There are some topics like “best class”,“best lvl8&9 power“ and “best solo build”,recently. I think they all have the same answer: single class monk.

My friend “八两” have finished his ultimate monk build, killed The Voracious Mountain in 2 min.

The same build could also kill Dordugan in 5 min.

https://m.youku.com/video/id_XNDA0MzgxMjQyMA==.html

Single class monk is really overpower and need a quick nerf in my opinion.

post-227301-0-71417900-1549121141_thumb.jpg

Edited by undead_lee
  • Like 3

dunno. I keep going back to try to watch it again, but having to sit thru the Chinese video ads is killing me lol.

He's got a lot of self-healing coming from somewhere .... also I'm amazed at how much damage he is doing, even just on the first megaboss ooze ... Given how hard it was for other people to solo this boss, including to stay alive (on things like Tactician/BloodMage), i'm just curious if other folks can break this down.  Is it possible this is not PoTD upscaled?

Yes - Whispers of the Wind makes you invisible and thus you get the Bushwack bonus for all attack rolls.

He's usng Blade Turning against the melee attacks a lot which is good. Receiving no melee dmg meand no need for healing. And he builds up a lot of Resonant Touches with fast fist attacks. 

Against few targets Whsipers of the Wind + Resonant Touch can be really good when using dual blunderbusses. Every target ususally gets 8 stacks of Resonant Touch per jump (means ~200 raw dmg) - and as long as there are two targets the jumping will not stop prematurely. The damage done by WotW (+Powder Burns) alone is great but not enough to kill bosses. But then hit Resonant Touch and it's usually over... 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

dunno. I keep going back to try to watch it again, but having to sit thru the Chinese video ads is killing me lol.

He's got a lot of self-healing coming from somewhere .... also I'm amazed at how much damage he is doing, even just on the first megaboss ooze ... Given how hard it was for other people to solo this boss, including to stay alive (on things like Tactician/BloodMage), i'm just curious if other folks can break this down. Is it possible this is not PoTD upscaled?

There is a moment when defences of ooze are visible so if you want You can fight thru and compare if it is PotD. Healing looks like two greater regen rings and whiteleaf with dawnstar blessing maybe?

edit. Just download it if You want rewatch

Edited by Waski

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

What i don't understand is, how he can cast WotW so often? You need 5 wounds and you ain't generate them through damage anymore or? Nalp gives you +1 wound each 3 sec.

And the F/R/W defensens are a bit odd. Even with a scroll of circle of protection i don't get it that high, especially for will.

Edited by baldurs_gate_2

Don't know how he's doing it, but with Dance of Death you get a wound every 3 secs, if you are a Nalpasca 2 every 3 seconds. Add any form of damage (including self through Hylea's Gloves or whatever) and you'll have plenty of wounds all the time.

So while executing Whispers (which can last quite some time) you can already gain 2 wounds, maybe even 4 without receiving any damage.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

What i don't understand is, how he can cast WotW so often? You need 5 wounds and you ain't generate them through damage anymore or? Nalp gives you +1 wound each 3 sec.

And the F/R/W defensens are a bit odd. Even with a scroll of circle of protection i don't get it that high, especially for will.

Keeper of the Flame+Ajamuut's Stalking Cloak+Shark Soup

Flails damage everyone, cloak stun everyone, and soup give stun immunity to himself.

As for will defense, 20base+57lvl+50int(35int)+10bull's will+20scroll+res(if anymore bonus)=157. This one is a hellwalker btw.

Edited by undead_lee

What buffs can he have? You can pause 1:31 and see a lot of alcohol buffs (?), bit strange. Later (I think) it's ajamut cloak in action (stunt from stealth/invisibility), known combo with whispers.

This is a hellwalker monk. When pause and rest at 0 o'clock, you can keep food and rest bonus at the same time as far as I knew, which would be a bug.

There are some topics like “best class”,“best lvl8&9 power“ and “best solo build”,recently. I think they all have the same answer: single class monk.

My friend “八两” have finished his ultimate monk build, killed The Voracious Mountain in 2 min.

Kill Dorudugan really quickly, yes. Able to tank him? I see no way a single class monk can tank Dorudugan. The only way I could see it work is use the Grog pet (you are immune to engagement) and kite Dorudugan's attacks which pretty much makes you unkillable. Downside to this is that it can be quite tedious microing everytime Dorudugan is about to attack. 

Kitchen Stove will be a really good weapon considering it has higher accuracy (due to being one-handed) than Frostseeker and shoots 4 projectiles rather 3. Build Resonant Touch until 550 stacks and bye bye Dorudugan. 

Flails damage everyone, cloak stun everyone, and soup give stun immunity to himself.

As for will defense, 20base+57lvl+50int(35int)+10bull's will+20scroll+res(if anymore bonus)=157. This one is a hellwalker btw.

But in the picture, he has activated iron wheel, otherwise i can not explain the hit points he has.

Edited by baldurs_gate_2

Kill Dorudugan really quickly, yes. Able to tank him? I see no way a single class monk can tank Dorudugan. The only way I could see it work is use the Grog pet (you are immune to engagement) and kite Dorudugan's attacks which pretty much makes you unkillable. Downside to this is that it can be quite tedious microing everytime Dorudugan is about to attack.

Kitchen Stove will be a really good weapon considering it has higher accuracy (due to being one-handed) than Frostseeker and shoots 4 projectiles rather 3. Build Resonant Touch until 550 stacks and bye bye Dorudugan.

Yes summon and Frosterseeker. with this build, 400stacks is enough. A good tactic AI will save lots time.

But in the picture, he has activated iron wheel, otherwise i can not explain the hit points he has.
I can ask him for more details. If it is me, I will use int buff for longer invisibility. Hp is not that important with this tactic.

Yes summon and Frosterseeker. with this build, 400stacks is enough. A good tactic AI will save lots time.

True, summoning will be a lot easier than microing to dodge every attack of Dorudugan. Kitchen Stove is better. That's weird? I've been testing it just a week ago and 500 stacks (at 35 might) and Dorudugan still has a sliver of health left. I do it at 550 stacks just to have some leeway. 400 stacks should not be enough. 

True, summoning will be a lot easier than microing to dodge every attack of Dorudugan. Kitchen Stove is better. That's weird? I've been testing it just a week ago and 500 stacks (at 35 might) and Dorudugan still has a sliver of health left. I do it at 550 stacks just to have some leeway. 400 stacks should not be enough.

I can ask for more details. As for melee, battlemage and arcane knight are much easier in my opinion. You just need 167def and 166for for cri immune, summon flank, dodge most of cleav and prevent its self healing by moving away(Deleterious Alacrity of Motion). A simple adventurer with good gears and food buff is good enough to solo dordugan in melee.

I can ask for more details. As for melee, battlemage and arcane knight are much easier in my opinion. You just need 167def and 166for for cri immune, summon flank, dodge most of cleav and prevent its self healing by moving away(Deleterious Alacrity of Motion). A simple adventurer with good gears and food buff is good enough to solo dordugan in melee.

If you gonna do that, you might as well just run a melee helwalker (more damage) and use the pet grog. Same thing, dodge the attacks while deal damage. No need for tanky stats. 

I had 31 might and 700 stacks were not enough, he had a fraction of hp left, so i think 750 is enough. But after you use resonant touch, your fps drop to 2-3.

I had 31 might and 700 stacks were not enough, he had a fraction of hp left, so i think 750 is enough. But after you use resonant touch, your fps drop to 2-3.

The Dev gave me this command to have a Dorudugan with accurate stats so this is what I use, LaunchRandomEncounter RE_Helfire_Construct

At level 20 with 35 might, it should be at around 550 stacks to blow him up. 

The Dev gave me this command to have a Dorudugan with accurate stats so this is what I use, LaunchRandomEncounter RE_Helfire_Construct

At level 20 with 35 might, it should be at around 550 stacks to blow him up. 

On PotD Upscaled? Because i tried it with 600 stacks (bloodied) and 700 stacks (fraction of hp) and 31 Might.

Any suggestions for Belranga? I think about Greater Maelstrom scrolls for the mobs and Long Pain, when she starts to attack in melee mode.

He's got a lot of self-healing coming from somewhere .... also I'm amazed at how much damage he is doing, even just on the first megaboss ooze ... Given how hard it was for other people to solo this boss, including to stay alive (on things like Tactician/BloodMage), i'm just curious if other folks can break this down. Is it possible this is not PoTD upscaled?

There is a moment when defences of ooze are visible so if you want You can fight thru and compare if it is PotD. Healing looks like two greater regen rings and whiteleaf with dawnstar blessing maybe?

edit. Just download it if You want rewatch

I thought it was Ring of Prosperity Fortune (crit ring) and some other ring (the silver one) I don't fully recognize.  From the picture, the silver ring looks like Kuaru's Prize, which maybe he is using just for the stat bonuses (+1 Int, Per) and not for the 5% spell damage buff: https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Kuaru%27s_Prize

Footprints of Ahu Taka sandals?   What are the gloves, maybe Dungeon Warden?  Cape?

Edited by brasilgringo