Ranged: Helwalker/Ascendant.

Tank: Herald (Paladin/Troubadour).

Healer: Lifegiver Druid

Magic: Single Class Ascendant Cipher for Driving Echoes and more Amplified Waves

Melee DPS: High Con, single class Helwalker Monk (you'll need the Con to stay alive.  helwalker guarantees you'll have more then enough might to do massive damage).  

Strategy:

Keep ciphers alive until they ascend (within 10 seconds of fight start).

Spam amplified waves 

Win.  

Not only are you doing massive foe only AOE damage with amplified waves, you're also proning the enemies.  This means the enemies never get to do anything once your ciphers ascend, until they're dead.  

Also, with a single class cipher in the party, you can also give Driving Echoes to your Helwalker Cipher and Druid, giving their spells +8 pen.  Your "healer" is suddenly a nuker with Great Maelstorm.   Furthermore, to generate focus for the pure cipher, you can give your monk Reaping Knives.  

Edited by Marigoldran

A 3 man team that will easily carry you all the way to the 4 megabosses:

Single Class Barb

Single Class Chanter 

Multi-Class Priest/Paladin

How it works:

Retaliation Barbs (pick human for better synergy) have one of the highest if not the highest DPS in-game due to the fact that they pretty much insta-attack without recovery. Add an Estoc (Blade of the Endless Path is the best Estoc simply for the crazy accuracy buff and enemy deflection debuff) to that and lower your deflection (using the modal) further down to 55 deflection and you'll be proccing it pretty much all the time. Shroud of the Phantom + Effigy's Husk + Effort is pretty troll too against mobs. But if you want to destroy a durable single target enemy, the use Blade of the Endless Paths. 

Priest is used for Barring Death's Door + Salvation of Time to have infinite Barring Death's Door on our Retaliation Barb. Priest also has some nice buff spells. I multi-classed it with Paladin so we can beef up our Priest to have excellent durability. It's pretty much a utility, healing, buffing tanky asf bot. 

We have a pure chanter because we need his brilliance invocation so the priest can keep spamming SOT on the BDD'd Barbarian. It lets our Barb spam Barbaric blows too but the crazy thing is, his main damage source is still the retaliation attacks despite Barbaric Blows being pretty damn strong. 

So now we have a Barb comfortably sitting at 1hp, not dying and has a damaging 2H weapon doing insta attacks... It's simply game-over for the enemy. 

Edited by giftmefood

Single Class Barb

Single Class Chanter 

How it works:

Retaliation Barbs (pick human for better synergy) have one of the highest if not the highest DPS in-game due to the fact that they pretty much insta-attack without recovery. Add an Estoc (Blade of the Endless Path is the best Estoc simply for the crazy accuracy buff and enemy deflection debuff) to that and lower your deflection (using the modal) further down to 55 deflection and you'll be proccing it pretty much all the time. Shroud of the Phantom + Effigy's Husk + Effort is pretty troll too against mobs. But if you want to destroy a durable single target enemy, the use Blade of the Endless Paths. 

Priest is used for Barring Death's Door + Salvation of Time to have infinite Barring Death's Door on our Retaliation Barb. Priest also has some nice buff spells. I multi-classed it with Paladin so we can beef up our Priest to have excellent durability. It's pretty much a utility, healing, buffing tanky asf bot. 

We have a pure chanter because we need his brilliance invocation so the priest can keep spamming SOT on the BDD'd Barbarian. It lets our Barb spam Barbaric blows too but the crazy thing is, his main damage source is still the retaliation attacks despite Barbaric Blows being pretty damn strong. 

So now we have a Barb comfortably sitting at 1hp, not dying and has a damaging 2H weapon doing insta attacks... It's simply game-over for the enemy. 

Which builds would you add to that to make it a full 5 man party? Thanks for the reply eventhough it wasn't 100% what i was looking for it's still really cool.

Ranged: Helwalker/Ascendant.

Tank: Herald (Paladin/Troubadour).

Healer: Lifegiver Druid

Magic: Single Class Ascendant Cipher for Driving Echoes and more Amplified Waves

Melee DPS: High Con, single class Helwalker Monk (you'll need the Con to stay alive.  helwalker guarantees you'll have more then enough might to do massive damage).  

Strategy:

Keep ciphers alive until they ascend (within 10 seconds of fight start).

Spam amplified waves 

Win.  

Not only are you doing massive foe only AOE damage with amplified waves, you're also proning the enemies.  This means the enemies never get to do anything once your ciphers ascend, until they're dead.  

Also, with a single class cipher in the party, you can also give Driving Echoes to your Helwalker Cipher and Druid, giving their spells +8 pen.  Your "healer" is suddenly a nuker with Great Maelstorm.   Furthermore, to generate focus for the pure cipher, you can give your monk Reaping Knives.  

You sold me on this build 100% by explaining how it works together. Now i just hope i don't ruin their stats. But I will do my best. I would love to hear more builds from you. But I will try this one after my current play through definitely.

Speaking of max CON with a Helwalker: Did anybody test if Skullcrusher's "Marrow-Drinker" enchantment (+10 max health per kill) does scale with CON? With Iron Wheel and up to 30+ CON this could be pretty cool. "Amulet of Health" and "Tough" do not so I think it's the same here - but maybe somebody knows? 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Single Class Barb

Single Class Chanter 

How it works:

Which builds would you add to that to make it a full 5 man party? Thanks for the reply eventhough it wasn't 100% what i was looking for it's still really cool.

It's up to you what you want to add for the other 2 members. Personally I would go for a pure evoker wizard so it can spam (chanter brilliance invocation) the strongest wizard spells like Wall of Colours, Minoletta's Missile Salvo or Meteor Shower as it stays from the back. You can also have a ranged crit machine helwaker which gets crazy +10 might, +10 int, +10 accuracy from wounds, +12 accuracy from enduring dance. Have double mortars and you can spam stunning surge in a HUUUUGE AOE to mobs stunning them for a LOOOONG TIME. Also your stunning surge gets refunded as you will crit a lot. You want to kill a beefier single target enemy? Switch to a single kitchen-stove (4 shots per attack) and stack resonant stacks. Dorudugan only needs 550 stacks to denotate him to oblivion.

Edited by giftmefood

There’s been a couple of mentions of Brilliant inspiration coming from Chanters in this thread, but I don’t know of any way they can apply it? Their PL9 Invocation restores 1 class resource, same as Brilliant does, but only the once and then you need 7 phrases to do it again. Am I missing something?

Edited by Icetrinity

There’s been a couple of mentions of Brilliant inspiration coming from Chanters in this thread, but I don’t know of any way they can apply it? Their PL9 Invocation restores 1 class resource, same as Brilliant does, but only the once and then you need 7 phrases to do it again. Am I missing something?

correct but you can make it regen so fast through troubadour brisk recitation.