What's your favorite class, single or multi, and why?

1.  Heralds because they can solo most of the game.

2. Helwalker/Ascendant.  Amplified waves do mass damage and mass prone.  You can spam them once you ascend and Helwalker increases both damage and range of Amplified Waves and time of ascension.  Mind blades and Echoplastic Echo are high damaging early game spells.  Disintegrates massacre bosses (and you only need to hit once to get its effect).  Arguably one of the top Damage builds in the game.  

3.  30 Con 35 Might Dwarf Helwalker Monks in heavy armor with Whispers of the Wind.  They're a tank with 16 armor that does lots and lots of damage.  

Edited by Marigoldran

+10 might from Helwalker.

+10 Con from Iron Wheel

+4 Might from Tenacious Blows.  

Start with 20 Con and 18 might, add in some item or food that provides might and there you have it.  You don't even need to max might if you can get enough items to boost might, saving points for Per.  

Dump Res so you can keep Per reasonable like 14-16 or something.  Int at 10 or maybe even 9.  Dex at 10.  

Edited by Marigoldran

Whispers of the Wind doesn't care about armor recovery.  That's part of the reason why it's so OP.  

Get 5 wounds.  Bam! Whispers of the Wind.  That aggros enemies.  They attack your monk.  By the time he's recovered, he's got 5 wounds again.  

Then another Whispers of the Wind.  

Furthermore, with your 30 Con and 16 armor you can take a whaling (which will also give you wounds for more Tenacious Blows, Resonant Touches, and Whispers of the Wind).  

Edited by Marigoldran

I'm having a lot of fun with Helwalker/Streetfighter.  Open up with something that get's you powderburns and flanking penalty and then you go to town fisting your enemies to death.  By the time powderburns wears off you should hopefully be bloodied.  Then you spam crippling strike and finishing blows.  With Dirty fighting, Uncanny luck, Swift Flurry and Heartbeat Drumming your opponents just explode

If you don't get bloodied it's because the fight was too easy anyway.  This paired up with a priest with Barring Deaths Door and Salvation of Time

I love fisting squishy backliners, they just explode in a shower of goo....I usually don't get to use finishing blows on them because they are already dead or almost dead just by using a crippling strike.  This build is either Painkiller or Speedfister....haven't decided on a name yet.

- Beguiler (single class - better spamming than Ascendant, awesome CC)

- Monk (the versatility when it comes to char building is unmatched - also great single class)

- Barbarian (one of the best single classes - see PL 9 shouts; also great multiclass passives)

- Debonaire ("WTF???" you say - but 100% crits on all charmed enemies is so much fun to play with. Run around with Beguiler).

- Druid (everything in one package)

This is just a momentary snapshot.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I've done a lot of restarts, so my perspective is from low-level only

But I quite like chanter.

1) They have self-replenishing resources, which means that a fight can be won through attrition. I like that aspect.

2) They are very versatile and have group support. This is a major boon for me. As long as you don't expect to be the rogue-like striker, they can adapt to different combat conditions through different phrases, invocations.

3) I somehow like the singing/bard aspect. Maybe because we all know the power of good music from ourselves.

4) You can be almost any trinity-role. Tank, healing, AOE-damager. You choose!

Druid, priest or wizard can also fill these shoes though. Almost. Druid gets a bigger vote from me than the other two, due to the nature aspect and shifting.

• Like 1

Nerf Troubadour!

My favorite has been Warlock (Berserker/Wizard or /Evoker) for some time now since I've always dug hybrids and casters with a maniacal bent. It's fun to swap between casting spells and fighting in melee, and this one has a lot of speed through Frenzy, Fleet Feet, Bloodlust, and Blood Thirst. Grimoires offer a ton of flexibility, letting you choose different roles depending on the situation - you can go from a fast nuker to a Citzal's powerhouse. I typically invest in Wizard buffs while leveling and use Zandethus' Dragon-Scaled Grimoire or Ninagauth's Teachings as my grimoire of choice (Draconic Fury is super good with this mutliclass). For gear, I use the Fire staples like Magran's Favor, Sun and Moon Flail, Ring of Focused Flame, etc., Casita Samilia's Legacy (for the aggressive RP), defensive stuff like Voidward, and a pet with Abraham, Nalvi or Otto Starcat's bonuses.

I'll start combat with the SSS axe to turn Tenacious into Energized for interrupts (pairs well with Interrupting Blows), then buff with Infuse with Vital Essence, Fleet Feet, defensive spells, then Frenzy. I'll swap to Magran's Favor and Sun and Moon Flail, and go to town with fast, fiery strikes and frenzied flames: Fan of Flames on the frontlines; Fireball for mid-range strikes; Leap plus Torrent of Flame during ship encounters and trash encounters; and of course, Draconic Fury for longer fights. Fleet Feet lasts forever at higher levels and lets you rush in like Raistlin Majere and Brock Samson did the fusion dance.

All in all it's a fun package that I've never gotten tired of - wish I could say the same for my precious Seer.

Edited by Ophiuchus
  • Like 1

On a side note: it would be nice if the game had offered the choice of experience splitting ratios for multiclass characters - perhaps at the cost of pl.

Opening up pl8 abilities in one class at the cost of pl7 abilities in the other would have, imo, really fleshed out the multiclassing system.

Sure, but since it would leave only 1 PL for Single Class, I would suspect this to be slighly OP. Mayble PL 8 should cost both PL 6 & 7 and even limited access to PL 5 (a single pick). Many classes have incredible goodies at lower levels (sneak attack, FoD, Duality, Frenzy, defensive illusion, Devotion...)

Single Class Shifter is my personal fave in this game. Well. To bemore precise: Its big fun playing it but - cough - its even more fun modding it into the exact spot i want the Shifter to be. It has been nearly five months since i started this journey and - well, well - there are still a lot of ideas that are waiting for manifestation. :)

Edited by Harpagornis
  • Like 1

On a side note: it would be nice if the game had offered the choice of experience splitting ratios for multiclass characters - perhaps at the cost of pl.

Opening up pl8 abilities in one class at the cost of pl7 abilities in the other would have, imo, really fleshed out the multiclassing system.

Like D&D dual classing?

Fighter/Wiz

RogueWiz

Pali/Wiz

Monk/Wiz

...all gain great defensive and offensive buffs from Wiz, added staying power from martial class, and competent melee abilities

Fighter/Druid

Monk/Druid

Rogue/Druid

Defensive abilities of Figher or Con boost from Monk are great for ahiftibgbor casting.

Pali/Chanter

Fighter/Chanter

Defensive staying power from Pali/Fightet, while constant resource gen from Chanter. Adding Tactician subclass in Fighter is a resource animal for long megabiss fights.

Pali/Cipher

Fighter/Cipher

Good combo of staying power, resource generation, and nasty spells

Sure, but since it would leave only 1 PL for Single Class, I would suspect this to be slighly OP. Mayble PL 8 should cost both PL 6 & 7 and even limited access to PL 5 (a single pick). Many classes have incredible goodies at lower levels (sneak attack, FoD, Duality, Frenzy, defensive illusion, Devotion...)

It would definitely need some balance - certain combinations would indeed be op. But IMO, the base game is too easy, while some of the mega bosses can force you into specific builds and playstyles. More options would infusion some creativity and increase replay value.

Edited by certainkindoffool