• I'm in doubt
  2. 2. Male

• Aloth
    • Serafen
    • Tekēhu
    • Other (if it exists, who?)
    • none
    • I'm in doubt

Only played to level 10, but Maia has a sexy voice and so far I like her non-nonsense attitude. Might go for her.

There is some kind of romance between companions as far as I've heard. Or they share a bed *wink wink* at the least.

• Like 1

Nerf Troubadour!

Comment, but vote! Please. ^^

They spoke in Aloth but he is without a vote, of xoti, but she is without a vote. etc.

Won’t play it out myself but Aloth’s is the only one to feel like a romance and not just a fling since he actually stays with the watcher afterwards.

Do you consider Aloth as something closer to a good novel, to continuity? (Go to the end of the game?)

Xoti if my Watcher is of a religious bent; none otherwise. (Head canon says Mirke can be romanced, though.)

Can NPC 'Mirke' have romance? Assurance?

Does it say that inside the RP, or do I really need to check the "Religion" option on my character? I could explain better, I did not quite understand that.

Only played to level 10, but Maia has a sexy voice and so far I like her non-nonsense attitude. Might go for her.

There is some kind of romance between companions as far as I've heard. Or they share a bed *wink wink* at the least.

You must have a flirtation between fellows, I hope, because it is nice to see this kind of development.
How did you like Maia as Romance? It was good?

Doubt: Is There Romance Among NPCs? Or only with the players?

There is a possible:

- romance between Xoti and Maia.

- fling between Xoti and Eder, that ends with friendship, if I'm not mistaken.

Btw, do you use the word [Doubt] in place of the [Question]?

What's your Favorite Romance character?

In Deadfire? Hmm, the answer is closer to: none of the options spark me.

I've tried a romance with Maia, but it does not feel satisfying, because.. hmm, how to better elaborate..:

- Maia almost puts it like: dance around Ishiza and I'm yours

- there is no emotional intimacy

- and in the end, it looked like you are just two occasional f*** buddies

Xoti's romance is not really appealing either. Because:

- she's a bit over religious; yeah, yeah, she's a priestess, and there are living gods, but still: use your calm and common sense

- she's kinda mad about soul collecting

- she's passionate and enthusiastic which is nice) but something in her character wasn't enough. Think of Leliana, Triss, Yennefer. Now that's romance material.

- in the end, it's some kind of unsatisfying long distance relationship

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1

Doubt: Is There Romance Among NPCs? Or only with the players?

There is a possible:

- romance between Xoti and Maia.

- fling between Xoti and Eder, that ends with friendship, if I'm not mistaken.

Btw, do you use the word [Doubt] in place of the [Question]?

What's your Favorite Romance character?

In Deadfire? Hmm, the answer is closer to: none of the options spark me.

I've tried a romance with Maia, but it does not feel satisfying, because.. hmm, how to better elaborate..:

- Maia almost puts it like: dance around Ishiza and I'm yours

- there is no emotional intimacy

- and in the end, it looked like you are just two occasional f*** buddies

Xoti's romance is not really appealing either. Because:

- she's a bit over religious; yeah, yeah, she's a priestess, and there are living gods, but still: use your calm and common sense

- she's kinda mad about soul collecting

- she's passionate and enthusiastic which is nice) but something in her character wasn't enough. Think of Leliana, Triss, Yennefer. Now that's romance material.

- in the end, it's some kind of unsatisfying long distance relationship

"Btw, do you use the word [Doubt] in place of the [Question]?"

I use Translator.

About "Leliana, Triss, Yennefer" ...

• Can you have Romance with the player?
  • Are they Companions? Boat Helpers? or ...
  • How does this novel work?

Can you romance multiple companions at the same time?

Llendreth. Hot, sweaty, fuzzy, short.

Or does that only show up if you have an Orlan PC

Or does that only show up if you have an Orlan PC?

Is Llendreth a companion, ship's helper or ...?

Is it romanceable?

I did not understand the condition for this to happen?

Omg no one is voting. U.U "

I use Translator.

Oh, it explains that unusual communication style)

I use Translator.

About "Leliana, Triss, Yennefer" ...

Can you have Romance with the player?

Are they Companions? Boat Helpers? or ...

They are not from Deadfire.

Leliana - is a companion in Dragon Age: Origins; and a spymaster in Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Triss and Yennefer - are from Witcher series.

If you don't know them... well, you have a few good RPGs to play)

Can you romance multiple companions at the same time?

At the same time - no.

But as far as I know, you can start romance with one companion, change your mind, and start romance with another.

Unless you are already at Ukaizo I presume.

Well... I don't vote because the options don't suit me.

For example, I'm not in doubt. But I can't vote 50% none, 30% xoti, 20% maia, right? :)

And I can't vote for male options either, cose am not interested due to being straight. At the same time can't vote "none", because it would mean that I find their romances unsatisfying, but I don't know if they are, or if they are not.

Read it as Llengrath first time :)

Perhaps the very first Llengrath was an orlan as well)

Edited by MaxQuest

Was extremely disappointed with both Xoti and Maia so a clear none for me.

Which is sad because I realize all the work that probably went into the relationship system but dit not pay off...

From what I read of the commentaries, none of them came close to the novels of Baldur's Gate 2.

In PoE2 the Romances give a certain extra in the story, but it does not have a deeper development and / or it affects the history of some way.

But the iterations are of romance as only iterations between the companions and with you, are at least fun and guarantee a good fun? (Laughter and the like ...)

Is there any prospect for some upgrade or expansion than an extra romance? What better or add things in this sense?

Maya is the one and unique adequate character in this bunch of freaks 8)

Some days i miss Durance... If that one son of a **** were in Deadfire, i'd definetely wanted him to romance with Vatnir - it could be most epic lovestory in PRG's ever! :wub:

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 1

Or does that only show up if you have an Orlan PC

Or does that only show up if you have an Orlan PC?

Is Llendreth a companion, ship's helper or ...?

Is it romanceable?

I did not understand the condition for this to happen?

Random ship event with a crew member. Llendreth is an Orlan npc crew mwmber you can hire in dunnage.

You must have a flirtation between fellows, I hope, because it is nice to see this kind of development.

I haven't done it yet. I like her personality (until now), and might try to romance her.

But computer game romances are pretty shallow, my opinion. They can be fun, but I don't get emotionally invested in them ;-)

Nerf Troubadour!

I haven't done it yet. I like her personality (until now), and might try to romance her.

But computer game romances are pretty shallow, my opinion. They can be fun, but I don't get emotionally invested in them ;-)

She does Jaheira's romance at Baldur's Gate 2 and tells me if she's still going to think so ^^

Romance worked from the 1st, in a way. lol

Just an example.

• Like 1

Say what you want, but I think Tekēhu romance is very well written and very faithful to character. Aloth (with all my love to character from PoE1) has a secondary role in PoE2, with much less impact and significance. His romance (without mod, which make it playable) feels  even less significant (not to mention delayed as much as possible) which is a shame. Non of the romance in game is the central plot piece, but Tekēhu is well developed and felt true to the story.

• Like 2

Say what you want, but I think Tekēhu romance is very well written and very faithful to character. Aloth (with all my love to character from PoE1) has a secondary role in PoE2, with much less impact and significance. His romance (without mod, which make it playable) feels  even less significant (not to mention delayed as much as possible) which is a shame. Non of the romance in game is the central plot piece, but Tekēhu is well developed and felt true to the story.

What are the mods that enhance or add to romance?

Do you have the links?

Are worth?

Can NPC 'Mirke' have romance? Assurance?

Does it say that inside the RP, or do I really need to check the "Religion" option on my character? I could explain better, I did not quite understand that.

To clarify: I often joke about Mirke being my waifu as a light jab toward Ydwin fanatics. That said, some of my Watchers would take a shine to her if the option were available. (She's a favorite pick since her Shadowdancer combo is so fun.)

As for Xoti, I usually only have religious Watchers romance her due to RP reasons.

Edited by Ophiuchus
  • Like 1

What are the mods that enhance or add to romance?

Do you have the links?

Are worth?

Here is the link: https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/51 I know there is a Rekke romance there too somewhere.

The mod is, obviously, fan-made. So, writing is a matter of taste here. Just try and see for yourself.

• Like 1

This game has some weak romances. I'm straight but I may go for Tekehu haha. He's interesting but arrogant, with one of the stronger plot ties. Maia was fine until you find out her dirty secret. I don't even recruit her anymore. Xoiti is a good pick but barely anything happens in the "romance". I miss my Jaheria :(

Edited by Verde
  • Like 2

I've almost always gone with Xoti. Though I've yet to romance her after turning her to the dark side; may have to do that one of these days. Might not be at the Bioware-level of RPG romance, but on the positive side we're spared the Bioware-level unintentionally hilarious sex scenes.

The one time I wanted to try romancing Maia, it never triggered. Might not try again, as she rubs me the wrong way at times.

The one companion I was looking forward to romancing is unfortunately not an option. Guess I never will find out of Pallegina has a cloaca or not.

• Like 1