeker and shoots 4 projectiles rather 3. Build Resonant Touch until 550 stacks and bye bye Dorudugan.

Yes summon and Frosterseeker. with this build, 400stacks is enough. A good tactic AI will save lots time.

True, summoning will be a lot easier than microing to dodge every attack of Dorudugan. Kitchen Stove is better. That's weird? I've been testing it just a week ago and 500 stacks (at 35 might) and Dorudugan still has a sliver of health left. I do it at 550 stacks just to have some leeway. 400 stacks should not be enough. 

I had 31 might and 700 stacks were not enough, he had a fraction of hp left, so i think 750 is enough. But after you use resonant touch, your fps drop to 2-3.

The Dev gave me this command to have a Dorudugan with accurate stats so this is what I use, LaunchRandomEncounter RE_Helfire_Construct

On PotD Upscaled? Because i tried it with 600 stacks (bloodied) and 700 stacks (fraction of hp) and 31 Might.

Any suggestions for Belranga? I think about Greater Maelstrom scrolls for the mobs and Long Pain, when she starts to attack in melee mode.

yep, POTD upscaled. You just do the same thing as Dorudugan. Stack resonant strikes and detonate. But before that, take out some spiders until Belranga's deflection is low enough. I would switch some gear too so the small spiders deal -75% damage to me and have some healing. Also leave some spiders infront of you and Belranga should not be able to melee you. After that, it's pretty much GG

Belranga was pretty easy =) Only 11 Minutes haha ;D

But i still don't understand, why my Dorudugan needed so much more to kill.

Belranga was pretty easy =) Only 11 Minutes haha ;D

But i still don't understand, why my Dorudugan needed so much more to kill.

try out the command I gave you. You should only need 550 stacks at 35 might level 20 potd upscaled. 

I don't think there is something unusual in this monk besides massive stack of food and drink (picture), i would not be suprised if he went whole nine yards and stack every meal and drink in Eora :) i have hard time to stack shrine blessing. Abilities are visibile, from passives i suspect Bull, Bear, Snake, Razor Edge, Enervating Blows, Heartbeat Drumming, Prestige, TWS, Rooting Pain, Lesser Wounds, for sure some others too.

https://imgur.com/a/OJXQSGI

and clever AI settings

Edited by Waski

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

As I commented above, the whole stack-shrine-blessing and or stack-food by using "pause" has never been clearly explained. I also commented this in the no-rest thread where it also was teased with no explanation, and ppl said they couldn't reproduce it.

My guess is they're just using a mod/cheat to enable multiple "unstackable" buffs and use "pause method" as an excuse to seem legit.

brasilgringo, try to trigger event with the shrine. I did it this way.

I could get the shrine bonus to stack with 1 food bonus if I trigger the scripted events - I wrote about it in the no-rest thread.  But if there's multiple food stacking or multiple shrine stacking, I can't get that to work.  Even doing 1 shrine scripted event after the first one, the second one still overwrote the first shrine buff (but not the food buff).

brasilgringo, try to trigger event with the shrine. I did it this way.

I could get the shrine bonus to stack with 1 food bonus if I trigger the scripted events - I wrote about it in the no-rest thread.  But if there's multiple food stacking or multiple shrine stacking, I can't get that to work.  Even doing 1 shrine scripted event after the first one, the second one still overwrote the first shrine buff (but not the food buff).

You should get Rikuhu's Blessing first and Ngati's does not overwrite it later, when you sing along with the people in the scripted event there. At least for me it worked.

• Like 1

Once I've stacked two food bonuses and Good Food Better Friends, don't know how. But it was few patches ago.

Personally stacking food bonuses for me is crossing the border for role play, I can justify to stack blessing with food and maybe drink on top of that if I could but nothing more.

Edited by Waski

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

Can anyone share their build for a helwalker single class monk for solo POTD? Maybe not for soloing megabosses, but able to solo all DLC fights. I've seen Nalpazca builds but this video is the first time I've seen someone solo with a helwalker, and it inspired me to try one.

Can anyone share their build for a helwalker single class monk for solo POTD? Maybe not for soloing megabosses, but able to solo all DLC fights. I've seen Nalpazca builds but this video is the first time I've seen someone solo with a helwalker, and it inspired me to try one.

*not my video btw, but the guy here pretty much got his inspiration from what we talked about in the threads here. 

Edited by giftmefood

Thanks for the video, seems like single class monk is a hard counter for HP sponge bosses with dance of death + dichotomous souls + resonant touch. Is there a link that shows how to set up those massive AOE explosions with AOE weapons + turning wheel/stunning surge?

I was testing out a Hellwalker build based on ideas in this thread, but seems very squishy even wearing patinated plate and using the +CON power (vs. +INT).  Groups of mobs do very high damage very quickly, like the Fampyrs in Cave.  For fire dragon, even stacking 18 Fire AR, i couldn't melee him due to eating his wound attacks (didn't see an easy way to constantly interrupt) -- had to stay at range with Essence Interrupter to beat him, with the Oozes blocking him.  I saw the OP had 600+ hp so perhaps I haven't stacked CON enough (I had about 400).  What's the secret?

I was testing out a Hellwalker build based on ideas in this thread, but seems very squishy even wearing patinated plate and using the +CON power (vs. +INT).  Groups of mobs do very high damage very quickly, like the Fampyrs in Cave.  For fire dragon, even stacking 18 Fire AR, i couldn't melee him due to eating his wound attacks (didn't see an easy way to constantly interrupt) -- had to stay at range with Essence Interrupter to beat him, with the Oozes blocking him.  I saw the OP had 600+ hp so perhaps I haven't stacked CON enough (I had about 400).  What's the secret?

Watch the video I linked to Darkly. 

Thanks for the video, seems like single class monk is a hard counter for HP sponge bosses with dance of death + dichotomous souls + resonant touch. Is there a link that shows how to set up those massive AOE explosions with AOE weapons + turning wheel/stunning surge?

you literally just equip two hand mortars and use stunning surge. you gain + 10 int with turning wheel so your hand mortar aoe becomes bigger. so when you use stunning surge it hits in a big aoe, stunning mobs for a loooong time. and since you will be aiming a bunch of mobs, you are bound to crit hence you can keep spamming stunning surge. 

i would actually say double hand mortar stunning surge combo will deal with mobs better than double hand mortar whispers of the wind. 

@brasilgringo what lv are You? I've just redid that fight with fire dragon (I have save just before ashen maw, lv20 PotD up). Stole that cloak first and equip, fist+Grave Calling and she died without me using any healing. Got her to near dead with WotW and it was enough to explode her with resonant touch.

Edit. It was even easier than first time, didn't get a wound.

Edited by Waski

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg