Btw, regarding Ring of Thorns. You find it OP?

As for prone - i don't know, how you will further reduce 1 sec. vanilla duration (basically, 1 sec - it's the time for animation). So you should somehow add prohe immunity (OP?) or completely change the effect. As for Stunned - we have MIght Resistance effect in Deadfire, so this is not crucial for me.

But my main concern is +3 Dex. In PoE 1 it's was fair top tier enchantment, becose of stacking rules. In Deadfire, you can easily stack Ring of Thorns (+3), Pyromant Gloves (+2), pet bonus + something else on top (Konstanten's room +3 DEX) to gain a +9/10 base DEX bonus without Inspirations. Too. Much. :no:

Edited by Phenomenum

Pyromant Gloves? Ha! Gauntlets of Swift Action! :)

As for pet... Abraham/Cutthroat (on MC) + Nalvi (on Eder) is one of the best speed options, unless you really need that reflex (from DEX).

But yeah, I understand) The existing Pensiavi mes Rei even if provides +3 attr, at least has no other bonuses.

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1

Pyromant Gloves? Ha! Gauntlets of Swift Action! :)

Yep) Forgot about that. Mmm... charge the decent price for Penciavi and Gloves :grin: They must cost a fortune.

As for druin ring. I would to make it myself, but don't know how. + i really busy with my Russian Fix - want to polish and finally leave it alone.

Edited by Phenomenum

Hey, great work! I am surprised that no one else had done this already.

If the OP or anyone else is interested, I already have most of the accessories from the original game completed so you can just take my code and use them in your own mod to save yourself the work. I'm hesitant to release them myself at the moment because it is part of a bigger mod I'm working on including enchanting, crafting, Durgan reinforcement, POE1 spells/abilities including Scale-Breaker, Watcher abilities, greater reactivity, etc. so I'm holding out but seeing as others are doing this already I might as well give these out so save people the effort.

https://pastebin.com/eV2U0A6V - items.gamedatabundle

https://pastebin.com/q6Fs84gX - abilities.gamedatabundle

https://pastebin.com/5RcypSjr - attacks.gamedatabundle

https://pastebin.com/r1411hRX - statuseffects.gamedatabundle (part 1)

https://pastebin.com/J9BrCYnB - statuseffects.gamedatabundle (part 2)

(Exceeded limit for paste so seperated them into two parts, they are one file.)

The images I am using come from someone who uploaded the original icons on NexusMods so if you download those it will be compatible.

Note that most of the accessories that have itemmods modifying attributes and armor should probably be rebalanced to fit the current game since the max ranges has been reduced. This is something I haven't done yet so atm they are pretty overpowered.

Also, Viettro's Footwear generates the "Spirits" item that isn't included in what I uploaded.

Oh my :)

Thank you, it will definitely save me some time, even if I intent to transfer only a part of them to Deadfire)

If it's not a secret, how much time did it take to do?)

Edit:

There should be one more file with itemmods, no?

I am looking at Back_Tax_Collectors_Mantle, and can't find the referenced itemmods:

- "b6d34c19-9e7c-4ec8-aee7-d005f1690cf0",

- "8400d6b0-6d65-40e2-ae62-5b4c28b95eaf",

- "05856625-a9ff-4935-b48d-cedc52fec6b9"

Sorry man, I was sleepy when I posted that so I completely forgot to post the itemmods.

https://pastebin.com/6qjNrwPz - itemmods.gamedatabundle

It should all be there + possibly a few artifacts from other stuff I still haven't figured out (Berzerkers Belt and Boots of Zealous Command don't work). Voice of the Mountaintop gives 50% (for testing purposes- should be 20%, but then again, 20% of area of circle is very minimal so 50% should still be okay). Needless to say you can change it to whatever. The focus increase for Mindmarker Amulet works for both traditional ciphers and psions by using two diff. status effects which are selectively applied (this should be a good buff to psions). The Cloak of Many Feathers btw, will only work if players have SSS installed since it uses the prefab for one of the capes in that DLC.

It took me a few weeks to get them all in.

• Like 2

Any chances that some of the Soulbound's from POE1 could be included? Stormcaller, Unlaboured Blade, St. Ydwen's Blade etc. (in general any of them with normal requirements, not like Ryona's Breastplate which would be rather difficult to replicate). Thanks in advance!

Sorry man, I was sleepy when I posted that so I completely forgot to post the itemmods.

No worry :) I've already created the itemmods for the items I need.

It took me a few weeks to get them all in.

Oh my...

Btw, there is a strange feeling when you want to play the game, but haven't finished the mod you want to play with yet)

Any chances that some of the Soulbound's from POE1 could be included? Stormcaller, Unlaboured Blade, St. Ydwen's Blade etc. (in general any of them with normal requirements, not like Ryona's Breastplate which would be rather difficult to replicate). Thanks in advance!

The chances are... but for nearby future are quire low.

The main intention of this mod was to add a few accessories from PoE1, because of:

- there is relative lack of accessories in Deadfire

- nostalgia

- amulets and rings need no models. As for cloaks, headgear and footwear it is usually possible to find a similar model among already existing ones.

Additionally, the accessory has to satisfy a few conditions:

- to not be OP, as the intent is to add items that can complement and round some specific builds, but at the same time do not outshine the current top-tier options for majority of builds.

- to not be to plain. A simple +1 resolve ring, won't do much.

Now back to your suggestion related to PoE1 armors and weapons.

I think it would make most sense, if Watcher could pay some specific NPC (think of Captain Thaenic from Deck of Many Things, Ignato Castol of VTC, and alike) to send an expedition by sea to Dyrwood.

Let's say you give them:

- a letter to your steward (or some responsible left at Caed Nua),

- some ring of authority (e.g. Gathbin's Signet)

- a ship or 20000 gold

And after 2-4 weeks of ingame time, they bring several PoE1 weapons or armors (in whichever state they are)

But... I have no idea how to do it :)

So if you have some pointers...

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1

Now back to your suggestion related to PoE1 armors and weapons.

I think it would make most sense, if Watcher could pay some specific NPC (think of Captain Thaenic from Deck of Many Things, Ignato Castol of VTC, and alike) to send an expedition by sea to Dyrwood.

Let's say you give them:

- a letter to your steward (or some responsible left at Caed Nua),

- some ring of authority (e.g. Gathbin's Signet)

- a ship or 20000 gold

And after 2-4 weeks of ingame time, they bring several PoE1 weapons or armors (in whichever state they are)

Well, it will be nice if you can sent one of your team members. Like adventures in Stronghold.

You give em ship with sailors, money etc. end sent to the Dyrwood. Selected member will be "busy" for some days/weeks. In the end he went back with some random thing from PoE 1, and gain +N additional experience (this is important, becose for now all companions lefted at ship gain only 75% of your XP and difference in level might be significant  - you can reach 20 level, but some of your companions still only 16 level). Stronghold adventures was nice becose some bonus XP.

• Like 1

Yeap, that's also a good idea :)

While Pallegina and Maia might deny leaving Deadfire, Serafen (or sidekicks) would likely agree.

In either case, that's at least some use for that sloop, once you buy a new ship in Neketaka.

Edited by MaxQuest

It is possible to do at least some of what you mentioned. You will need to create a .globalvariables file and make some new variables, e.g., b_SendExpeditionAvailable. Then you need to create a .globalscripts file. The globalscript (and expression if you want to use that) will evaluate whether it is possible to send expedition based on ship availability, money available, b_SendExpeditionAvailable = 0 or 1. If 0, then it sets it to 1, deducts the money, and then you use "CallGlobalScriptAfter..." ...30 days or whatever, calling another globalscript that will generate a lootlist containing the items you want into a container of your choice or party stash, reset the variable to 0 (to allow the first globalscript to be available again), and also generate a popup for the player saying the expedition is complete. If you send a party member, there is a script that will set their status to "away" (and you would reset their status on the second script that is called after n days). To avoid repeats, you make global variables for each possible loot reward, and in the lootlist object for rewards, you set individual conditionals that prevent them from being outputted if they are 1, while using dataeventscript component on the item object itself to set the variable to 1 on recieved. This part is definitely possible to do (except for disabling the ship, I am not sure that is possible short of removing the ship- not sure if this is possible either).

Implementing it in dialogue and choosing the party member to send is the part I am not sure about. I think it should be possible to write in new dialogue but the conversation bundles are super tedious to figure out that I personally wouldn't want to touch them myself. It also seems that unlike the other files you can't partial overwrite or make insertions into conversation bundles either, the entire thing has to be overwritten so it is "risky" to mod them since future patches might incl. changes in those files.

• Like 1

As requested, I have added more items.

v1.1.0 brings 10 extra accessories:

• Coil of Resourcefulness (belt)
  • Crossed Patch (headgear)
  • Tax Collector's Mantle (cloak)
  • Telda's Ring (ring)
  • Ring of Selonan (ring)
  • Seal of Faith (ring)
  • The Ring of Wonder (ring)
  • Girdle of Maegfolc Might (belt)
  • Girdle of Driving Wave (belt)
  • Cloak of Tireless Defender (cloak):
Do note though:

- priest and wizard rings were downgraded to +2 total spell usages, in order to better match the 2-per-encounter vs 4-per-rest limit of Deadfire vs PoE1.

- Girdle of Driving Wave, provides 1-per-encounter "Improved" Knock Down. It is the same as usual fighter's Knockdown but has prone duration of 4s instead of 1s. For reference in PoE1 Knock Down had 5s base duration; so if you feel that 4s is not enough - feel free tell it.

For more information check the mod page: here

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/2/2019 at 2:51 PM, Dr. Hieronymous Alloy said:

hellwax mold! Hellwax mold!

Ring of the Selonan, Telda's Ring, Seal of Faith

Tall Grass

Sanguine Plate

The Disappointer

edit: I just realized this post came off as somewhat peremptory, I was just too enraptured by the prospect of the mod and started spamming my keyboard with excited utterances. 

Yes, I'd love to see Helwax Mold! ;)

Other selections you listed are also nice.