Path of the Damned probably impossible at Gorecci Street

I was very excited to play the turn mode, after some quick quests, I arrived at one of the first challenging fights, Gorecci Street.
In the Questlog appeared to be at the same level as mine, 3. At this point i have 3 characters.
I started the fight, I noticed the astronomous amount of enemies, 7.
I ignored mathematics and went up, got good damage and some few cures, but after several frustrating attempts I realized that it would be impossible by the mere fact of enemies ranged did not miss any attack, always giving more than 30% of my total health damage. In the flood, u cant reach in time the backline with big damage on your neck.
Completely unbalanced for one of the first missions!!!

I find the game way easier in Turn based than RWTP. Its POTD, you are supposed to figure out how to do things in a different manner. Did you clear Engwithan site first? I recruited a Crusader moon godlike, cleared it, recruited Aloth and then went for Gorecci and it was pretty easy. So far my Bloodmage with max perception is destroying everything.

Edited by eschu101
  • Like 2

Gorecci street is one of the hardest encounters in the game on PotD if attempted before leaving the Isle - the powercreep doesn't kick in at this point yet.

I didn't try it in Turn-Based but I never managed to beat it before recruiting Aloth and finding animancers. 

As above I do feel Turn-Based to be easier than RTwP as it's easier to play efficiently. 

I find the game way easier in Turn based than RWTP. Its POTD, you are supposed to figure out how to do things in a different manner. Did you clear Engwithan site first? I recruited a Crusader moon godlike, cleared it, recruited Aloth and then went for Gorecci and it was pretty easy. So far my Bloodmage with max perception is destroying everything.

Blood mage is so good in turn based it's ridiculous

I was very excited to play the turn mode, after some quick quests, I arrived at one of the first challenging fights, Gorecci Street.

In the Questlog appeared to be at the same level as mine, 3. At this point i have 3 characters.

I ignored mathematics and went up, got good damage and some few cures, but after several frustrating attempts I realized that it would be impossible by the mere fact of enemies ranged did not miss any attack, always giving more than 30% of my total health damage. In the flood, u cant reach in time the backline with big damage on your neck.

As others have said, Gorecci Street can be very hard with very little room for error due to how few options you personally have so early in the game. Have you even tried the dig site yet on PotD? That might ruin your day even more and that's part of the critical path.

Two things that will greatly make it easier to deal with:

1) hire some hirelings (to get up to full party of five).  you can always ditch them as you recruit other characters, if that's your thing.

2) split up the west/east enemies into two encounters using sparkcrackers and sneak (you can also use traps or anything else that makes a lot of noise and attracts attention). Don't know if it's as easy to do this kind of pulling in TB, but an encounter against 3 followed by an encounter against 4 is way way easier than an encounter against all 7 at once.

Both these tips (full party of five, splitting up the encounter via pulling) will help you a lot at the Engwithan Dig Site as well.

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1

While still difficult, that fight is much easier in turn based. I actually managed it approaching from the North entrance (so no pull cheese), before even going to the dig site, with just Eder and Xoti as companions. Would have been impossible for me in rtwp, based on my previous experiences.

As others have said, Gorecci Street can be very hard with very little room for error due to how few options you personally have so early in the game. Have you even tried the dig site yet on PotD? That might ruin your day even more and that's part of the critical path.

Two things that will greatly make it easier to deal with:

1) hire some hirelings (to get up to full party of five).  you can always ditch them as you recruit other characters, if that's your thing.

2) split up the west/east enemies into two encounters using sparkcrackers and sneak (you can also use traps or anything else that makes a lot of noise and attracts attention). Don't know if it's as easy to do this kind of pulling in TB, but an encounter against 3 followed by an encounter against 4 is way way easier than an encounter against all 7 at once.

Both these tips (full party of five, splitting up the encounter via pulling) will help you a lot at the Engwithan Dig Site as well.

Ty for the tips, i cleared the digsite, now have full party at lvl 4, my assasin now are hiting hard above 25 sometimes, recruited a barbarian 2hand with "rage", after clear every corner of the first island, a turn back to gorecci.

This times starting in the south entrance, exploded first 2 enemies, but things got bad after ranged enemies start to hit every single shot with 20-30 damage, almost killing my entire party with 3 shots, at this time my assassin was caught out of position and died, barbarian missed about 80% of their attacks (serious, this % is very liar at PotD) with 80% hit i land 1 of 5 attacks, how?

I wiped again, ill skip again and back lvl 5

While still difficult, that fight is much easier in turn based. I actually managed it approaching from the North entrance (so no pull cheese), before even going to the dig site, with just Eder and Xoti as companions. Would have been impossible for me in rtwp, based on my previous experiences.

Really? U cleared with 2 chars at lvl 2?

2 vs 7 at path of the damned? no screenshot = didn't happen

:biggrin:

with 80% hit i land 1 of 5 attacks, how?

Humans are bad at reasoning or intuitively "feeling" probability. In all likelihood, because of how selective human memory is, you are also just forgetting about those stretches of time where you had luck in your favor, such as hitting three consecutive attacks that had ~1/3 chance of hitting.

In very short sequences, even seemingly absurd outcomes are not all that unlikely. It's the gambler's fallacy to think that the game "remembers" previous rolls and should compensate future rolls as a result.

• Like 3

After last update combat turn to complete better numbers, now is hard to miss and completely waste your turn, a minimum dmg is done with graze, now combat is fair, very hard, but not frustrating, i lose one or two chars but in the end the fight worth every minute.

Thank you for listen us

• Like 1